Newbie started on 5th Aug 2013

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dippymint 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi all,

Just started on Monday and did Mon and Tues back to back. I plan to do this most weeks, but will change as and when required. Love the fact that this is so flexible!
    My weekly weigh in will be on a Sunday but weighed this morning and 4lb down. I know some of this will be water. I’ve found it easy to stick to for the first few days. I’m doing this for health reasons as well as weight as I have Crohn’s disease and had it for 44 years. I have high blood pressure, b12 deficient, athritis in hands, hips and knees, nerve damage due to 2 major ops recently, so I have a lot going on and I believe this way of life will help me.
    However I look the picture of health and you would think I would be a misery but I,m not and quite happy but would like to be a bit more pain free. I had all my bloods done recently so planning to shock the doc by improving them.

Good luck to all the newbies x

Really pleased to hear that your first week was easy and successful. Good luck on your journey to better health 🙂

Thanks StephB, I’m determined to do it.

Newbie here too. I have read only a bit of the book so this sight is very helpful. I fasted on Sunday. I ate only dinner and a bit of cantaloupe during the day. It wasn’t too difficult as I did not exercise and the rest of the family had their own eating schedule. I will fast tomorrow with breakfast and lunch only. I do plan to exercise and go to work. I will let the family (husband and grown daughter) make their own dinner. Having fasted in the past for religious reasons, 500 calories, and the ability to drink, makes it much easier.

Hi Dippymint, dwpslp, StephB and all,
    I also had my first fast day on Monday, which I found to be pretty hard-going, but I am going for it again tomorrow. I’ve made some soup and planned my menu. I just hope it gets easier! I figure I’ll give the plan a month and decide if i can stick at it.
    It’s good to read all the forum comments for some moral support!

Good luck to dwpslp and no added sugar, so far I’ve had a good 5 days and have found I can’t / don’t want to eat much on the non fasting days. I’m sure this will change as I go on . Maybe those who struggle at the start but stick with it will do better than those who find it a coddle at the start. Happy fasting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.