newbie saying hello

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  wiltldnrUSA 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi Michael, I am week 4 on starting my new lifestyle. Never joined in forums before but wanted to give some feedback.. A little about me i have been a yo-yo dieter since my teens, been successful for a short time, done pretty much every diet going but when i reached my 40’s i’d had enough and rebelled saying i would accept the fact i was a big woman. Last year I watched the horizon prog and was intrigued, but thinking i couldnt do it,so forgot about it. Anyhow feeling very uncomfortable and fed up just before christmas i started a diet and started to lose a little weight but as usually couldnt forget about food it was on my mind 24/7 so started to cheat (cheat who i don’t know) anyhow guilt led in and i felt a failure, and my weight went back up. So at nearly age 46, perimenopausal, with 4 stone to lose & classed as obese, pear shaped with a apple shape also growing, i stumbled across 5:2 again, the next day i did my first fast and guess what i didnt die, i felt brill with a little halo! 2nd fast even better than the first with a spring in my step, then the bonus i didnt want as much food on my feed days, now that was weird! I look forward to my fast days, esp after weekends, i enjoy the light feeling & energy. Work loves me as I’ve got so much more energy and cleaned the work cupboards out that no one dared go in! I’ve lost 5 1/2lb in 3 weeks with no struggle whats so ever. I’ve even been to a party and ate BUFFET food with no guilt! The best is I’ve lost 3 inches off my waist, thighs and get this 1 1/2inch off my knees! I am loving not feeling guilty about food and when i eat i enjoy, i eat less naturally without counting cals & can say these words.. “I cant eat anymore i’m full”, people look at me in amazement, those words have never left my mouth before!! I feel fantastic & uplifted, i have a glow, my eyes sparkle and my skin is great!! I’ve started exercising, even doing some cycling on fast days and started to rid my mind of all the years of diet do’s and don’ts! My new indulgence cold sparkling water! Thank you Thank you Thank you Michael

MizShell

“started to rid my mind of all the years of diet do’s and don’ts!”

what a great sentence

since june how is the fdl (fastday lifestyle)?

happy nonfastdays & fastdays

Hi USA, great to see you back. I missed your posts.

Heather

MizShell. What an exuberant and happy post. Your positivity is contagious! Agree with USA about that special sentence. A great start and good luck with your fasting.

Hi I am new to fasting as well, just watched Michael Mosley documentary the other day and was impressed.

hi

heather

thanks

what r u eating on nonfastdays & fastdays?

what is ur philosophy?

how r u doing in this fdl?

happy nonfastdays & fastdays

Hi usa and toms thank you for comments. Well since June i,m still on the 5:2 most weeks, there have been times when i,ve just missed breakie instead of doing the 5:2 days. The weight hasn’t come off like i’d like it to BUT the youthful looking face and mind is still positively glowing lol. Plus I haven’t put weight on which is a bonus. I really enjoy my food and have a very healthy relationship with everything i eat, there’s no more guilt which is the thing i feel really positive about. I no longer buy the latest diet books or magazines so have more pennies to spend on treats for myself or others. I accept my body the way it is at the moment, am more in tune to it and try to take better care of it eg proper rest, less stress, more fun exercise and laughter. I have started a new job so have allowed myself to settle and have worked out best days for fasting, which i have put in place but cuz i’m now a bit of a rebel now i don’t force myself to do fasting i do it out of choice. My new work place is full of people starting the Monday diet i’m just really glad its no longer me doing that. Yeah i would like to lose weight but my main reason is to feel free to enjoy my life without beating myself up every time i eat. The more you focus on something the more it takes over your life so i choose to not to focus on stuff that’s going to make me a sad sack. So basically 5:2 may not have yet given me the dream body but its given me a fresh new mind that appreciates having a body that works reasonably well and that wants to enjoy life, food, family and friends!! x

p.s hi eddy all the best on your 5:2 journey, relax, and enjoy, hope you achieve what you want to achieve!!

MizShell

wow what an addictive joyous attitude

happy nonfastdays & fastdays or as u said a nobreakieday 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.