Newbie needing support

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hello all,

I’m a 43 year old and have been struggling with digestion issues and general fatigue from being sick and tired. I have tried special diets, done al the research but nothing really sticks. I have struggled to keep a good exercise regimen as I often find myself exhausted or sick and need to rest. After a while I just gave up. I am now overweight (some 15 – 20k), but the weight is not my biggest concern. I need to be healthy, have energy since this condition is slowly taking all the life out of me.
    I’ve alienated myself from my body and need to reconnect. I think this diet might help me put less strain on my digestive system, reconnect with my body. Thing is: I’m a bit afraid I’ll fail again, since I’ve started – and quit many programs, from getting fit to this actual program that I started with a friend but when she gave up I too chickened out 😀 I live alone so I do need some outside support and I don’t want to bother my friends with my health. Tomorrow and Wednesday will be my first days. Wish me luck!

Welcome.
    You don’t need luck and you don’t need to put the pressure of exercise on top of changing what you eat and when. I would suggest that you had a look at the FAQs at the top to get yourself started and then take it 1 day at a time. The goal for a fast day is protein and leaves, so think about what that might be. I found that I felt much better on a FD(fast day) that I started to look at what I ate/drank on a NFD(non fast day) and changed what I ate, little by little.
    There are lots of different threads that you can dip in and out of. We all need support. Ask questions and folk on here will offer tips and advice.
    If you drink alcohol that is one thing that you can reduce which will help your waistline and another is any of those fizzy drinks-swap to water. I gave up sugar in my tea after 40+ years, so anything is possible!
    I would just say that the threads are fast-moving and we are international so if you don’t hear a response, it isn’t that folk don’t care, but just that we read/join some threads and try to keep up with those. I have found folk very helpful/supportive/informative so have a look at those that you find interesting and join in.

Hi bx and welcome:

Here are some tips that might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Welcome to the Fasting Lifestyle, BX. As Annette says, protein is important. So is less sugar and more veg. Drink water! We’re here to help you. Let us know how you are doing.

Welcome!

Daily accountability and posting is available over in the monthly challenge forum. Drop in the January board for lots of newbies and “old-timer” input. 😊

Hi all! Thanks for your replies! It does feel a little less lonely starting off this diet with your support 🙂 Today is my first day. Sipping tea in stead of the usual rice milk + coffee. Here goes 🙂 Thanks all! Mrj: Thanks for the monthly challenge tip. Will drop in.

K

bxlK, it has been 4 days since you started this Lifestyle. How is it going? We are here for you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.