Newbie needing some advice

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  tazanna 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi everyone. Yesterday was my third FD. Last week was relatively easy, and I was very happy to see nearly 4lbs lost.

Can I ask how people deal with the NFD .. yesterday I stuck to my 500 calories, I find it easier to wait as long as possible before eating anything then I can enjoy my tea with my husband. What I’m trying to work out is at what point should I start eating on my NFD, which is today? The reason for asking is because when I woke this morning food didn’t enter my brain, it was in fact at 13:00 when I had my weetabix! Is that ok to do, or should I be eating as soon as I’m in the upright? Any thoughts, hints or tips are most welcome, thank you.

It is fine to do that. I feel much better when I don’t eat until later and am likely to eat too much if I eat in the morning. But do try to eat enough to keep your metabolism going. It can be tempting to eat a reduced number of calories on NFDs too, but it can actually be counter productive. I think that is why I was slow to lose any weight at the start. But obviously try not to go the other way either. I have found the best way is to eat two meals on NFDs. Well done on your first week:)

I agree with Rabbit. Eat when you are hungry, but let yourself be hungry for a bit or drink water just to make sure. I eat first meal usually noonish, as I swim and/or run in morning followed by my one Americano and then by noon Im ready of my smoothie. Then I try to do water all day and then dinner by 5:00 pmish.

It’s my first fast day today. I didn’t feel hungry until the afternoon, and like elleinad, I did some exercise this morning (30 mins). Had a bowl of soup and some pickled cornichons afterwards at 2.3Opm. I’ve borrowed my boyfriend’s Garmin pedometer too and only 700 steps off 10k! I’ve got at least 3.5 stone to lose so there’s a very long way to go…I have the Fast Diet cookbook and made the chilli which was 241 calories. Tasty and a big portion. I’m at my hungriest at this time of night (9pm). I think I just want to pick. And I think about food a lot at this point in the evening! When I am busy during the day, it’s a lot easier! Hope you continue to do well!

Ate at 7 pm last night am fasting today I thought I could eat at 7 pm tonight but now I am not sure when I can eat please HELP really need to make this work tks

Hi tazanna

Can I refer you to the forum “The Basics for Newbies – Your Questions Answered!” started by
    simcoeluv – she has provided you with clear information and answers a lot of questions asked by those new to this Way of Life (WOL) on page 1.
    Click on Forum above then click on Active Topics – go to Page 4 and you will find this forum about 1/2 way down the page.

Basically the way 5:2 works is you go to bed, get up, eat 5/600 or 1/4 TDEE in calories during your waking hours, go to bed, get up and eat to your TDEE – twice a week. On all 7 days of the week you can eat foods you want to eat – there are no forbidden foods, or foods you have to eat. For the first month or so it is suggested that you focus on doing your diet days correctly (5/600 calories or 1/4 TDEE) and once you are used to this way of eating you can experiment with what suits you best.

Good luck with your journey in this WOL.

Thank you AT

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.