Newbie looking for inspiration!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  andycane 9 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi all,

I’m Andy and am 30 years old, I’ve been a yoyo dieter for the past 10 years I’d say and my weight fluctuates so much it’s only now I’ve come to realise I need to do something about it!

I’m 6″3 and weigh 17.10st, It was 18.1st but in the past three weeks but I’ve made the effort to eat healthier.

My goal weight is under 15stone, something I was around 5 years ago.

I’ve dabbled with the 5:2 before and did it quite religiously only to fall into the trap of eating so many carbs on my “off” days. I was also weighing myself after every fast days so although I was apparently losing weight according to the scales I never felt like I was, clothes were still tight etc.

I had a pal on Whatsapp many moons ago when on the fast and we would motivate each other but unfortunately I don’t have that option now so hopefully the forum will help me.

I’m on the lookout for simple foods for the fast to take to work if anyone could point me in the direction?

Oh and if anyone wanted to buddy up, please say 🙂

Hi Andy,

Hope you’re well!

I wanted to buddy up……

I am 30 year old female…..working full time and a mum to a two year old toddler.

I am 5ft 2 and weigh 15st – I have 3 stones to lose.

I started 5:2 about three weeks ago and have lost just over 4lbs.

Today is a fast day as I did indulge over the long weekend just gone!

Hopefully going to fast again tommorow and possibly Thursday too if I am brave enough!!!

Currently what works for me is very minimal food throughout the day on fast days and a 500 calorie or so meal for dinner……so far today i have had lots of water, black coffee and a ryvita cracker with a pot of the 10 calorie jelly…..looking forward to dinner tonight!

G

Hi G,

Good going! It seems we’re in similar position, I have a 3 year old and a 3 month old so teas seems to occur around them at the mo although the little one is getting into a bit of rhythm so it’s allowing more time for normal dinners again.

I envy those who have started already and find it the norm to do now, I’m looking forward to tomorrow and not at the same time! I have 6 aside football int he evening too so that’s going to be an eye opener on little food at all.

I’m office based too which doesn’t make it the easiest when I get a bit bored!

Aww! I know what you mean! I am also office based and as off three weeks ago have started a 30 mins brisk walk everyday during lunch at a nearby park! it certainly pumps up the heart if nothing else……

i must admit today i am feeling the urge to eat something naughty, but i’ve done so well and must resist!

its nearly hometime for me…..and as soon as i reach home, my toddler errands will begin so by the time i’ve settled, fed my daughter and sorted the evening out, it’ll soon be time for me to eat.

I have a longggggg way to go but am determined to stick it out – I have to!

I think I will be fine whilst in the office if I’m honest but I always look forward to a meal in the evening once the kids are in bed so the thought of not having that again will be the breaker for me but like you, I’m determined!

I have to keep telling myself whats better, feeling good about what you’re wearing (sound very womany here :p) or just eating something that is there and gone in minutes!

The thing that motivates me are scales, if I’ve slugged away all week eating well and then I weigh myself and find I’ve lost nothing or heaven forbid I’ve put weight on then that’s where I get depressed! I know scales are the worst thing to measure weight loss on too as your body fluctuates so much!

One thing I did buy myself and it put things into perspective is a fitbit band which keeps track of your steps during the day, it’s definitely made me more active and I make sure I do the 10k a day! Definitely recommended! You can add friends too which makes it a bit more competitive 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.