Newbie from Scotland

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Just reading the book and doing lots of reading online – sounds great and something that can be part of the daily routine. Am planning tomorrow and will start with my first fast on Monday. Just ordered new scales with the water and body mass reader as well – lots to look forward to next year and have about 3 stone to lose but realise it took me 20 years to put the weight on and not expecting miracles but excited about having more energy and seeing weight loss. Four weeks til Christmas and know this is even something I can do during the holidays – I am a bit of a foody and love making sweets/ chocolates etc for gifts and if people drop in over Christmas but still feel if I plan my weeks should be able to get the fast days in and control the other days. Decided to start now rather than wait until the New Year as I could do a lot of damage over the next 6 weeks! Looking forward to hearing/ reading everyone’s stories and being part of this, K

Welcome to the gang! its great that your starting straight away rather than waiting, this will be your best Christmas present to yourself you could have! wishing you great success in your journey, do keep us posted x

crowesnest, also welcome, and no time like the present!

Hi crowsnest – I haven’t been doing this long either – 3 weeks – and I really think this is going to work. I’m enjoying it and it’s looking good so far. I’m in Scotland too and like you I make lots of sweets and cakes for gifts at this time of year. the difference will be that I won’t be eating so many of them!! Good luck x

Thanks for making me so welcome – have managed to talk my husband into the benefits too so he is starting with me. We are having our first fast day tomorrow – smoothie in the morning and then a huge green and pepper salad with tuna for dinner – carrot and cucumber sticks ready for when the munchies take over! Making veggie soup today to freeze into portions as well for later in the week or if it is too cold and don’t fancy salad tomorrow….

Hi Crowesnest16,

We have been on the plan for 5 months, tell your husband, mine decided to join me, we thought we will give it a month as we wasn’t very sure of the idea of 5.2. I have lost 25 lbs and husband 26 lbs, he has lost 8″ around his waist!

Don’t forget to measure as inches go down when the scales don’t move…

All my diet books have been given away there is only this one what works…

Good luck to both of you

Ps you are in Scotland….porridge would be better than a smoothie for breakfast, it will keep you fuller longer.

I would agree about the porridge, whether you’re in Scotland or not 😀 I have porridge made with 25g of porridge oats or oatmeal and eat it with 50ml of unsweetened almond milk. Only 106 calories for the two. Oats are slow release carbs and it keeps me going until my evening meal and I have nearly 400 calories to ‘spend’ on that. I can’t do the ‘only water till evening’ method. I feel sick and headachey if I don’t eat something so the porridge is perfect

I agree with you, sylvestra. I always exercise in the morning and although they say it’s good to do ‘fasting’ exercise it makes me feel pants!
    Good luck crowesnest,my husband and I have done it together and he’s lost loads and lots of inches,we’re almost the same sizes as we were 40 years ago!

Hey Crowe, welcome to our fancy little wagon 🙂 Say hi to the hubby from us, and wish him and yourself the best of luck for the next fastday! And then the next, and the next… Just take it one at a time!

Thanks all – we had our first fast day yesterday and it was fine – weightotgo smoothie (124 calories) in the morning as I find it difficult to face food in the morning and drink it on the train to get to work – lasted all day on my feet (I’m a trainer), was able to pass on the sandwiches that had been provided at lunch, got in the door at 8pm and had a weighttogo chili for 326 calories with green salad and was almost exactly on the 500 calories – hubby was similar although had a vegetable soup and more on his plate at dinner. Great day today as didn’t want to sabotage what I did yesterday! No headaches or light headedness which I was expecting so raring to go – no heartburn last night either!

That’s great Crowe! Well done by you and your hubby!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.