Newbie from Ireland

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Clario 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi everyone!
    I just finished reading the book and really enjoying seeing everyone’s success and support on the forum. My first fast day is tomorrow and I’m pretty excited about it.

I think like many people here I’ve seen my weight go up over the years and found other diets/exercise regimes too tough to stick to long term. I’ve always searched for something that can be a real lifestyle change but I don’t think I’ll ever be the person who never eats chocolate! I feel more determined now than I ever have done, I think partly because the “deprivation” mindset of the fasting lifestyle is always temporary – there’s always tomorrow to satisfy a craving.

Good luck to all the other newbies!

P.S. Has anyone here taken “before” photos of themselves? If so, do you find it useful?

Clario

Hey Clario!

Yeah I have a “before” picture, and I find it useful to sometimes look at it and think I never wanna be that person again 😉 And it’s also just fun to compare.

I hope this will prove to be the lifestyle for you!!

Hi Clario, every photo of me since puberty is a ‘before’ photo, as I’d been big ever since then (bearing in mind I was 34 when I started doing this). Goodness knows what I’ll look like when I’m eventually close to my ideal weight (not going to worry too much about getting dead on it, as long as I’m close & comfortable) – looking forward to finding out 😉

hi Clario and welcome!!

good luck on your journey, I myself haven’t taken a before/after pic lol..

happy fasting 🙂

I feel the same TracyJ, every picture of me from the last few years on facebook is inspiration enough! I’ll be looking forward to not running away from every camera I see.

Today is my first fast day and it’s going really well, it’s odd (and pretty interesting) how ‘hunger pangs’ go in waves or it’s actually just thirst/boredom.

Good luck guys!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.