Newbie from Germany

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Springer 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi,

I’m a 48 year old woman from Germany and I started the 5:2 diet one and a half weeks ago. My motivation is not so much to lose weight (even though I did gain 5 kg (11 pds) or so during the last year and I would not mind losing those again), but just to get a bit more energy and some of the health benefits of the fasting intervals.

I have never been overweight, so I don’t have much experience with dieting, but I did try the ketogenic diet for a while last year (also mostly out of curiosity and to see if it would do anyting for my migraine headacahes … it did, but after about 2 months I started craving carbs again … mostly potatoes and fruit, so I did revert back to a more balanced diet including some carbs. I’d still say my carb intake is moderate, though). And I have a feeling that the keto experience did help me immensely on my first fasting days. My body naturally slipped back into ketosis relatively quickly. I did feel hungry, but neither dizzy nor tired or headachy.

Even though I’ve only done 4 fasting days so far, I am amazed at the effect they were having. I will tell more about it in the health section, but it really felt like my body switched gears from fatigued, in pain and always hungry to fresh, motivated and energized. Without having any intention to do so beforehand, I started to do some kind of exercise or physical activity every day. I don’t think I lost much weight yet, but my body feels leaner and stronger. It is as if my body completely changed gears almost overnight.

I do try to stick to the classic 500 kcal approach for the fast days, but I am not overly strict with it. I estimate the calories more than actually measureing or weighing my food, and I made a rule for myself that blackberries, walnuts and other wild fruit I encounter during walks do not count towards my calorie budget.

I try to eat two meals on fasting days, lunch and dinner, and avoid snacking. If the hunger gets too bad between meals, I have a cup of broth (from a cube) or five almonds in between. That seems to work quite well.

Hi Newbie from Germany, I started 5:2 on the 21st of April 2020. What I would like to know do tou eat normally on your non fast day’s?On my fast days I stick to 500 calories I have breakfast and then dinner? Is it ok? How you doing?

Hi another new member here who is actually German ( but I do life in Holland 🇳🇱). How do you guys found this site?
    I started the fast 800 9 day’s ago and feel sharp. I’m surprised by how easily it is for me to cut down in calories. I am heavily overweight and have to loose at least 30 kg. For me it’s a matter of maximising my health. (48 y woman, bad traffic accident, from 56kg to 103kg, due to muscle and bones injuries) But all other benefits are very welcome 🙏
    Wish you both good luck with fasting

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.