Newbie – Fast 800 vs 5:2

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ann1239 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• This is my first week on the 5:2. I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with.

When I was doing some searching on the internet, I came across the Fast 800, which is the new method. Has anyone try that out?

I am thinking of doing the 5:2 for several 1-2 months, and if I get stuck, I will be doing the 800. Starting with the 800 right now may make me feel deprived.

Also, I am 5 feet (or 1.5 meter), should I limit my intake to about 300-400 on fast day or 500 is fine?

Hi Ann,

Stick to 500 calories for now. Once you are used to fasting you can decide whether to decrease the number of calories on a fast day (FD) or increase the number of FDs per week if you want to speed up the rate of loss.

I lost 31kgs doing 5:2 but lost my way for various reasons and gained some weight which I’ve lost and regained several times over and came to the conclusion I needed to try a different approach.
    I made the decision to switch to fast 800 in order to get used to eating less every day as I was having issues with eating too much on non FDs and it is taking some getting used to but is working.
    It’s all about which method works for you and suits your lifestyle.

Good luck and let us knowhow you are getting on.

Thank you Amazon!

31 kg is a lot! Wow! That is some will power! How long does it take you to lose that much? On average do you know how much people lose on the 5:2? I want to compare to give me an idea whether it is working for me or not.

And also, people have said that losing weight this quickly means we are losing our “metabolism”. The Fast 800 and the 5:2 help weigh loss by cutting out calories. I am wondering if you have this experience?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.