Newbie couple from Perth, Oz

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  vicki 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi All,
    My husband (54) and I (46) are both starting seriously tomorrow.. We are a bit confused though, as I have been on the Facebook and saw different ways of doing the 5:2 fast!! My husband isn’t big in breakfast, therefore was wanting to fast all day and eat all his 600 cal at dinner time, maybe eat an apple round lunch time to keep him going!! As for me I was doing breakfast, apple for lunch and then dinner … Both keeping at the recommend cal intake for fast days!
    Is that correct?
    How long should we be fasting our body of food on each fast day?
    Can we pretty much eat anything we want on those 2 days as long as they don’t exceed the 500 / 600 a day? (I just can’t seem to go past my toasts and italian coffee in the morning!!!)
    Any suggestions we’d love,… I started at the gym again last week, and enjoying it… Found also if I keep myself buy in fast days I don’t get too hungry!!!!
    Ok we are so excited about doing this as it’s he only “diet” that doesn’t seem to constrict us too much as we love eating good food… Ok thanks to all…
    Regards from a very hot Perth (41 degrees today)!!!!

Have you watched the video (still available) Eat Fast and Live Longer, read the book and got Mimi’s recipe book ?. if you scroll through this forum you will find that many people use different approaches to suit their own lifestyles.
    Have a look at the how part of this site and that will give you a good starter.
    I’ve been following this WOE for 4 months and relied heavily on the recipe book at first. Have lost almost 6kgs and feeling great.

All the best and you will discover the style that suits you best

hi there VIschi and good luck to both of you!!

well done on choosing this fab way of eating 🙂

wishing you all the best, from a very cold UK brrrrrrrrrrrrrr (41 hey, oh my…lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hi Vlschi
    It really is worthwhile to read the book, there is also a wonderful 6 minute guide to the book (which Michael likes!) and is very funny, view at:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Aj6hRYg4A

Nothing is really correct – just do it as it best suits you both.
    I don’t eat at all on fast days – just water, which doesn’t suit most people but has the advantage of not stimulating the taste buds. But on all the other days I drink wine and eat normally (anything NOT everything). Started 22/1/13, now lost 20.2kg (90.8kg to 70.6)

A really good forum to join is
    Hello Southern Hemispherites!!
    which is basically the Australian site, very helpful and supportive.

Hope you survive the Perth weather (we are even being threatened by 32 here in Hobart tomorrow
    Good luck
    Vicki

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.