This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hello, I’m new to all of this. I have tried all the Diet clubs and failed. Unable to exercise due to a back problem at the moment which is being investigated,I’m due to go for an MRI Scan. My question is this I have 5 Stone to lose so will the 5.2 Diet work for me ? I would love to hear from people who have lost a lot of wait. Thanks, Maria XX

Exercise is probably 10% and diet accounts for 90% of weight loss. You don’t need to exercise to lose weight but exercise is good for your mental well being and your cardio fitness. They are important in the overall scheme but not essential for weight loss. Im a male, lost 48 pounds, so not quite the 70 pounds you want to lose but still significant. Lost it over 4 years ago and have been maintaining ever since. 5:2 works but it works REALLY WELL if you choose to eat proper food. If you choose to eat crap it will be a struggle but still possible. Ask most people on here that have been in maintenance and they will tell you the same thing. Eat healthy food. Whats healthy? Ask 10 people and you will get 10 different answers. My take on healthy is no sugar, no processed carbs (no bread cake biscuits pasta etc.), no wheat or rice. Lots of veggies (no potatoes), legumes, nuts, seeds, some meat, fish. Good luck.

Motherathome, welcome to Fasting. Yes, it works. As bigbooty says, it isn’t about the exercise. But once your back is sorted, try walking for exercise. The children can join you or you could make it your “Me Time”.
    Ditto also bigBooty’s advocacy of real food. Here are some recipes that your family might like too:

Chicken Noodle Soup: 212 calories 3.3 g fat 5.2 g fiber 23.1 g protein 22.8 g carbs 105.5 mg Calcium PB If you have some in the freezer already, then this is really easy! HINT: This makes enough for two servings. Invite a friend or freeze for another easy meal.
    3 cups chicken or turkey broth 2 oz chicken white meat, diced or shredded 1 oz broken spaghetti or linguine ¼ c. white beans, drained and rinsed if canned 1.5 oz carrot, diced 1.5 oz green beans, cut into 1” pieces 1 0z Canadian or back bacon, slivered seasonings to taste: salt, pepper, dried thyme, dried sage Per bowl: 1 tsp grated Parmesan cheese + generous sprinkling of parsley
    Per person: [optional] 2 Finn Crisp crackers which adds 40 calories 0.5 g fat 2 g fiber 2 g protein 10 g carbs and 0 mg Calcium
    Bring the broth to a simmer and cook the noodles until almost tender. If the chicken is raw, throw it in the pot to cook. Add the beans, carrot, green beans, Canadian bacon and seasonings. When heated through, ladle into bowls and top with the cheese and parsley. Yum. Yum.

Good luck. Preplanning is important. You can do this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.