This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi there
    I started on 5.2 last week, i have completed one week but sadly lost nothing..very upsetting , Im 5 foot 3 and weigh 10 stone 5 so hoping to gradually drop a stone but ob not off to a good start.Any suggestions

There are a couple of things that may have happened. You have overcompensated on your non fast days and eaten more than you would have normally. Eat up to your TDEE and no more. If you are unsure how many calories you are eating then initially count everything you eat to make sure you are not going over.

The other possibility concerns what you eat rather than how much. Sugar and processed grain based foods spike insulin levels. If your insulin levels are high it is almost impossible to lose weight. Avoid sugar, bread, pizza, breakfast cereals (most a pure crap), biscuits, cakes etc. Avoid juices, chocolates fizzy sugar drinks.

Good luck.

thanks for guidance i think thats what happened …possibly a bread overload

A few thoughts for you:

* Don’t be upset – congratulate yourself on a positive move to improve your wellbeing : )

* Use the tools on this site (Resources > BMI calculator ) to calculate your TDEE for your TARGET weight, not your current weight.

* Stick to the guidance – maximum of 25% of TDEE on fast days, no more than 100% on other days. Make sure you’re aware of calories that may be hiding in the stuff you drink. Water is the best option on fast days.

* Realise that 5:2 is a slow and steady, long term, sustainable approach. Measure your weight by looking at the numbers over the medium and long term – weeks not days.

* It works : )

Hi leannew and welcome:

Nothing new in your comment. This thread will answer your question, and more:
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Take their advice, leannew: they know what they are talking about. Watch how much you eat on non-Fast Days and you should see a result.
    Good luck.

Hello everyone.
    I am a newbie, trying to figure things out.
    are there any meal replacement bars that are truly keto friendly?

I seriously doubt it. I saw a “keto” bar in the supermarket. Read the label, it contained 55g sugar. On what planet is that keto? My wife’s low GI snack bar from one of the well known diet companies had 32% sugar content.

Eat real food and you’ll probably be better off. If you must snack then almonds are good. Or a tart apple like a granny smith.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.