Newbie 70lbs to go

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sylvestra 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi yoyoer here but I think this could change that
    I start Monday so please say hi and I need lots of help 🙂

Hi Biteofthecherry and welcome to the forum!!

Wishing you all the best on your journey, good luck on your fast monday, have your meals ready in advance so you know what you are going to have, the rest will follow 🙂

Good luck!!

Hi @biteofthecherry and welcome to 5:2

i’m assuming you have all the information you need to get going. If you haven’t already done so, it will help you to know your BMR (Basic Metabolic Rate) and your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) – if you haven’t calculated this, go to the ‘how?’ link at the top of this page and you’ll find a calculator and an explanation of why you need to know these figures. The ideal is to eat ABOVE your BMR and UP TO your TDEE on your non fast days.

You can eat WHAT you like but not HOW MUCH you like on non fast days.

How you use the 500 calories on fast days is entirely up to you. Some people like 3 small meals, some have lunch and dinner and some only a dinner of >500 cals. There is no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ way. 5:2 has to fit around YOU and your lifestyle not the other way round. So if your planned fast day isn’t convenient, if you find yourself with a meal invitation….change your fast day. It’s that simple.

there’s loads of support here on the forums and information in the ‘faq’ link.

Good luck

xx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.