Newbie – 3rd Week in and loving it

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Serenity 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi, My name is Marie, I live in the UK and am 43 years old. 3 weeks ago I weighed myself at a hefty 15st 8lbs. Like many here over the years I have tried every diet – the fady ones and the good ones. The cabbage soup diet (urgh smelly) – the british heart foundation diet (how silly) – Slimming World (this did work but I could never maintain it). So I have yo’yo’d throughout my adult life – feeling more miserable with my weight.

I picked up this book with scepticism – read the lot within a couple of hours – can’t possibly work was my first thought – how can I fast was my second.

So a couple of weeks ago my husband I started our first fast day. We fast on Tuesdays and Thursdays with our weigh in on Wednesdays. This gives us the opportunity to recover from any over-indulgences of the weekend.

Week 1 – weight loss 4lbs. Week 2 – weight loss – 3lbs. We are now in our 3rd week.

I don’t know how but it seems to be working and for me it is possibly the best way of eating I have ever come across. Fast days work well for me as I never eat much during the day. I am having a small breakfast/lunch around 11.30am with most of my calories at my main meal at 7pm. I think it is because I know I can eat whatever I want (within reason) the following day that gets me through, that and buckets full of water lol.

I have been reading some fabulous fast day recipes on this forum and will put them into action for variety.

Roll on weigh in day on Wednesday… I look forward to seeing a 14st something – hopefully lol.

Hi yorkie lass,
    I am also 3 weeks in, 3rd week just finished.
    1st week 1.2kilos off
    2nd week 1k off
    3rd week 0 off
    I should be disapointed this week but i’m not!!. I ate out 5 times and didn’t gain weight!!! Thats a massive positive in my eyes…

Hi Emlo6 – this is why I find it amazing. I had fish and chips last weekend and a copious amount of red wine lol. For you to eat out 5 times and not gain anything is fabulous – I would have probably put on 4lbs before the 5:2 days… look at me only 3 weeks in and I already feel like I’m going to eat like this for the rest of my life…

I know!!!, I was expecting to have gained everything I had lost, one of the days was lunch and dinner out!!!.
    I don’t have to many problems on fast days just miss the wine!!

Hi Newbie am now on my fourth week and have lost 9lb and even after a weekend of moderate ;-)) indulgence last weekend am feeling really positive and finding this the easiest diet to follow and also a bonus that it’s having a good effect on my general health. I have 4stone to lose but actually feel that this time I can do it. It’s great to see how others are doing and keeps me inspired. I have been dieting on and off for best part of 15 years!!!! Good luck to you all.

Hi Yorkielass43, I am also new to this..and have around 5 stone to lose. Reading your post…we have pretty much the same background, with every fad diet going….! I too read the book before committing to trying it. I have also just downloaded the skinny 5:2 slow cooker meals book…..so many great menu’s with the calories all worked out for different meals.
    My fast days will also be Tuesday and Thursday.
    Good luck with your new eating regime.
    Kathleen 🙂

Hi. Another newbie here. Looking forward to trying this again, as did it for 2 weeks (lost 3lb) but last week husband home on holiday, so may have overindulged a little! Finally feel I don’t need to give up, so will get back on track tomorrow or Tuesday. Actually feel I am enjoying my meals more – I’m sure they taste better! 🙂

Good luck everyone. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.