This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi everyone , i’m Kevin i’m going to try this diet after the hols properly,will try the 2 days off food now , i’m close to 20 stone and health is not good, have tried all sorts of diets to lose the weight, after i lose 2 stone or more i just go back to the way i was..problem is i like my food, another problem i have is fast eating, i have always done this as far as i can remember and i’m 55 now..
    i finish all my food of my plate before anyone here at home,and only feel stuffed 30 mins later, don’t know why i do it, like a robot 🙁 Hope you all have a super Xmas and will come back in the new year:)

Hi Kevin ….welcome and well done for ‘taking the plunge’ into 5:2.

My husband was like you – he ate as if the food was about to be snatched away. Thankfully, I now have him ‘trained’ 😀 – or to be more correct he realised this wasn’t going to happen and taught himself to eat more slowly and put his knife and fork down between mouthfuls. He also taught himself to listen to his body – if you eat to fast your brain doesn’t register the ‘full’ signals from your stomach.

Good luck when you start – keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

Hey Kevin!
    Maybe a weird tip, but try eating with chopsticks. It will make your bites smaller, and especially when you’re still learning how to use them you’ll eat slower.

Nika, this is actually a brilliant tip. When I went for the first time to China one person who traveled with me asked for a fork… The Chinese translator said to her either you learn how to eat with chopsticks or you will slim down! Mind you, it was 1989 and China was still a closed country and they were not very friendly to foreigners.

Alternatively, Kevin you could use a little cake fork or count how many times you chew?

I think once you become a bit more aware of how fast you eat during a meal, you might be able to consciously slow down?

Best of luck,
    Stef.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.