This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi guys,

Just starting the 5:2 Diet soon, I’m a 5 foot 10 guy in my mid twenties and I’m 86kgs.. which leaves my BMI at 27.3.

I do not look particularly overweight, (have a bit of muscle) but I am aware of how fat can surround the organs and lead to problems in later life.

I eat terribly bad food, total sugar addict, my will towards sugar is very weak and well I’d like to be skinnier and healthier before I get any worse.

5:2 sounds great and I am very encouraged by everyone’s stories and experiences

Anyway just introducing myself/saying hi!

Brandon

Welcome Brandon and good luck with 5:2. It’s great that you are thinking about a healthy approach to eating when you are so young – it should mean by the time you get to middle age you shouldn’t have any problems.
    Hopefully you will find this way of eating will be a help re the sugar cravings. On fast days, it does seem to work best if you just have protein and veggies. Many of us have found that this then helps us resist the sugar the next day so as not to undo the good work. As you would know, the problem with sugary foods is that once you start eating them, the body thinks it wants more of them so it can be hard to stop.
    In my early days on 5:2 I did often give in to the sugar cravings on non-fast days, but I only occasionally binged. I still lost weight and fat. But with time, as I get closer to my goal weight, I am finding it easier to not give in, and overall I am eating a lot less white carbs. But I do still love chocolate!
    All the best 🙂
    Sassy

Hey Brandon!

I think it’s a good idea to start the 5:2 diet then, especially if you’re not able to stay off sugar well. Telling you to stop eating carbs would make your life a lot, lot worse 😉
    Besides the two fast days, on which you should (in my opinion) not eat sugars at all, I think it’s a good idea to think about cutting down a bit on non-fast days to. Don’t cut it out though, that’s not necessary at all! But when you start fasting and learn more about healthy, good foods, I think it’ll be a lot easier to eat healthy on non-fast days as well.

Maybe it’s an idea to replace some sweets with fruit? Oranges can be really sweet 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.