This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  PreciousBooBoo 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi I’m a total newbie, I have never joined a forum and up until 5 weeks ago I had never tried any diets. I am a woman of a certain age (46), who could do with shedding a couple of stone. I was drawn to this lifestyle for the health benefits, the weight loss is an added bonus, which is good because in 5 weeks I have lost no weight. I feel great, the fast days are not too difficult, and I have started to exercise more, so hopefully I will see the weight start to shift in the coming weeks (fingers crossed!).

Hello Stedmange – Welcome

You have probably already done this but have a fair look back at other posts and you will find any number with little or no weight loss; however you will also find that clothes are looser or fit better. Also when upping the exercise quota; muscle weighs more than fat. Other people measured themselves all over at the start; so they can chart ever decreasing inches (in old money….).

There are a fair number of posts by ‘ladies of a certain age’ giving their experiences of the 5:2 and it is so helpful because you know you are not alone if the weight isn’t dropping off quickly and easily.

Someone posted that they only got weighed once a month and this was preferable to being disappointed if the scales don’t change and you’ve tried really hard.

I’m interested in the fact that you ‘feel great’ – how did you feel before?

Hi thanks for the advice, at the moment I am weighing in at the start of each week, so I might try every 2 weeks to reduce the disappointment. I don’t know if I feel great because of the fasting or because I am taking control and doing something for me, which as a busy Mum with a full-time job is rare 😀

Hi Everyone, would you all please do me a favour and stop saying that muscle ways more than fat, it is physically impossible.
    2lb of fat is the same as 2lb of muscle it is always going to be 2lb.
    It will look better and you will feel leaner which is why you should measure your body on a regular basis but it won’t make you weigh more.
    Thank you.

Hi Pally,

You are correct that 2lbs=2lbs but I believe that what is meant is: Muscle is denser than fat. So if you put 2lbs of muscle next to 2lbs of fat, the pile of muscle would be much smaller than the pile of fat.

Quick

Yes thanks Quick, that’s why I said about measuring your body.
    It’s just one of my bugbears.

Hi Stedmange

Some people do feel great due to the fasting and giving their body a rest from all that continual digesting from eating throughout the day; whether hungry or not.

But that’s a good point; you might be feeling great because you are taking control and doing something for you. Something that will benefit all the family; if you feel better about yourself and become healthier and fitter (with heavier muscles!).

And well done for adding another ball to the ones you are keeping up in the air!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.