newbee

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sky2017 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• hi guys im new here,ive been dieting for 3 months lost 33 n half pounds so far with 100lbs to lose for christmas i have COPD and type 2 diabetes i walk about 10 miles a week please feel free to message me i’ll reply to all messages.

Hi marc and welcome here. I’m presuming you’ve been using 5:2 for those 3 months of weight loss. Congratulations on your progress. Well done!

You will find companionship and information here on the forum from all over the world. You may find a thread you relate to as well as your own here.

Good luck and enjoy the journey and the outcome,

Onwards and downwards,
    Merry
    (now maintaining and from Australia)

Hi marc and welcome:

With 5:2, or any other reasonable diet, it is hard to lose much more than one to one and a half pounds a week over time. Your initial, larger, losses include water weight which cannot be sustained over time.

On the other hand, would it be so bad if you were down 50 pounds by Christmas?

There are threads on this site that address Type 2 – it can be reversed with diet, but not easily. Just use the search function at the top of the page to find the threads.

Here are some tips that will help you with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi marc big hello.. I too am new here.. great you’ve lost much weight.. I know it can be hard but keep going , you will reach you goals.. I too have copd and my second day of fasting I felt I the cravings disappear, like the sugar that didn’t bother me either..

Its day 6 for me,, fast every 24 hours, eat around 6pm and drinks lots of water and do light workouts.. so far its going great.. I also feel emotional at times thinking about how I want to live my life or the rest of it.. I have type 2 also diagnosed 2 weeks ago and this is the first time I am taking my health seriously.. I didn’t really with my copd.. With two serious conditions well its time to change.

I wish you well and keep going.. Fasting I can say is going to save my life!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.