new to this

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cinque 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• This diet was recommended to me by my heamotologist and I am wondering how to begin and even manage to stay on track. I am not sure where to start and how it all works so am looking for some help especially with the fasting and how to go about it. I am not sure what to even eat on fasting days so am at a total loss. would appreciate some advice. thanks

I just started on the 5:2 on 8 June. Prior to that, I was following the 16:8 fast which was 16 hours of fasting and 8 hours to eat. Nothing else. No special diet or whatever required. I did this for two weeks before seeing the 5:2 diet. So now I follow the 16:8 during the five days and then do the 500 calories for two days. So far I have lost six pounds. I hope to connect with people to talk to for comments and possible answers or support. I did go on line and read most of the site for newbies and got most of my questions answered. I am 66 years old and want to loose a total of 90 pounds.

Welcome Ronniek2,
    You may find it useful to see the documentary http://documentaryheaven.com/eat-fast-and-live-longer/
    and/or get the book Dr Mosley wrote The Fast Diet. I found it in my local library.

The link above will help too.

Then just concentrate on trying your first fast day. Choose a day you think will be easy. Think about the 500 calories to eat and when might suit you best to eat them. (I just have cuppas through the day and then a big bowl of chicken and vegetable soup in the evening).

The first fast days are very much trial and error. You find out whether it is easy or tricky and how hungry you get. You find out how nice it feels the next morning when you wake up for breakfast!

Good luck! Let us know how you go!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.