New to the fold – help appreciated

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TracyJ 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi All,

Dom here.

Firstly I have always been slightly skeptical about diets and the health regime, but am willing to fully embrace this with as much guidance as possible. Just read the book and certainly feel more empowered.

I will hopefully update my finer details when I take full measurements.

But I am 25, Male, 6ft and Weight 16s3 or 103.5kg

I have a few queries which I am keen to discuss as to if this is a sensible approach. I have done a week and things went swimmingly.

Fast day – Monday / Thursday

Breakfast 8:30 am – I have one glass with water of Holland & Barrett – Pure Vitamin C Powder – this is essentially a supplement. Not sure if this has calories?

Lunch 1:00 pm – Roast Chicken Breast Slices 130G (160kcal) & Melon Grapes & Pineapple Fingers 300G (130kcal)+ bottle of coke zero.

Dinner 7:30 – 9 pm – Varies to either a chicken breast (Seasoned with S&P) and long stem steamed broccoli. Or slices of ham.

Throughout the day I drink water and roughly 4 teas (small dash of semi skimmed milk and no sugar)

This is splitting it into 3 meals – but I wanted to know if this was a feasible approach and I will likely see the benefits. I believe I am well within the 600 guidelines.

On Thursdays I play 5 aside football for 1 hour, and occasionally on Mondays, so tie in perfectly with fast days, but also keeps me busy and tires me out for an earlier night.

Is this a feasible approach?

Thanks!

Hi …your approach certainly sounds very feasible. It’s about what works for you. I have just replied to a similar question on this thread http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/1st-day-fasting-but-a-few-questions-for-the-experts/#post-25789 – which might help

xx

Thanks for that.

I guess it is a case of trial and error. I am going to target this method for a month and document a spreadsheet with daily weigh ins and averaging just to monitor over a month.

More my own experiment, and allows me to pretend I am working hard on spreadsheets at work.

Just wanted to know if there were any standout no no’s with what I posted above.

Cheers!

Hi Dom and welcome!

I agree with Sylvestra and you have a good plan there lol!

Most of us on here are doing this as way of life, and basically are fasters for life 🙂

like your spreadsheet idea lol!! good luck and keep going!

No stand out no no’s as far as I can see. Good luck with it for now and leave yourself open for making any changes hat might be needed if it doesn’t work quite perfectly for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.