New to the Fasting Diet

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  di35bha 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi there,
    I’ve generally eaten fairly healthily, following a low GI diet as my husband has been glucose intolerant, but is now diabetic, on tablets.
    However I have arthritis so often struggle with exercise, and diet alone does not help me shift the weight! My GP wants me to lose 3 stone…….
    My daughter suggested this to me so I’m currently gathering some recipe ideas and plan to start next week after we’ve been shopping.
    Here’s wishing me luck 🙂

Di from Sheffield UK

Hi Di

Very best of luck to you. I think this forum makes all the difference to me because of the support it offers. I hope you have a successful first week. Please post how you get on.

Ali

Ali43 is right. Wishing you all the best x

Hi Di (love the alliteration there)

I think this lifestyle could be the push for you, to finally start losing that weight! Just keep coming to the forums, post now and then (or not if just reading gives you enough motivation). And post your progress when you start losing! (When, not if).

Nika

Thanks everyone! I’m planning some meals for the next few weeks to get my head round it and hope to start next week. I’ll be back to report progress :-))
    Thinking positive x

Well my plans were scuppered somewhat as hubby decided we were shopping yesterday afternoon, so I quickly had to cobble together a shopping list….. However not having quite got my head round what I might eat on a fasting day, I have not got quite the right supplies in!!!
    Hopefully today I will be well under my usual cals at 532.

I had 30g albran, 125ml milk & 25g blueberries for breakfast which worked out at 225 cals which was more than I really wanted.

For dinner tonight I am having chicken & salad which I have worked out to 307 cals.

So better luck next time :-))

Well those 32 extra cals won’t cause you to gain a lb 😉 For a first week you’ve done great!
    For meal tips (there is a book by the way) you can ask @dumpling, she’s the chef around here… 😉 But to be honest I’d say just eat healthy at 500 cals. So some vegetables or salad, an egg or two or some chicken… I try to just eat veggies and a protein source on fast days, carbs make me too hungry.

Thanks Nika!
    I was really pleased, but will look into food ideas more 🙂

Hi there! I just thought I’d share my blog address because I am doing the Fast Diet too and keeping a progress report on my meal planning for a fast day. I am a foodie so I’m enjoying coming up with some delicious food for a day, sticking to the 500 calories restriction! I just thought i’d share in case you are still looking for more ideas!!!!

http://meg-made.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/lose-day-tuesday-iii.html

Good luck! xx

That’s brilliant Meg, many thanks xx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.