New to the diet, just checking in

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi Folks I’m on my first day today, yikes!! Just had porridge for breakfast and will have a huge bowl of homemade sweet potato soup for tea, can’t wait!
    I feel ok and pleased that I’ve taken the plunge, but have been thinking about food all day!
    Will try and not over indulge on the other days, but will have usual wine and crisps at weekends!
    I’m enjoying reading the forum posts, its great that everyone is so supportive.
    Thanks.
    Elaine :o)

Welcome aboard and fasting gets a lot easier the longer you are on the diet…in fact I look forward to my fast days now. Good luck Elaine 🙂

Thanks for the reply, good to know it gets easier 🙂
    How long have you been on it and how have you got on?
    Elaine

Welcome, welcome!!
    I am in my fourth week now, and while I had breakfast on my first fast, I then worked out that it is easier for me to eat later. It is now almost 4pm, and while my stomach has been growling all day (I have been rather enjoying it!!), I don’t actually feel hungry. Well, maybe I feel hungry but am finding it easy to ignore. As soon as I eat though I won’t be able to stop thinking about food. Maybe you could try having your breakfast later, or having a protein based breakfast like a vege omlet instead? Eating carbohydrate for breakfast definitely keeps my mind on food, makes me hungrier, and leaves me tired in the afternoons, but of course everyone responds differently 🙂

Good luck!!

Hi thanks for advice. I will try eggs for brekki next time, as I love eggs.
    Not sure if I can go without breakfast.
    Well done for lasting 4 wks.
    Elaine 🙂

Well, it does get easier thankfully! Having people comment on my weight loss (in particular a fellow who didn’t know I was trying) is good motivation. It’s the longest I have managed to ever stick to an improvement in my eating so I’m pretty optimistic at this stage.
    Hopefully your next fast day is a bit easier!!

Thanks everyone for welcoming me 🙂
    It will be good to see if anyone notices. I’m not going to tell folk I’m on the diet until I see some results!
    Elaine

Hey Elaine! Haha you say now that you’re not sure you can do without breakfast… just you wait 😉 I find it a lot easier to fast during the day and sleep at night, so I now have daily 22-23 hours fasts and only eat at night. And I feel fine. In the beginning it was annoying as I actually got stomach aches when I did eat, but finally my body gave up resisting and realized it felt fine!

Hi Nika you’re right I think I could get used to not having breakfast. Not always hungry first thing, its probably just a habit.

I just now saw what I posted… “sleep at night” should be “fast during the day and eat at night” of course. Oh, funny fingers you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.