New to Forum,not to fasting!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi all. Started my 5:2 journey in Aug/sept, so roughly 12 weeks, when my youngest was 2months old. Though I love how I feel when fasting and find it relatively easy, I am not losing any weight at all. I eat well on my non fast days and exercise for at least 30 min 6days a week. I have lost a couple of inches from hip and waist but that is it. Decided to try 16:8 last wk for the non fast days and have gained 3ilb, eek!! Do you think my body might be still holding onto the pregnancy fat? not breastfeeding, so would have thought it would come off a bit easier. I am in late thirties,38, 5ft 2 and starting weight 11st7 , would really like to get down to 10st.

Hi willbeslim75 and welcome to the forum 🙂
    Congrats for starting this Way Of Eating when you have such a young family, but how frustrating for you, not losing weight, and even worse, when you put on lbs 🙁
    At least you are enjoying how you feel when fasting, and losing inches – that is certainly something 🙂
    I am sorry that I don’t have any knowledge re holding on to pregnancy fat, but I am sure there are others in this forum who have.
    Have you looked at the other topics on people having trouble losing weight – a lot of suggestions made there would apply.
    Have you worked out your TDEE so that you know how much you can eat on a non-fast day? Perhaps you eat too well those days??
    Have you tried keeping a record of exactly what you have eaten – it is so easy to forget everything you have consumed, especially as a busy mum with a young family.
    Make sure you drink lots of water/black teas/etc on non-fast days as well, and check you aren’t having a biscuit with the cups of tea…
    Try a different form of exercise; try to make sure you walk at least 10000 steps a day.
    I admire all of you with young children who are following this Way Of Eating, as life is very hectic with a young family and looking after yourself is always lower down the priority list 🙁
    Don’t be too hard on yourself!
    Best wishes
    Sassy 😀

Hi Sassy!

Thank you you very much for replying. I have worked out my TDEE and probably stay just under it on the week days, but must admit I probably go over a bit on a Saturday 😉
    Fast days, i don’t eat till the evening and drink green tea and water during the day, then dinner is usually less than 500 cals, a vegetable stir fry with Quorn.
    Am puzzled as to why its not working so well for me, think I might just need to change it up a bit and maybe increase my exercise or type of exercise I do. I do remember with my other 2 children i didnt really start losing any weight till they were both around 8months and that was with less exercise and weight watchers, so maybe my body just likes to hold onto for a bit. Or at least it makes me feel better thinking that lol!

Haha well if it feels better for you to think that, just keep thinking that! ^^ About changing stuff up, maybe exercise can help – but remember that 80% of losing weight is what you eat. It sounds like you’re following all the right steps in that aspect though… Never been pregnant myself so can’t really help you with that.
    Maybe you could try cutting out the carbs for a week and see what that does, it may give you a boost into weightloss…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.