New to fasting 24 hours

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 7 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I am a yo-yo, I realize now at 50 years old, after most of my life going up and down the scale. I find eating less often very agreeable and started IF recently, using between 16/8 & 20/4 eating schedule most days. I just completed my first planned 24 hour fast and after searching on that I found this message board with all of you!!! I am eager to read what others have shared and start sharing my own experience with fasting 5:2 once I get familiar with the message boards.
    I eat healthy most of the time, however I am a baker and a grandmother, so baked goods are available on a moments notice around me 🙂
    I done a few different diets over the years and the most important thing I’ve learned is you can not eat more than you burn in calories and if you want to lose weight 😉 How to make that work for me personally is something I’ve been working on this recent slide down the scale since last May (2016) and as my weight loss started to slowdown I started to look for ways to keep it going to reach my healthy weight.
    I log my food daily and exercise most days. My main goal is good health during and after weight loss.
    Thanks for being here and sharing your experience and advice!!
    Beth

Hi, Beth — Has your diet inspired any new bread recipes, by any chance? I keep reading the ingredient lists of my favorite breads, but they seem so ominous that I am seriously considering baking my own.

@halizabeth – I started out fasting limited amounts and slowly moved to longer fasts. My first 30 hours fast was difficult but now that is easy. Right now I’m 39 hours into a fast. I find the 30 to 60 hours range much tougher than the first 30 hours. I’ve only done it a few times so far. However it seems my body is slowly learning out to deal with fasting.

I think you are on the right track. What you eat is really key. You really can’t out fast a bad diet unless you really enjoy suffering.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.