New to 5:2 OLD in other ways, diet &age :)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dido53 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• HI, I am a 62 year old fat female in Florida USA 🙂

I have over half a century of dieting experience and can quote calories/fat/fiber chapter and verse from memory. What good has that knowledge given me over the years? Well I have lost over 1000 pounds :), ok it was over many many attempts at dieting, and that is the cumulate loss. But every time, the net result was regain. My last succesful adventure was from 2002-2004, I lost 162 pounds on Weight Watchers. But alas, all but about 70 of those pounds have found their way home.

What appealed to me about this plan, after seeing it for a while was the premiss that I believe was the thing that did me in on my other attempts. That with any other plan you really need to focus on the plan 24/7/365, which by its very nature for someone who is drawn to food, and dining, and wine, and all the pleasures that brings, simply unattainable. Sure, the “plans” call it a “lifestyle” as in you have to change your lifestyle. Well that seems to be the flaw in the system. With 5:2 you DONT. In fact you dont even have to think about it 5 days a week, as long as you really nose to the grindstone, and get the fast days in and done.

So thats my appeal. That said, I have over 100 pounds to lose, and would LOVE to for the first time, lose it slow and KEEP it off. I started 5:2 officially on Thursday. Thursday and Sunday will be my fast days as those are days my husband works, and it will be easier to just deal with me, food wize for those days.

My first fast day was really relatively easy. Had yougurt with blueberries around 10 am, a green salad with tuna, rice wine, and a drizzle of olive oil, around 6pm, and an apple with 2 tsp peanut butter around 9pm. The last hour or so of the day was a tiny bit challenging, but nothing terrible.

Im going into this with an open mind, but low or no expectations. Going to give it a solid month and see where it goes.

Are there any others here who have a great deal to lose, say 75 pounds or more, and how long have you been at this, and how are the results going?

Thats my story, for now.. 🙂

Off to eat a normal, non thinking about it breakfast.

Diane

Hi Diane from another Dianne! I am a couple of years younger and I don’t have so much to lose but I believe it isn’t so much about the amount of weight you want to shift as the will to so something about it. I started the Fast diet late February and lost a stone (14lbs) by end of May. I want to lose maybe another 4lbs but am delighted with my progress so far. With me it was more the health aspects which appealed as my Father had cancer and heart problems and my Mother Alzheimer’s. As I get older, though I don’t feel old, I want to give myself the best chance of enjoying my senior years as healthily as possible. Hopefully you will experience good weight loss early on but if you don’t, and some people don’t experience much straight away, don’t give up. I felt as if I was changing from the inside out! Make sure to measure yourself all over, too, as sometimes the scales stay the same but the tape measure shows good news. So many people, myself included, find that on their ‘normal’ days their appetite has lessened and they even look forward to the fast day. I am enjoying my food more because I am not feeling guilty about eating. I am not a saint and still ‘pig out’ occasionally. But that is the beauty of this food plan. You can compensate on your fast days. Good luck and I hope your friends and family see less of you soon!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.