New Starter

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Hi I’m just starting out. I’m interested in the health benefits, improving my clarity of thought and helping my body to repair more effectively. I’ve read the book and it appears fascinating. I also would like to loose about 5 lbs.

Julie

Hi Julie I too am very interested in the health benefits of 5:2 – I like to think of my 2 special days as ” fast,repair and heal” days
    Good luck and hope you enjoy this journey

I think fasting is a great way for your body to “clean house” so to say, especially when you drink a lot of water! I myself found that now I’m fasting a lot my water intake has almost doubled just because I feel thirsty all the time.

Let us know which benefits you start noticing as you go along!

Hi that’s a really helpful way the think about the fast days. It’s my first fast day today. So here goes. Just had my breakfast.

Let us know how you did!

It went really well. I did have a Swiss Boullion drink at about 3:30 and did feel that I coudl do with some lunch at midday. But I think that was more habit than hunger. I was fairly hungry at 7pm. I felt bloated after my evening meal and woudl have been ok with a little less than I had. I drank loads- herbal teas really kept me going.
    I have lost about 1.5lbs and will do another fast day on Thursday. I’ve also put my fast days in my diary. I am out and about a lot so I do need to plan them in to soem extent.
    Thanks for your support.

Congrats on a successful first fast day Julie! I don’t think it matters as much when you do the fast days, as long as you keep the 5:2 schedule up 🙂 Or 4:3, whatever takes your fancy.

Second fast day today. I’m focussed on it being as successful as the first one.
    I am feeling positive about the outcome of this day wrt fasting.

That’s good sandjwood, I did my first fast day yesterday. Managed it ok and it feels good to get started. Hearing everyones stories is so inspiring.

Hi! I am new to the diet too, I am on my second fast day today.

For those of you on twitter, I have set up a twitter page and plan to tweet all through my weight loss journey. Feel free to follow me for tips, advice, support and to see my journey.

I will follow you back and maybe we can help each other!

@52dayfastdiet

Thanks!

Hi Mitches66, pleased to hear all is going well with your start too. My second day went pretty well to. I didn’t really feel that hungry. I am actually looking forward to me next fast day on Monday.
    The idea of ‘clean house’ and ‘heal up and repair days’ has really helped me have the right head set.

Looking forward to fast days after having just 2 is quite amazing ^^ I had it too though, but I’ve been fasting on and off for longer so I guess that helped. Feel blessed that your body is adjusting so quickly, others envy you I’m sure!

Did my third fast day yesterday (Monday). I had found the previous two fast days fine, but this one was more challenging. I think it may have been due to it being a Monday after a reasonably indulgent weekend- or might just be my system adjusting to a new regime. Any one got any suggestions. My next on is on Wednesday so thoughts would be helpful.

Julie

On my fourth day today. Lost a pound yesterday- quite surprised about that. Have a very busy day today so that should make things a bit easier than on Monday.

Being and keeping busy is very helpful during fast days to keep you distracted! Also I think it makes sense that the fast day on Monday was a bit tough, your body was all like “Yay sugars we want sugars we got sugars over the weekend now we want MORE!!”

How’d you 4th day go?

The fourth day went exceptionally well. No issues at all. I contined loosing wait the day after. So far I have lost 3lbs. I’m around 8st8lbs so this is impressive.

Just started day five. I’m on a residential course and have worked out that this will be a very busy day so it will be fine.

Julie

Awesome that you’re still losing with not so much left to lose. Keep it up!

Hey I’ve just started my 4th week – only lost cms not kgs at present but my husband tells me I look healthier; definitely feel more chipper, less bloated and sluggish. Thanks for LizzyWhizzy – I like the approach of a repair day!

With no weight loss as such I’m wondering if I have to detox & repair a bit more before the weight starts coming off?

Have only yesterday committed to drinking 2 litres of water per day (otherwise I’m a shocker for forgetting it) and am hoping that makes a difference too. I have a gland up above my neck and am thinking its my lymphatic system starting to kick in??

Hihi I read your other topic, the water increase did it, didn’t it? 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply.