New Mum, New Diet

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sukipear 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi everyone! I’m 28 and had my first baby, a beautiful boy, in July last year. Although I can just about squeeze in to my old jeans, my body shape seems to have changed so that fat is in different places- my bust has changed, I’m carrying weight around my tummy and my hips are just ginormous!

I tried slimming world but logistically getting to meetings was too much harder work with a little one. I can’t even remember how I came across 5.2, but I downloaded the book on the weekend, and had my first fast day yesterday (Monday). I thought it would be hard but it was actually ok, I don’t think I drank enough though!

I was attracted to this diet because it doesn’t involve counting points, and because some days it actually suits me not to eat too much- especially as little one is teething right now!

Please let me know if you have started this diet post baby and how you’ve got on/are finding it?

X

Hello, I started this diet in June last year when my daughter was about 18 months old. I lost a lot of the baby weight fairly quickly (thank-you breastfeeding!) but the weight loss seemed to stop after a while and I felt podgy even though I was back in my pre-pregnancy clothes and, like you, felt that my body shape had changed.

The 5:2 diet has really worked for me. I have lost 20lb so far despite giving myself the odd week off (moving house, Christmas etc). The weight loss has been slow but steady and I feel confident that I’ll keep it off. I haven’t been particularly careful with what I eat on my non fasting days although I do have a fairly healthy diet generally anyway. I still allow myself a takeaway on a Friday night and cake/chocolate if I feel like it. I’ve had weeks where I haven’t lost anything but the overall trend keeps moving down and, most of the time, I find the diet really easy to stick to. So much easier to just restrict myself two days a week rather than trying to be good all the time! I’m only 5lb from my goal weight now so really pleased.

Glad your first fast day went well but do be sure to drink plenty. Good luck! Hope it works for you. 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.