New Moon Rising

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  JoolsB55 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• I lost weight, reached target, then some and all was good. My relationship ended and my heart was broken, so the weight fell off even more. Every cloud, right? Now that I’m putting my life back together, some weight has crept back on. My over-riding concern is about health and NOT turning into my mother. So the health benefits blew me away. I’m in…
    So my book arrived yesterday and when I read about Buddhist monks fasting at both the New and Full Moon, I knew I had to start this tomorrow – January 1. I know, such a clichΓ©, but the New Moon was the clincher. This feels so right!

hi Jools

I am very sorry to hear about your relationship πŸ™ I guess we have all experienced some heartbreak in our lives, but you sound as if you are bouncing back, and what better way to start anew with 5.2!!

wishing you all the best for your fast tomorrow, and a very happy fab new year to you πŸ™‚

Angie x

Thank you, Angie – I had so thought it was THE one (3rd time lucky!), too! Epic fail. However, bumping into him on Sunday showed he hadn’t moved on (in any way apparent to me) so it really gave me an opportunity to reflect on what I had achieved in that same time. Which is loads. So… onwards and upwards! I celebrated my witchy New Year at Samhain (Hallowe’en)but every turn of the wheel of the year brings something new so I’m very excited. Have you been using the plan for a while? How’s it working for you? Have a wonderful Hogmanay and very fruitful, abundant, joyous 2014 too πŸ™‚ Love and light,
    Jools x

Hi Jools, are you a wicca? It seem like so in your text. It makes me currious. I want to know more about that without connecting to a circle, but here it is difficult to find someone who will teach me some thing without the connection. But thats bnot your point of being here right? I wish you well with following the diet!!
    I hope you have a great new year!!

hi Jools and thanks for your message!

THE one will come along, am sure of that, sometimes when you least expect it πŸ™‚
    you have a very positive attitude and that’s lovely to see πŸ™‚ the plan has gone well for me so far, been on it since July and have lost just under 10 lbs, I am in a kind of a plateau at mo but not too worried, this WOL is very gradual, and I know I will be doing this forever lol!!

Happy joyous new year to you too!!

Angie xx

Hi Jools, WELCOME!! I think you will love this way of life. a great way to nurture yourself after a bad time in your life. I suspect the waxing moon and this way of life will increase your control of and enjoyment of food.

I’m finding since starting the end of July, I generally only eat when hungry, can eat less and be satisfied, and really enjoy what I eat. I’ve lost 22 lbs and am feeling really good about the changes. You can do this!! be good to yourself and enjoy your fasts. keep us posted. Phyllis

Hi Joolsb55

I’ve just been welcoming you to our LOACA thread!

I was attracted however to your thread title. I love anything to do with the moon; so checked it out and here you are!

I’d love to know what a hedge-witch is?
    And what an absolutely perfect day to start the rest of your life! Just wait until you are slimmer and more gorgeous than ever; won’t that just show your ex?!

It’s the very best way to get over a relationship.
    Good Luck

Haha I think a lot of people fear turning into their mothers… Even me πŸ˜‰
    Anyway, welcome Jool!

No, I’m not Wiccan, I don’t do organised religion or hierarchy! Hedgewitcges are usually sole practitioners – as my closest friends are too, we tend to get together regularly for a circle to celebrate the divine feminine, raise energy ir cast some spells, usually Full Moon, also the other important dates like the solstices, equinox, the quarter and cross quarter days… What’s not to love about having some magick in your life? Very beautiful way of life. You don’t need a group – do what you will, let it harm none <3

I’ve just weighted myself on Day 4, after 2 fast days – 8lbs off!! I’m feeling great, thank you for all your encouragement. Hedgewitches live in and respect Nature and are often healers (I am), we walk lightly on Mother Earth and work in harmony with Mother Nature. Wikipedia has a great summary! I also like the terms Green Witch and Kitchen Witch – I’m a blend of all three, really! Blessed be xxx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.