New in the US

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KimInColorado 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I started today! I lost 60 lbs 2 years ago on a similar plan. I ate 1000 cal/day during the week and normally on the weekends. Recently my weight has been creeping up (maybe because my weekends got longer!) I decided this plan may be easier for the long haul. Although I haven’t read through all the blogs, I could find nothing about the use of sugar substitutes (Equal, etc). Also, what are the feelings about diet soda? I don’t drink coffee but get my caffeine from Diet Coke. Any comments would be appreciated.

Hi,

I drink Diet coke on fast days but only one can a week two if Im really struggling. I also leave it until I really really think I have to have a can to take the edge off as I have found that hunger passes within an hour for me.

Other than that I drink alot of water and black tea.

Hi gbird,

There have been several studies done that show that artificial sweeteners can actually make you hungrier! (I think it has to do with it’s effect on insulin levels). Maybe try green/black tea if you are needing some caffeine.

Best wishes!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.