New here with just 2 fasts under my belt

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Essjcee 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• My first time to this sight. I am new to the diet have finished 2 fasts so far. Tomorrow will be my 3rd time. The first day was not as hard as I thought it would have been. I did feel quite hungry around 3 in the afternoon. I only eat once a day and really enjoy my meal when I get to eat.
    I am looking forward to hearing how others are doing and what I can look forward to or not while I watch the pounds drop off.
    Feeling good about this but am still a little nervous about how to eat and exercise. Looking for any info you can give me.

hi there Poofanditsgone (brilliant name that lol!)

welcome to this forum, I am new here too, but have been doing 5.2 since July, well done on doing your 2 fasts!
    and I really admire you for eating once a day, I cant do it 🙁 don’t be nervous, you will get used to this way of life eventually, and as for exercise I am sure others will advise you better than I can, I walk around 1 hour each day with my dogs and do some short routine at home too, but I did notice that with exercise the weight can creep up because of muscle gain… I used to do much more and as I started 5.2 the pounds fell off 🙂 its been a slow process for me, I have lost just over 8 lbs so far, my starting weight was 9.13 and now its 9.5, I am only 5.2 in tall lol so ideally I would like to loose that remaining 5 lbs!!

anyway good luck on your journey, you are not alone and am sure you will be just fine, happy fasting!!

Angie x

Hello poofanditsgone

I also love your username!

Welcome to the fast diet forum

Have a look back at lots of other posts; there is tons of information already been given.

Good luck

Hey Poof! About the exercise, people tend to do different things. HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is a very good exercise method and I believe many people around here use it.
    I myself exercised at the end of my 22 hour fasts (I do those daily) to maximize fat burning. If you do cardio however, exercising on an empty stomach like that may be a bit of a drain. Eat some protein before your workout then, it can help.

Anyway, if you need any more specific info, don’t hesitate to ask!

Hi poofanditsgone,

Like you I had some concerns regarding mixing exercise with this diet and what to do on fast days. So far I have been surprised at how much energy I have on the fast days. I only eat once on a fast day as I find once I have something to eat I want more. On non fast days I just exercise normally (run, cycle or walk) and on fast days I do about half an hour gentle exercise before my meal, I think I could do more but that’s what I’ve done so far.

I’m into my 4th week now though Christmas week fasting was not so drastic as it should be, I knew I would never be able to stick to 600 calories fast days on that week! On the first week I didn’t lose as much as I expected but that was because I ate too much on the non fast days. 2nd week was great I lost a couple of pounds, fingers crossed this week will be the same.

Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.