New here. Hello !

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  davidacross 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I didn’t know this site existed until today ! It will be interesting and helpful to hear other people’s experiences.

I attempted another half hearted diet in February after changing doctors and getting a few blunt warnings about where my health was heading – Obese class 2 , blood pressure ,blood sugar and cholesterol all at the upper limits of normal. His solution was to lose 5 stone (70lbs) in a year………ok then !

After an all inc. Holiday in March I bought some new super accurate weight watchers scales and found I weighed in at 240 lbs .I’m 5ft 9″.

I started the 5:2 the day after. It’s been 9 months now and I’m down to 186 lbs. I will return to the doctor at the 1 year mark in about 6 weeks. I.m hoping to be past the 4 stone mark by then. This has become a way of life for me…..and at 48 , changed my life.

Well done David both on the weight loss and finding the forum 😛
    I am sure you will reach that 4stone target with the help and support you will find here.
    yes you are right it is a way of life not just a diet, hopefully you can get your bloods done again and see some really positive results there too 🙂

Welcome David!!!! so glad you found this way of life!! whoo hoo on the weight loss!!!!! I’m anxious to hear about your doctors shock when you go in. LOL. I’m sure he isn’t used to people actually doing what he suggests.:) please come back and share. Phyllis

Hello well done David a fantastic weight loss. I have been fasting since the beginning of August and have lost over 40 lbs. I still have a way to go but am happy that with my new way of eating will get there. I have mini targets with the ultimate aim of being near my ideal weight by the summer. I have dropped 2 dress sizes and lost inches all over. My old body is remerging!
    let us know what the GP says in 6 weeks. Elaine

Yeeaah, we all wanna know what the GP says! Take pictures!!!

Thanks for the replies. I’ll post more details of my experiences in the other sections of this amazing forum.

Good to be here !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.