New because we have reached a Plateau and need some advice

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
New because we have reached a Plateau and need some advice

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Beavergong 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• We have been fasting since February and have gradually lost 16 pounds each but have reached a plateau. This may be that we fast Monday and Tuesday, so next week I’m going to change to Monday and Wednesday to see if this can make a difference. We do not eat processed food or ready made meals. Last night we ate broad beans, peas and french beans from the garden with some pasta. perhaps we are now eating our own veg the weight might start disappearing again.

Marion
    My husband and I started 5:2 on Feb 20 so we may have something in common. He has now lost 24 lbs and I have lost 21lbs. We fast generally Tuesday and Thursdays but we do change our days for social events.
    I too have plateaued gone from 20 to 21 and back to 20 lb lost but I’m glad to say I lost .2 lb more last week. This has been going on for more than a month whilst the frustration has missed Mr B who continues to lose at a lb a week or more.
    I’m on thyroxine and the doctor reduced my dose about 2 months ago and I’ve noticed my metabolism has definitely slowed down. So I now eat prunes ……. And take psyllium on fast days with some recent success.
    Still to the positives like you I have lost 21lb my cholesterol has gone from 5.9 to 4. My liver function has increased by 100% and I do feel better.
    I try to eat something from the garden most days. At the moment it’s lettuce and spinach. On fast days we eat vege soup and fish and veg and eggs.
    I too like to hear from others on the diet for 6 months or so and whose weight loss has slowed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.