New and Struggling

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jeanius 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi y’all!

I’ve done almost 4 weeks, lost 4lb in the first & was heartily impressed. Since then I’ve lost no weight whatsoever. I suffer from acid on my fast days & have noticed the condition of my skin is poor and becoming quite spotty on my face. I really want to stick with this as I do find it easy on my fast days but in light of the above, I am struggling. What makes it worse is my husband settled straight in to it 3 weeks ago & has lost 7lb. Neither of us are obese but could both probably do with shifting 1 stone each. Clearly I’m doing something wrong – can anyone assist please? With thanks & best wishes.

I know you have completed 4 weeks and thats great but you do need to let your body settle into it.Don’t forget during your fast days you are detoxing and you have to remember everyone is different. Let your body be,give it time and listen to it, keep hydrated and don’t give up you are doing great. Remember its not all about losing weight its also about being healthy.

Hello, Patchy – I agree with Maxwell. Don’t doubt yourself but just hang-on-in-there. My guess is that the spots are a very positive sign of your system clearing out gunk, as you give it a chance to rest and repair and become healthier.
    My impression on the forum is that, generally, more men do seem to settle-in to the 5:2 approach more readily than many women, who have female things like a monthly hormonal cycle and water-retention to contend with, even after menopause. Also, – shoot me down in flames here, chaps – it is still women who, when in mixed-sex couples, tend to spend more time involved with food (planning it, buying it, preparing it, offering it to loved ones, clearing it away, etc). I think it would be no surprise if male and female attitudes to – and levels of focus on – eating food were markedly different and more complex for females as a result.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.