Nervous newbie

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Feeling excited and nervous. Been reading through all interesting info and tips. One question though. On a fast day can I measure out an amount if milk and use it for tea during the day? Obviously coming out of my 500 calories.

Hi Stef and welcome 🙂

Glad to hear you are exploring the forum – there’s lots of useful info here, as you have already found.

It’s fine to use some of your calories for milk in tea on your fast day – you are in good company with quite a few others!

If you can get used to black tea though, or herbal teas, then that can help with hunger pangs and is probably more interesting to drink than just water.

Best wishes 😀
    Sassy

Hi Stef

Welcome to the fast diet forum.

Good luck with the eating regime – tea and all

Hi Stef I’m sure you can have a splash of milk in your tea without worrying.
    Also try herbal teas, peppermint is really refreshing. I also like sparkling water with a slice of lime in it.
    All the best. it feels good to get started 🙂

Hi, Stef
    The great thing about 5:2 is that you can have anything you want – just don’t exceed 500 cals (or a quarter of your TDEE but working with that first off is probably a bit too keen for a new starter!) on a fasting day. Have a look at this thread :
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/a-bit-of-confusion/
    If you have a look at my postings (disregard my original posting!) you’ll see that I’ve included links to an Excel spreadsheet which makes it easy to track actual – or planned – calories. The later postings deal with how to proceed if you haven’t got Office 2010.
    If you look on the ‘Reference’ worksheet, you’ll see an entry for ‘Tea with S/Sk milk”. That’s for tea with one tablespoon of semi skimmed milk because my wife and I can’t get used to black tea/coffee. So we have tea with (a measured amount of) milk and just take it out of our allowance. Don’t forget to read the manual before using the spreadsheet!
    Starting out on a way of life which involves ‘not eating’ for the best part of a day (not actually true if you don’t want to make that long a break in eating) can be scary, because we’ve been conditioned to eat and expect to eat three meals a day. As many many postings on this forum will show, people find that, actually, a lot of it is habit, and for my wife and me, we find it’s not a problem to go without lunch. I also believe that it’s good to get some protein in the fast day food because it helps to keep that ‘full’ feeling so beans play a big part in our diet; pity they are quite high in calories!
    5:2 has just become a way of life for us and not a bother.
    So do remain excited and try to quell those nerves. All the best to the new you.
    Silverback

Hey Stef! Nothing to be nervous about. It’s just not eating. That’s all.

I think the others have already answered your question, so I’m just going to say good luck and keep us posted!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.