Nervous Newbie

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Fizzynoodlepot 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi
    So, today I have decided enough is enough; the flab must go!
    Pretty nervous on this journey though.
    Mainly because I worry I will feel starved for 2 days!

I’m also a newbie today, and like you enough is enough! I had an plain ommelette with black coffee about a hour ago, and have made lemon,mint & cucumber water for the fridge. I live in an extremely hot country, important to be hydrated! Just off to walk to the veg market. Good luck on your journey x

Raining here. Just having my porridge. That’s the easy part, now what do I have for lunch and dinner???

Hydration is key, wherever you live. If you don’t get enough fluid intake your body will retain water and offset any fat loss…..

On a fast day my strategy is to hold off eating as long as I can – sometimes not eating till my evening meal – and drink LOTS.

Make sure you have plenty of water to hand (I like mine fizzy since I started fasting, which is weird as I could never see the point of fizzy water), black tea, black coffee. …. Anything you can find really that you like to drink but which is low or no calorie. Depending on your meal plan you may have spare calories for tea or coffee with milk, that’s very much a personal choice if you look through the other forums. Everytime you think you may be hungry, drink something.

There are lots of useful tips in the other Newbie threads, and the more you read the more you will find everyone has their own personal tips and tricks that help them. Experiment until you find what works best for you.

Generally speaking, prioritise protein for your calories, it will fill you up better.

Some people go with calorie counted shakes or soups to start with to get them in the swing. Personally I avoid diet soups as they are just like flavoured water, but there are some high protein cup-a-soups about at around 100 calories each which are thick and quite satisfying.

Hi Fizzy,
    Not sure if you have seen an app called pinterest, if you search for 5:2 recipes there are loads of ideas for food on your fast days. I’m having chicken salad (easy on the chicken) for dinner tonight. It suits me to have a late breakfast and have dinner with the family. You’ll find your own way of what suits you.

I’ve an annoying headache, but apart from that day 1 was ok.
    I’m going to do my second fast day tomorrow to get it out the way, and I know I can keep busy in the morning, which will make things easier.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.