Nearly through my first day!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kat1703 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• So today is my first fast day (last meal was dinner yesterday) and it’s actually not that bad! Only thing I feel is a weird ’emptiness’ which kicked in at about 4pm, but it’s mild at best 🙂 Have decided that not eating solid food is the way to go for me as eating or preparing any food would be one big slippery slope! So (and I know the ingredients list isn’t great) it’s one Slim Fast shake for lunch (black coffee for breakfast) and one for dinner with lots of herbal tea/decaf black coffee in between.

Might be the novelty factor – but I really thought this first day would be absolute hell!! Would very much like something with a lot of cheese on it, but it’s not desperate as I know I can have something cheesy tomorrow 🙂

Kat, congrats on having survived your first day! It does get easier over time. We all have different approaches to our fast days and each one of us has to find out what works best.

I can’t eat anything during the day as it makes me hungrier. I eat everything in one go at dinner and I drink tons of tea during the day. I also have hot lemon water in the morning as it seems to kill hunger very well.

Best of luck
    Stef.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Stef! I might give your method a go next week, just to mix things up a bit 🙂

I know breakfast is a definite no no for me – best not to get the tastebuds going that early in the day!

Hi kat welcome to the gang,
    i to save all my cals for a good evening meal, i find it helps me sleep better, do what works best for you, thats the beauty of this plan we make it fit around our lives not the other way around, dont forget to take measurments from all over, (i say this alot) because when the scales stick thats mostly when the inch loss starts. good uck and keep us posted xx

Thanks fast for life! There’s so much good advice on this forum 🙂 I noted down a variety of measurements – weight, BMI, waist measurement and bought some scales which measure body fat. I’m not overweight (BMI is 23.68) and only want to lose a stone, so I’m pretty prepared for the weight coming off at snail pace! But as long as it comes off and I find a way to make it stay off, I’m happy with it taking a little longer 🙂

Nearly through my second fast day now! It was weird, I thought I would want to consume every food in the land for breakfast the day after my first fast day on Monday – but all I had was porridge and a banana and that was fine! Then I wasn’t actually that hungry until later after a few drinks (it was NYE after all) when I had a veggie burger and chips.

Today hasn’t been that much effort either – I find the two slim fast shakes on fast days really helps me as I don’t have to think about food at all. Definitely wouldn’t be able to do the shakes any more than that, but as it’s just one day, it’s totally fine 🙂 And to be honest, probably more nutritionally beneficial than the pasta, sauce and cheese I throw on the hob when I eat at home!

First weigh in tomorrow… My BMI is normal, so I’m not expecting a lot of change, but fingers crossed anyway for a nice surprise…

Hey kat! A bit late, but I’m budding in anyway. Good to hear your fast days are going so well! You can always keep experimenting around, every week I think “yes this is it, I’ll keep doing this for weeks” but then I find something different or better next week and just try it out. It’s all good! ^^

Good luck on losing your stone!

Thanks Nika – yes, I’m thinking about giving the all 500 calories in one go a try at some point, probably when I’m bored of the shakes, ha ha.

First weigh in today and have lost 2 lbs since Monday! A much more promising result than I expected 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.