Nearing the end of week 2

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rockyromero 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Finishing todays fast I will have completed 2 weeks of IF. Which is a total miracle for me. I barely make it past day 1 on a typical diet. Partly because I am such a picky eater, (go figure– fat and picky lol) and partly because I just simply lack the discipline and follow through. But mostly pickiness, since I wouldn’t even consider eating most foods, let alone ‘diet’ foods. So far so good with this, since I can choose what I eat as long as I stay within the boundaries of 500 calories. Funny thing though the night before fast day, I have this moment of panic. Thinking can I do this. The more I get into it the less I stress about it the night before. So far the scale is going in the right direction. Thankful for that.

Before embarking on this plan I would consider it some sort of major catastrophe if there was the possibility of me missing a meal. Who’d’ve thought that fasting was really not that big a deal after all! Hope you continue to settle into it and enjoy success, amodzel1 🙂

Thanks for the encouragement StephB. I have lost 5 pounds since week 1, I weighed myself when I started but found out what my start weight was wrong 🙁 So I am only counting from the first week, but I am so happy for the 5 lbs. I am finding it easier to go with one big meal at dinner and only a banana for breakfast. It seems a bit harder for me in the early afternoon/evening if I split the 500cals into breakfast and dinner. Also I don’t feel the itch to cheat that way. So happy the scale is finally moving in the right direction 🙂 How far along in the fasting are you? Having good success, I hope StephB.

Hi 🙂 its amazing how quickly you get in to a routine with fasting. After 5 weeks it’s just normal now – no big deal. The old saying of ‘no pain, no gain’ just does not apply! So far I have lost 5lbs fasting which has fit in nicely with this years decision to loose weight (I have my 3 stone goal very much in sight! Less than half a stone to go! :-)) I eat well and feel fantastic! No more bloating or heartburn! Good luck and enjoy! 🙂

That’s great to hear tickatape. 🙂

Had a rough day yesterday 🙁 Started off pretty well, but then got a bit of a stomach bug so wasn’t the best day to fast. But on the positive side checked the scale this am and lost another 1.5. I love that even if I have a day like yesterday I can simply adjust my fast day. I don’t feel like I have fallen of the proverbial wagon and might as well give up. I am able to simply adjust and move on. That has NEVER EVER happened to me before. I always just make a mistake and give up. So happy I finally have a diet I can live with. 🙂

@amodzel1
    “That has NEVER EVER happened to me before. …So happy I finally have a diet I can live with. ”

This is very positive.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.