My last hope!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MountainMyst 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi I am brand new here 🙂
    I am desperate to lose weight after trying everything! I have a lot to lose but I have a few health conditions holding me back and it takes me a while to lose it which can be very discouraging.
    I have been fasting one day a week (liquids only) for the past 4 weeks and haven’t seen any change yet. I am now going to do 5:2 with 500 calories on the fast days. Hoping this is the last “diet” I ever try.
    It’s only 10am on my first day but I’m feeling optimistic!
    Good luck to everyone else starting out 🙂
    Harri

I am new to posting but I have been 2:5 for 4 months and have lost 11kg. On fast days, while I drink lots of black coffee and green tea I also eat. I make a mini omelette with 1egg and spinach or asparagus or even (frozen) blue berries for breakfast. I have salads, with chicken or turkey or fish, fresh fruit salad, frittata made with eggs and various vegetables and also homemade soups. Tonight for dinner, a fast day, I am trying vegetarian curry for the first time. I think it’s too hard to sustain a liquid diet fast day, one slurp and it’s gone. At least celery takes time to chew! My weight has come off in fits and starts Some weeks I lose nothing but this week post Xmas day I have lost 2 kg! And yes I ate and drank on Xmas day. When hungry and I am still, I have a cup of tea or coffee or sometimes a diet soft drink as the bubbles are filling. I tried ” protein” and diet shakes when I first started fasting and even added frozen berries to make them more interesting but I have found little serves of real but low cal food gets me through until the next day. Keep at it even if you blow a fast day you can always fast the next day instead. It’s your schedule no one else’s
    Cheers Heleoz

Thanks for your encouragement 🙂
    I’m just eating soup today and drinking coffee but frittata also sounds good!

Hope your veg curry is nice tonight!
    Harri

Good luck with this, I skip breakfast and have a 100 cal yoghurt at 12/1 then eggs for dinner sbout 6:30. Lots of calorie free drinks during the day.
    I lost 8lbs in the firrst 6 weeks 🙂
    Christmas has been a holiday but I’m starting today knowing it works and if I want another mince pie (unlikely! ) I can have one tomorrow 😀
    Xxx

This is awesome I’m starting my fast day 2mro I’m pretty excited ATM my fast days are Tuesday an Thursday but I love how I can change up the days I can’t wait to get some results

Hi Harri, welcome!!! you can do this! I would suggest eating real food instead of drinking diet things. its more filling and generally less expensive to boot. 😉 however, you will find what works best for you. read the forum and others stories, you can pick up some great tips. good luck and keep us posted on how you get on. 🙂 Phyllis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.