My first post for 5:2 friends

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sivasankar 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi everybody! I’ve enjoyed reading your posts for a while now, and decided it was time to chime in. I’m a 52-year-old guy in the U.S., 5’9″ (175 cm), currently 177 lbs. (80.5 kg), and started practicing 5:2 in April 2013 after seeing Dr. Mosley on television and reading his book. Since then I’ve lost 20 lbs. (9 kg) and 3.25 inches (8.3 cm) on my waist. My average loss of 1.3 lbs. per week won’t set any records, but I’m happy with it.

The deciding factor to try the 5:2 strategy was Dr. Mosley’s claim that three months of 5:2 gave him the same improvements in his blood work that he got from a real fast of three or four days. I’m due for a cholesterol test in September and hope to see a reduction from my previous test, which was a total of 236.

I measure my weight and waist once a week, which is just right for me, since it keeps me apprised of my progress, but I’m neither encouraged nor discouraged by daily fluctuations.

Counting calories (for fast days) was a new experience for me, but now I’m used to it. Had to get a kitchen scale! Although I neither count calories nor go hungry on non-fast days, I rarely overeat, because these days I’m satisfied with smaller portions, and I usually stop eating before I feel full. The way I eat on non-fast days has a big impact on my progress.

I haven’t had any problem with headaches during fast days, but I find that in the evening I feel tired and a bit weak, and want to go to bed early.

My upcoming milestones are getting my BMI under 25 (9 lbs. / 4 kg to go) and getting my waist to one half my height (3.25 inches / 8.3 cm to go).

I don’t know at this point what my target weight is, but I think it will be whatever I weigh when there’s no more excess fat around my waist. Haven’t been there since I was a teenager!

Good luck in your fasting!

I liked your post & attitude.

My target long term is longevity.

My short term target is to stop snoring.

I don’t know yet which will come first.

WOW, I am just starting 5:2 tomorrow and your story so far is fantastic. You’ve stuck with it and got wonderful results. Congratulations to you and keep up the great work.

Great to hear your story, jambuster7! Good luck with your milestones 🙂

Good luck jambuster7.

I can vouch for drop in cholesterol as I saw after 2 months of IF. Same for one my colleagues who was really surprised as he was only fasting for about 4 weeks and saw a huge drop.

Just stay motivated and you will do fine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.