My first day too!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  nomoreyoyo 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Hello all. My first day almost complete – very much looking forward to my meal in an hour or so. Decided not to have breakfast as I find that once I eat something I just want to carry on. I had a tiny piece of roast beef earlier, but that’s it. Tea, coffee and water have kept me going, in fact I’ve definitely felt thirsty more than hungry – thank goodness! I’ve watched some colleagues do brilliantly on this programme and, at 56, I need to find a long-term solution to my health and weight issues. I realise that I have to DO it, not just read about it and finding this forum has really encouraged me. I shall keep in touch and watch everyone with interest, offering support if I can. Good luck all – here’s to better health and long-term weight management!

Been doing 5:2 since August 2012 62yearsold, heart attack, stent, pacemaker 2 years ago.lost 3 stone, jog 3 miles most days(10 minute miles), sometimes 8 miles. regularly told how well I look.Currently at ideal BMI for my height 6ft 1.5in, dont eat much on fast days, greedy bugger the rest of the time (always have been!)I do get a bit grumpy towards the end of fast days and can be a bit food obsesive (grazing).Well pleased, many thanks Michael

Hello.
    Almost finished my first day. Not too bad … the hardest bit for me was mid afternoon. Kept drinking the water & black coffee & am almost there. I have wasted many years yo yo dieting and am hoping this will be a positive change of direction. Good luck everyone!

Well done Michael, impressive! And I love your name nomoreyoyo – it could have been mine!

Today is my second fast day and I am really enjoying what I am eating 🙂 good luck

So inspiring, greedybugger — thanks for sharing!

Hi Jag 23
    Think Michael is “Greedybugger” & I’m nomoreyoyo!!:-)at least I hope so!
    How are you getting on? I’ve done my 2nd fast & got through it fine.
    I climb the walls about 4pm & just keep going with coffee, tea etc. I weighed today and am down 3lbs 🙂 but I do this so many times & as soon as I eat it goes back on again… so I will be glad when I have a few weeks under my belt to see the weight stay off. Its a normal day today & I’ve not made any move to eat yet … but I will 🙂
    I hope this works – there are so many positive comments on here.
    Good luck to you! Lynda

Ps … am also a greedy bugger! Great name Michael! 🙂 & good luck!

Just had breakfast on my eat day & think I’ve screwed up. The emphasis on 5:2 is eating normal on non-fast days, however I haven’t eaten “normal” for a long time. I’m always on some sort of diet. My breakfast is normally 1 pc of toast (small brown loaf), no spread & 2 poached eggs. So …. this morning I thought I would have 2 pieces of normal sized toast, clover and 2 large eggs. This was a lot & came to 602 cals on myfitnesspal!!! I know breakfast should be around 300. I can see I’ve made a mistake here. I’m only 5ft – that’s too much for me (I can certainly put it away!!) 🙂 having said that I didn’t really enjoy it & won’t have lunch.
    Would appreciate some feedback from someone who has been doing this a while … thanks 🙂

We raise our own poultry so gorgeous fresh eggs are in abundance. I used to have sourdough toast, butter and two boiled eggs for breakfast (all within my 2000 cal daily allowance, no problem), but after 2 months on 5:2 I find that one egg and buttered toast is enough – so I definitely feel satisfied on less. Not sure what your TDEE is at 5ft, but I don’t think you’ve blown it at all – work out your calorie limit for the day and work with it, and yes, you may want to have a smaller lunch than usual. there will be plenty of others on the forum who say don’t worry, don’t count your cals on a non-fast day, but we all find our way differently, you just have to work out what is good for you. Best of luck.

Thanks Humphrey. I guess this first week it’s a bit of a novelty knowing I can eat “normal” …I had water melon for lunch & just had some ice cream and baked fish for dinner, plus a glass of wine. Still under 1500 cals though. I felt quite good after the fasting …knowing I had got through it! You’ve done this for a while – so it’s working for you? I am a little concerned that the 3lb off will go back on & off again each week … time will tell!:-) I am sticking with it. Thanks for the advice.

Hi Lynne – I did mean your name, although Greedybugger would also fit very well! Second day went well- in fact I felt a bit sick after my meal at night. I share all the same doubts and worries that you do – will it work fr me (nothing else has, apart from lighter life but once I started eating again I list control). I really, really want this to be my successful way of life for always. I’m desecrate to shift the excess weight yet know I need to be in this one for the long haul. Good luck!

My first day is tomorrow. Was given the book as a gift this evening. Been reading how most people are feeling great and losing weight. Fingers crossed and two stone to go.

Hi Jag23
    I also did Lighter Life about 3 yrs ago, lost 3 stone, felt great but went mad & put 4 back on! Have had a real unhealthy relationship with food for so long I don’t even know what “normal” eating is .. I am always watching what I eat! I’ve had the 5:2 book for a while and didn’t want to start yet another diet, but there’s so much positive feedback around about 5:2 so I am hoping its a different direction for me. I’ve now done 2 fast days and while its hard at the time, I feel good knowing I’ve banked away those cals! I think I do need to be sensible on my off days, but its a bit of a novelty at the mo … ice cream tonight, but just a normal portion lol!
    I really want this to work too. I’ve wasted too many years dieting. Good luck & keep in touch! Good luck also to Teddylegs! Let us know how you get on 🙂 Lynn

This works. 4lb loss so far for 2 days dieting a week … amazing …am on 1st fast of 2nd week.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply.