My fasting success, thus far

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bjacobs28377 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I saw Dr. Moseley’s fabulous documentary right around the end of November- which is Thanksgiving time here in the US- and of course marks the beginning of the holidays with lots and lots of feasting. I was inspired to begin fasting right then and there directly after watching the show.

I have been very overweight for many, many years. Had lost considerable weight on a restricted calorie diet about 20 years before this past Nov, but found that it was impossible to maintain that degree of discipline and have to be on such a restrictive “diet” for the rest of my days. I regained the weight plus some, and had basically given up on ever trying to lose weight again.

So, freshly inspired to try to lose weight by Dr. Moseley in November 2012, I decided that I would do pretty much alternate day fasting for a while. I dropped about 33 pounds during the holidays and on into the spring, even while working at a job as a cook. Got a bit stressed out with the addition of a second part time job which required that I do considerable driving and also interviewing people most days of the week. Found that I was having trouble keeping to the alternate day fasting at that point, and I plateaued in my weight loss, but even so, I didn’t GAIN any weight back!!! I realize now that I should have switched to the 5:2 which would have been much easier to maintain during that high stress time.

So, I am re-inspired and getting back on track here as I write. I am also reading “The Fast Diet” for the first time and am really enjoying the info and tips. I am having a fast day today- tea only until my 500 calorie supper tonight, which I know works well for me.

I know smoothies are not recommended, but I also have had great success using very low fat, low calorie “green smoothies” to sip on in addition to the tea sometimes. Here’s one I make frequently: 1 apple (with peel), 1- 2 cups chopped celery, 1/2 inch ginger root, stevia to taste and 2 cups water. The entire drink adds up to less than 100 calories, and is very tasty and satisfying to sip on from time to time during a fast day.

I am absolutely delighted with how flexible fasting is, and how much better I feel doing it. I had been experiencing some frightening edema in my legs and ankles before beginning fasting, and it is GONE. I am much more energetic, too- I actually FEEL like getting exercise. I have had to buy new clothes 2 sizes smaller, too. Thanks for bringing this vital topic people’s attention. It’s truly revolutionary!!! 🙂

Now onto tackling the NEXT 30 pounds!!!

I also have tried a lot of other promising diets before I worked the 5:2 CR Fast Diet.

I have lost over 30 pounds. I am trying to lose another 20 pounds so that I can get to my recommended weight for my height and frame. I am a male with a large frame and found that the standard BMI measures are not fair to me.

The Fast Diet works well for me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.