Moving countries

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hello! I am new to this site, but have been following the 5:2 since September with my husband . I was not overweight or fat, but mid range weight for height and bmi. I wanted to be down the low end of both. We were living in Italy (land of luscious gelato, amongst other things) when we began and moved back to Australia in mid November. By this time my husband had lost 10 kg and I think about 6 kg for me- I have no scales, but am down 2 sizes in jeans and all my clothes are loose. Very exciting!
    Since we have returned, neither of us has lost any more weight, visually or in a clothes sense. There is not a great deal of difference in what we eat here or in Italy, and think our static position is due to less exercise. Though we both exercise in Australia – swimming, running -Italy we were riding our bicycles most days for at least an hour or more. We think we drive more here, as cycling is not as much fun, with over regulated requirement to wear a helmet, not necessary except in Australia or NZ,

Has anyone experienced anything similar in moving countries? We would both like to shed around another 2-3 kg.

Welcome Vitality,

It might just be that you have reached a plateau. Quite a few people seem to report that they lose weight until the weightloss stops for a while before losing weight again.

You might want to shake things up a bit by perhaps trying 4:3 for a couple of weeks? You are also saying that you are biking less, which might have to do with it? I assume that you have recalculated your new TDE and you stick to it on your non-fast days?

All the best
    Stef.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.