Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,251 through 3,300 (of 5,077 total)

• Hello Ras.. nice to e-meet you and welcome to our group.
    Cinque and Sherry.. you are word-painters, both of you! I feel like I have traveled to Hawaii and Australia in the space of a few minutes.
    Tai Chi.. I have always wanted to try it out.. where to find the time to do all the things we want to do?
    I am not fasting today and will leave that for tomorrow. Today, I will meet with a friend for lunch and another for dinner.. not a good day for fasting.

Salma

Good Morning!

Enjoying a leisurely morning. Woke with a headache, so it’s a good day to take off from boot camp. The headache is probably due to the weather, as it’s rainy today.

Sure sounds lovely where you are Sherry. I know Hawaii is beautiful and a magical place.

Cinque, your flat sounds perfect for you. You have just what you need and lovely neighbors too.

I live in a Federal style red brick farmhouse that was built for my husband’s great-great grandparents when they married in 1852. The house has been in the family since it was built and I feel honored to be carrying on the tradition. It is situated along a river. I could throw a stone from my front porch into the river, although it would have to be a good throw as the road and a set of railroad tracks are between the house and the river…still quite close. The river is called The Susquehanna. It is an Indian name, but have no idea what it means. This area was inhabited by Indians for years and my husband has a collection of arrow heads that he found as a boy living here. We have a lovely big yard to the side and to the back of the house. Also, we have the original barn and another out building still standing that was for the pigs. We also have nice flower gardens to the side and back that my husband always has looking beautiful in the Spring and Summer. I can see the back flower garden from my kitchen windows as well as our bird feeder. I think we spend more money on feeding birds, squirrels and deer than we do ourselves! My husband has a deer feeder out by the barn and we enjoy watching them. Sometimes we have as many as 6 or 8 deer at a time coming for their treat of corn kernels. I especially love it when the Mamas bring the babies to eat. They usually have twins and it is darling. So…a lot of history in this old house. I’m not sure who will live here next, perhaps one of our grandsons. So…that was probably more than you wanted to know, but there it is. πŸ˜‰

No fasting for me today. I go to get my hair cut after work, so that means a lovely glass of wine will be handed to me. I’ll eat a small snack at work before heading to the salon. Don’t want to have the wine on an empty stomach!

Have a lovely day everyone!

Hello!

Quick post but I made it on again today. Yay!!

I’ll have to do a real word picture of where we live later–we’re in the Appalachians and it’s lovely here in many ways. Not so in others, haha.

Welcome to the group, Ras! I’ve had good luck with this and bet you will, too. By good luck I mean moving slowly in the right direction rather than inching up year by year. I also believe ten pounds a year is fabulous!! At that rate I’ll be in the healthy zone by the end of the year pretty much….

Cinque, enjoyed your word picture!!!

Salma, the fish sounds great! I’ll have to try it. I discovered savory oatmeal that I’m excited about.

SherryAnn, I forgot how long you are in HI?

Well, today is my day to go in the office and I need to run. Good luck everyone!!

A quick hello while I am having a cup of tea, and trying to get the house pretty tidy while I head for Sydney (all that paperwork I didn’t get done is in a case under my bed! πŸ˜‰
    I just love to come home to a tidy house, and I am almost good enough!
    A neighbour will look after Miso the cat, and I just hope it rains enough to keep my garden alive. (Neighbour is 7 months pregnant and garden needs to be watered with a watering can, so I didn’t ask for her help!).

Lori how cool to read about your house and its history. I looked up the style too! It looks great. I have read about the Susquehanna River in a favourite book of my mum’s, set in Philadelphia in 1792 (Judith by Janet Whitney). I loved the book to so I feel quite attached to the place.

I also did Tai Chi for a while, about thirty years ago! I loved it very much. Moving meditation is a wonderful description.

Fasting today! Thursday, which I think is your fast day too Salma? But the dawn hasn’t reached you yet!

Enjoy your office day CCatz! One of te good things about being in our 50’s means we are likely to be a bit (just a bit!) more philosophical about the time our bodies take to undo all the years of adding weight. I like how you say ‘inching’. Hooray to be inching down!

Ooo so much to do. I’m off like the white rabbit. See you in Sydney.

Hi all, I am going to try to be thorough and respond to as many posts as possible! I may be going back too far .. but I suppose thats okay!

Salma, I think it is wonderful that your parents are close by and that you spend all the time you do with them. Also great that you were able to do two FD’s without really trying! I have had a day or two like that and they are wonderful when they happen like that! I did send my website address, thought you could see the before and after this way … hoping to launch the new site early spring. Will definitely let you girls know πŸ™‚ and btw please don’t think I am advertising!! Just sharing what I do .. when you own your own business it becomes your whole life!
    I love the idea of fresh healthy salads right now … its that time of year when truly fresh food has been absent for far too long!
    Love your recipe and instructions for the fish. It sounds absolutely great.
    I read about your trigger finger ..salmon is anti-inflammatory in a much deeper sense. It provides the essential fatty acids our bodies need to make the “on demand” cells some of which are responsible for dealing with inflammation (our bodies own anti-inflammatories”) … and you need quite a bit of it in your diet …sounds like you do eat quite a lot of fish and keep that up!
    It seems to be something affecting your tendon and ligaments …which made me think of a couple of things … the first would be Solomons Seal. There is a company that offers a lot of good solid educational information about using Solomons Seal and probably have links to find where you could buy something to take internally as well as a salve or something to rub directly on the area. If you have a local herbalist you could get in touch to see if they make it. It isn’t as common as other plant preparations … bit of a specialty.
    solomonsseal.net is their site … hope you can find some good info there πŸ™‚

Also, I can’t say enough about hot and/or cold compresses and soaking your hand in ‘hot as you can stand it’ hot water (with salt would be even better) and switching to a ‘cold as you can stand it’ soak … repeat so you have at least three soaks in each …. holding in there about 5 minutes each … or as long as you can do it … one minute is better than none … and if you can only do a hot or a cold that is so helpful too. Up to three x a day would help considerably. Also, carry a hot water bottle around with you when you can … or an ice pack … these compresses and soaks draw the circulation to the area which does so much to heal the inflammation.
    Hope that is helpful and I will continue to think about it … if I think of anything else will surely let you know! I am also going to spend some time reading about the inflammation process of the body and will write more about that … it is great practice for me to do this, so thank you for the opportunity! Do check out the Solomons Seal … I fel it would be very helpful.

Cinque I would love to hear about any salads you have tried from your book .. that you enjoyed and would make again.
    I just finished cleaning a pile of Parsley. I love Parsley and really feel it needs to be liberated from its status as a decoration on the plate. It has more Vitamin C than citrus fruits … I like to eat it as often as I can. Whenever I make Hummus, I include a large amount of fresh parsley … like one or two cups which makes my hummus green! it is also an excellent digestive aid, which means you don’t get the gas associated with chickpeas. Great to include it fresh in any bean or pea dishes, stirred in fresh at the end before serving.

Your word picture was perfect!! My hubby is Australian ..from Perth, so it was lovely to hear about the North Wind and the four seasons in a day ..I wouldn’t have imagined that. His Mom gardens in pots too and the pictures are beautiful.Possums and bats!! oh boy! I have seen the Magpies when we facetime with his parents .. they remind me of our crows. I will write again and describe our neighbourhood and home … loved LoriPA’s description of her place!
    Enjoy your time in Sydney!

LoriPA your salmon patties sound great and so does that guacamole with salsa!!
    Love the idea of low carb eating .. am trying to do the same. Wish I was exercising more .. but have been steady with my calories and that’s good.
    Wow 10 lbs! Congratulations!! thats amazing! All your exercising must help so much…good for you! I want to hear more about the carb resistance too.
    WOW your home sounds like my dream place!!! I googled the Susquehanna River and saw some pictures … one was from Brantford county … it is so so beautiful. I want to hear more! Lovely about the deer and birds, what a dream.

SherryAnne, Wow Hawaii sounds amazing! I can’t help but feel a little jealous! I have never been there. I use an herb from there called Kava Kava… have you come across it? It’s very relaxing πŸ™‚
    Thats great that you have kids at home too … what ages are the other 3? My son is 16 and my daughter is 14. Sounds like you know what you are doing in the uti department … !
    Glad you found the tai chi class! I LOVE your word picture ..especially the flameless candles … that must have been beautiful.

Susiewoosy I wasn’t intending to advertise in any way … just sharing info on a product I use …
    I love the idea of the Med weather (and food) too although I have never experienced it … I am becoming more and more interested in living somewhere where the plants grow all year long … like Italy actually.

MinnesotaMiss congrats on your two fast days! Are you getting any of this crazy winter storm? We have freezing rain and quite a dump of snow coming today and tomorrow …school was cancelled and we are to stay off the roads if possible.

Carolinacatz, I know what you mean about hibernating … it’s a mode I slip into most winters!! I hate water retention! I seem to gain inches all over once a month … its awful .. can’t wait to hear your word picture about the Appalachians!

ok that’s it for me ladies! Wow I really must write more often to keep up to date!
    Good luck to everyone on your fast days!

Hi ladies..
    It happened again.. another post has just disappeared. I described the place I live as my contribution to the word-pictures, but it is all gone. I have written to the forum administrator to try to get my posts back. I wonder why this is happening!

In order not to bore anyone, I am not going to re-write anything I wrote before, but I want to thank Briar Rose for her advice.. it is very much appreciated, and I wanted to return the favour by describing a very Lebanese dish that has parsley as its main ingredient, and which is totally delicious to boot: Tabbouleh (and no, not your standard M&S or store-bought variety which is totally tasteless):

3/4 pound ripe plum tomatoes, very finely diced (about 3 small or 2 large tomatoes)
    2.5 cups very finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves and tender stems (about 2-3 bunches), finely chopped with a sharp knife
    salt
    1/4 cup dry coarse bulgur wheat (You can use steamed quinoa or couscous if bulgar wheat is unavailable)
    1 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves (about 1 bunch)
    2 scallions, white and light green parts only, finely chopped (or one small onion finely chpped)
    5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    fresh juice from 2 lemons (less or more according to taste.. the salad should be ‘lemony’
    Freshly ground black pepper
    Romaine lettuce leaves, for serving

chop the onions/scallions. Add salt and pepper and crush slightly – you can use a the bottom of a glass to do this – to get the liquid out and wilt the onions somewhat. Add a couple of tbsp of the olive oil and set aside. Wash the bulgar wheat in a bit of water, drain or squeeze the water out and place in a bowl. Place the finely chopped tomatoes on top of the bulgar wheat and leave for 15 minutes to allow the juice from the tomatoes to soak into the bulgar wheat. Add the onions, parsley, chopped mint, lemon and the rest of the olive oil. Mix well then adjust the lemon and salt to taste. If it tastes too ‘dry’ add olive oil. This salad uses a fair amount of olive oil and lemon so don’t be worried about adding the oil. It is good healthy stuff. Eat very soon before the freshness is lost.

If you are going to prepare it in advance, only mix the ingredients minutes before serving. The lettuce is to make the salad into a lettuce ‘sandwich, where you pile it onto the lettuce leaf and eat it like an open sandwich!

When we make this salad, we usually make a big amount as it is very more-ish. It is not unusual to chop 6 or 8 large bunches of parsley to make a big salad to feed the family.

Another very simple but delicious salad is a coriander salad made simply by roughly (not finely) chopping a couple of bunches of coriander, adding thinly sliced onions, olive oil, lemon, salt. Absolutely delicious.

Salma

Oh Salma! I love it! I’m going to make this first thing in the morning .. Thank you!!
    When you write your posts .. Before you hit “submit” highlight it and then copy it …. You could paste it to an email or something that you can access later. Just an idea!
    I looked online for a place that may sell Solomon’s seal in the uk. Found one in Glasgow. Where are you?

Hi all
    Started writing here yesterday then the iPad died…post was lost πŸ˜’
    Anyway, am enjoying the descriptions of where you all live, makes my little place seem very tame. Lori, love the idea of deer coming to feed, the most exciting I get in our garden is rabbits and they mostly annoy as they dig holes in the grassed areas. I look out over fields, sometimes we walk sons dog there, hope they don’t build there and take our view. I am in north west England, on outskirts of village where we can walk to for light shopping or drinks and eats out. City is half an hour on the train, London is 2 hours train away, we try and get there 2-3 times a year and catch up with youngest son, other 2 now live locally so we are very lucky.
    Briar rose, well done for doing all,those personals, I would have to make notes to remember what everyone said! I think Salma lives in Lebanon, not uk.
    FD today for me and plan juices then light soup for dinner. Maybe a walk later.
    Time to get up, eldest just phoned and is on his way for breakfast.
    Happy travels Cinque, loved the expression ‘ people river’.
    Susie

My pleasure, ladies.
    I thought I would send you the link to an image of what the tabbouleh should look like. I always find that helpful when I am attempting a new dish:

http://www.houstonskewerscafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/tabouleh5s.jpg

oh, and Briar Rose, I live in Beirut, Lebanon

Mmm, I love love love tabbouleh! I want to get back home where tomatoes are ripening, and parsley is growing, and make some!

Eep I hope posts disappearing isn’t catching! I’ll just touch wood and whistle.
    Salma, I’m afraid that if the admin can’t rescue your lost post from the ether, you are going to have to write it again!

Briar Rose, I’m trying to remember the salad reference. It must be my new book. I’ll let you know when I try one from it. Hopefully very soon!

Susie you have good British modesty! (Although I understand the irritation at rabbits, they are such a pest here). Your home sounds wonderful, with the fields and the village and just a couple of hours from one of the worlds great cities!

Oh dear it is late and I must get ready for bed. Fast day finished!
    I’m so tired I hope I haven’t been writing rubbish!
    Best wishes, and see you all tomorrow ✨🌏✨

Hello, ladies! I made it on another day, yippee.

Lori, I think I missed your post. Your home does sound lovely. My son is in college in PA–at Carnegie Mellon. We drove up in October a couple years ago and the drive was probably the most spectacular fall color I’ve ever seen.

Cinque, hope you enjoy your trip. I am trying to cultivate the neatness habit. I’m actually doing this online “course” on Daily OM called A Year to Clear. It’s about simplifying and emotionally clearing as well as physical clearing. It’s not something that comes naturally to me. In fact, my whole family is the messy creative type, not the detail, organized type, so I’m fighting many battles! But several house projects that we’ve been putting off are coming due this year so I have to get control of things!

BriarRose, you did awesome catching up with everyone!!!

Salma, the recipe sounds incredible, especially on this fast day!! Lebanon sounds so exotic, especially right now!

Susie, your home sounds perfect, too!

Someone on here mentioned DNA testing. We did that last year through 23 and me. I believe we are the most boring Americans that exist!!! There were no surprises at all. We were 100 percent European even though family lore had a Native American ancestor in there somewhere. No Asian, Jewish or African. My daughter was so disappointed she quite literally cried for about ten minutes!!!! On top of that we were mainly British/Scottish with some German/French (They don’t distinguish those populations). I have some 8 percent or so Scandinavian and 1 percent Iberian. Oh well….

My plan for getting back on track took some hits yesterday. I went into the office–my husband has a technology company and I do some of their writing/marketing–and we went out to lunch. My husband hadn’t slept well and felt like comfort food. Anyway, I ended up getting eggplant parmesan sandwich with fries. THEN we were having a late supper because of my daughter’s dance. I had everything ready to cook while my husband went to pick her up and right as he was leaving the power went out. It had been flickering all day because of the wind storms going through, but this time it was out for the count. So he ended up bringing home take out. Of course it came back on right after he ordered it!!!

Anyway, today is fast day so that’s good. If I weren’t doing this, I’d probably inch up this week. That’s how I look at it!!!

Have a great day!!

PS…you guys probably marked this while I was AWOL the past few weeks, but I went back to the beginning of the thread and saw it was started just over a year ago on Feb. 9!! Happy Anniversary and thanks to Salma for starting us off!!!!

You are welcome Carolinacatz πŸ™‚
    It is so nice to have made so many new fast friends πŸ™‚

So.. today was a successful FD for me (the second this week). I am happy with this achievement.
    On another note, I have to go into hospital tomorrow for a biopsy procedure as I had been bleeding heavily on and off. My gynaecologist wants to be sure nothing major is going on (apart from growing old and my ovaries shrivelling up!). She tried to do the procedure for the biopsy, but apparently my cervix has clamped shut (closed for business, it would appear). So, she gave me a medication that I just took, that is supposed to give me severe period cramps and should open the cervix up so she can go in and get a biopsy. Sounds like a lot of fun, doesn’t it? Isn’t it just grand being a woman. If you are not menstruating, you are pregnant, if you are not feeding babies you are running after them, if you are through with all that your skin dries up, ovaries shut down, temper flares and hot flushes are your daily companion. Jeez.. if men had to go through all this, they would jump off a cliff!!

So, hopefully, I will be done with all this by 10 tomorrow and I promised myself to treat myself to a nice brunch.

Wish me luck girls.

Salma

I am also in my second week of this new way of eating! πŸ™‚ This is my 4th FD. I actually welcome it as it feels like it gets me “tuned up” LOL. I’m so sorry about your “woman troubles”. When I was in my 40’s I started bleeding heavily during my periods UGH. My H&H blood levels went way down and I just felt miserable all of the time. My doctor referred me to a specialist who performed a Thermal Oblation. It was an uncomfortable 8 minute procedure which totally cured me! The only way I knew I was menstruating was a tiny spot that I could wear small pads for. πŸ™‚ I knew I’d hit menopause when I started having tons of hot flashes every day. πŸ™‚ My blood levels returned to normal and I feel so much better. I, too, had all those horrid tests before this procedure. I’ll be feeling for you tomorrow. Hope all goes well for you! Enjoy your lovely brunch!

Achievement award for CCatz! It’s lovely to have your posts.
    I was a typical messy person who avoided tidying and cleaning until every now and then I’d get inspired and do a big clean up, working til two in the morning.
    I was gradually getting more organised ( I was a teacher, I had to be) and then I got sick and was too ill to clean the house.

…. ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS CLEAN THE HOUSE!

πŸ˜…πŸ˜‹πŸ˜œπŸ˜

Ah life!

Good luck with your program, it sounds excellent.

I understand your daughters disappointment with the DNA! as I thought the same, but I have changed my mind after finding more about ancient Anglo Saxon and Celtic history. It is fascinating, and lots to be proud of. I hope your daughter finds some of it! She might like to check out Neil Oliver’s documentary Sacred Wonders of Britain. It is so cool. ( if you haven’t already seen it).

Oops battery low, I’ll write more later. 😎

Oh my goodness you girls have been busy on here! Took me quite a while to get through all he posts since I last posted! I’m not complaining though- so much more fun than when everyone’s quiet! πŸ˜‰

I’m afraid I’m a little bleary eyed today because at 3:15am I was awakened by an extremely loud blaring noise that wouldn’t cease. I went out into the hall of the condo complex and almost had my ear drums blown out! It was a fire alarm! So grabbed my purse/valuables and went down 28 floors to the front driveway and stood there for 15 minutes with a bunch of my fellow bleary eyed neighbors ( none of us looked too good at 3:15 in the morning! πŸ˜–). Thankfully it was a false alarm which no one in building maintenance could seem to figure out. Had a horrible time trying to get back to sleep- that sound still rand in my ears & my heart wouldn’t stop beating fast! I slept in late as a result, which I hate because then I feel like a good part of my day was wasted! Oh well! Life in the big city! The good thing is I’m making it a fast day since I already basically missed breakfast! There’s re-framing, right Salma?

Like you Cinque, I have a lot of cleaning up to do around here before my friend arrives on Saturday ( who knew little ‘oil me could be such a piggy? But apparently I am when left to my own devices for a while- being a little too relaxed on my time off! Thankfully I have my roomba vacuuming robot to help me out! It’s getting started on the floors so as I don’t feel too terribly guilty while I spend time with you girls!

Lori, your place sounds amazing! How wonderful to live somewhere so steeped in family history! I’m asumming your hubby doesn’t hurt the deer you feed by the house? πŸ˜‰ Everything on the east coast is so foreign to me having lived in CA my whole life, but I loved the glimpse of it and all its history when my daughter and I went on her East Coast government trip last year- we saw a lot of the battle sites, museums, government buildings etc. just beautiful! If my daughter doesn’t get to live in the UK, she wants to live on the East Coast! She wants the snow/ cold weather!

Susie, where you live sounds gorgeous too! Wouldn’t it be lovely if we could all take a tour around the world to see where each lives?! Sounds like you’re back in your groove of juicing/ soup! Good for you!

Caroline , I’m in Hawaii a little over 2 weeks. Btw, it was
    me that did the 23 & Me genetic testing. I’m still awaiting the results. It will be interesting to see what’s in our ancestory wood pile! Hoping there’s nothing scary lurking in the health part.

Cinque, have a wonderful trip to Sydney! Any news on the housing front for your daughter’s family yet?

Briar Rose ( I think of Sleeping Beauty dancing around in her pink then blue ever- color changing dress when I see your name!), yes, it was a beautiful, peaceful scene that night! My kids = 15 year old daughter, 10 year old son, and twin 9 year old daughters. Busy, busy, busy! That’s why I need a break away every so often! πŸ˜‰

Salma, you’re in my prayers for your procedure. I agree- it’s crazy what we women have to go through! But our revenge is that wa are the stronger sex & live longer for all that! Btw, I too liove tabbouleh! Actually I’m making a sort of tabbouleh out of quinoa tonight! It’s so yummy! Here’s another version in case you or anyone wants to try it:

1 roasted red bell pepper
    1 cup uncooked quinoa
    1 cup fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth
    1/2 c water
    1/2 c orange juice
    1/3 c chopped fresh cilantro
    1/4 c extra Virginia olive oil
    2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
    3 Tbsp lemon juice
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp ground red pepper
    2 large cloves garlic, choppe12 oil-cured, pitted olives
    1/4 c chopped pistachios

Place quinoa , broth, 1/2 c water & juice in large sauce pan, bring to a boil. Cover & reduce heat & simmer 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Place cilantro and next 7 ingredients through garlic in a food processor & process until smooth. Combine bell pepper, quinoa mixture , cilantro mixture, and olives in a large bowl & sprinke with nuts. Per 3/4 c serving = 263 calories, 15.3 fat, 5.3g protein, 4 g fiber, 28.2g carbs

Please excuse any typos from my bad iPad typing! Sorry if I’ve missed anyone! My best to you all & I’ll try to check in again tomorrow before my friend arrives on Saturday, after which I doubt you’ll hear from me for a week or so!

Sherry

Sorry Lori, meant to say hunt not hurt sine you mentioned your hubby hunts deer!

No…he hunts on a mountain an hour from here. The deer here near our house are like pets.

Nothing like a fire alarm in the middle of the night. My sister and I had that happen at a hotel once. Wow, what a night. Hope you get a good night’s sleep tonight.

Part 2!
    Good luck with all your investigations Salma! I went through a lot of them because of heavy bleeding when I was 50. That was probably due to a polyp in my uterus, but the investigations led to a worry about my ovaries, and I had them out. First hospital stay since I was born! I was fine with the end of menses, although being flung into full on menopause was a shocker, worth it though! And of course woot that it wasn’t ovarian cancer.

I hope you get a particularly lovely brunch tomorrow !

Hi again CactusRose, I agree with what you say about the fast days being a tune up, or even a reset. They put a lovely break in the old eating rhythm, and each one seems to involve that nice space, then a gathering up, and a jaunty next step! πŸƒπŸšΆπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸšΆπŸƒπŸƒ

My happiness at being at the far end of the fifties is finally finishing with those hot flushes!!! Early on I would have three in half an hour! 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

Sherry, alarm nightmare! Let’s hope there is no more of them! The only good thing is that there wasn’t actually a fire. We kept getting alarms at my daughters old place, at least she was only 6 floors up, but I am seriously bad with stairs. It seemed to go off every time someone cooked toast! And they would cook toast in the middle of the night!

You’ll need two Pilates and a tai chi session to get your equilibrium back.

All my reading of recipe books is paying off here because I can recognise in your tabbouleh recipe a version of a Turkish bulgur salad called kisir. Well, It is similar to my kisir recipe ( which has pomegranate molasses in the dressing – yum) ( although that means I haven’t made it for 5 years).

So hungry for a beautiful salad!.

Time to stop and let the iPad recharge without me using it at the same time.

Cheers everyone!

One think I’ve found in keeping the hunger at bay during the FD is to not have one tiny bit of sugar. In my coffee, I use Stevia. I eat simple foods like broth with some meat & veggies, or popcorn with a little melted butter, or apple slices with peanut butter sweetened with Stevia. It really helps me to find the most filling foods that don’t have added sugar. πŸ™‚

Wow, Salma, thinking of you today. I imagine it’s over and hope you enjoyed a nice brunch. I can’t tell you how much I hate dealing with anything healthcare related. In a way that’s one of the worst parts of getting older–you know your body is going to require more stuff!!

Welcome, CactusRose!!

Cinque, interesting to hear of your neatness transformation…..I hope that happens to me! I’m at the point that most of our non-basement area is pretty good except for drawers/cabinets etc…..baby steps!!

Sherryann, I have to say I do enjoy four distinct seasons….are you going to cross reference your dna stuff to get more health reports? I don’t believe they are definitive by any means but it’s a little more data to have on hand. We didn’t have any big bombshells so that was a relief.

Lori, we have a good bit of wildlife too. Usually it’s nice but a few years ago we had a rabid fox scare for several weeks. It was terrible!!! I’m rather sentimental about animals and not at all a hunter but it got to the point where I was ready to shoot those things myself if I’d had half a chance of not killing someone in the process. We have a tree platform for the kids and one evening a wildlife officer was up in it with a seriously big rifle–he didn’t want to try to shoot from ground level but felt more confident from above. Of course they never showed up when he was here. I hope that never happens again!!!

Here’s my recipe contribution…for savory oatmeal. Brown old fashioned oats in butter or oil seasoned with garlic, herbs, etc–they should get nice and browned! Add liquid–I use water and coconut milk, cook for about five minutes. If you like, add an egg to poach on top. Sprinkle with cheese, onion, other veggies!!! It’s really good.

My fast day went well! It’s still sad that I haven’t regained my preChristmas status and the rescheduled Biltmore brunch is this weekend…..but I’ll just have to suck it up and take charge. The weather looks nice for the weekend here.

Oo yum Catz, that savoury oatmeal sounds good. Do you use rolled oats or whole grains. Hmm grains couldn’t cook that quickly.

That rabies scare would be terrifying!

I need to say, I am still not tidy. I blame it on my bad health now though, and imagine I would keep everything spic and span if I was well. πŸ˜‰
    But getting to this age also means I make more realistic decisions about not keeping stuff I ‘ would like to use some day’ although I still have an enormous chest full of wool!

Hi Cactus Rose, I am another one who cut out sugar. I made that decision 5 years ago, or maybe even 6. I lost 20kg that way before I discovered 5:2, (which was timely as I had hit a plateau for about two years)! No sugar and 5:2 are the perfect combination! πŸ˜„

I agree Cinque,
    As you probably know, I’m no sugar too!
    Caroline, scary! Rabid foxes and kids outside playing…. Yikes! I have to say I didn’t look fully into what the various health reports are available to me from 23 & Me. I guess I need to check it out further!

I’m happy to report I’m at my lowest weight in a long time (122.4). Part of this is no doubt due to little intestinal issue but I’m also just not eating as much! Amazing how a decrease in stress & responsibility help with weight loss! πŸ˜‰ But now my friend comes in tomorrow and she’s already told me she wants to go out to eat every night and alcohol will be consumed! I’m just going to roll with it the best I can and eat as reasonably as possible. I’ve made a tropical sangria to greet her when we get back to the condo from the airport! I’ve booked dinner reservations at a place on the beach, Dukes, which is great for visitors – lots of tropical ambiance!

Ok, so much more to do before tomorrow. As I said, I probably won’t be chatting much this week since I have a visitor. Hoping I can catch up when I come back!

Have a good week all! I’m cheering for you!

😘 Sherry

Good morning everyone!

Well, I’ve managed to have NO weight loss again this week. Sigh…..I have a feeling that trying to lose this last 20 lbs is really going to test my patience! Truth be told, I didn’t do all I could this week to help myself see a loss. I didn’t drink enough water and I only had 1 FD and that one crept up to more like 800 calories. I really have to be more strict with myself. We’re leaving for Florida in just under 3 weeks and I really would like to have at least 5 lbs off by then. More would be better, but I have to be realistic. The days where I could lose 5 lbs in a week are long gone!

I’m going to meet a friend this morning to do some shopping and go out for lunch. I’ve spent too many weekends just sitting here because it’s cold outside. It is supposed to be a bit warmer today and tomorrow looks great. I think I’ll go for a walk tomorrow….I’m really in need of some time outside in the sunshine.

Sherry…have a wonderful time with your friend. It all sounds lovely. Congrats on your new low weight.

Off I go…..have a wonderful weekend!

Hello everyone,
    I’ve been up since 4:30 am with my granddaughter, she’s worse than your cat Lori! What a way to start a fast day!

Congratulations Sherry! What a lovely weight to start your friendly next week with. I hope you enjoy every minute and all power to the decisions you make about what and how much you eat and drink. Are your tastes still changing?

Lori, it’s not you, it is those wicked scales. How many times do I have to tell you? 😫
    I’ve got a feeling your ‘ I didn’t do all I could this week to see a loss’ probably equates to my ‘ wow I’ve been fasting well! ‘ but 5lbs a week is a lot to live up to!
    I hope you have a great time out under the open sky. Surely that will make the scales behave themselves!

Bye now, a nap would be a good thing to do on a fast day, wouldn’t it! 😴😴😴😴

Hey ladies..

Sherry.. well done on your weight loss.. way to go! Lori.. I am sure the lbs will come off net week,,, you have been doing so well.. these fluctuations are really difficult to deal with, but the important thing is to keep your eye on the trend rather than the actual weight every week.

Thank you for all the good wishes and the positive thoughts you directed my way.
    The procedure, in addition to being very uncomfortable and painful, did not go too well. The gynaecologist could not get her biopsy. She will try again when I have bleeding next. Failing that, she will have to take me into hospital and do a dilation under anaesthesia. fun. fun. fun.

I have just said goodbye to 3 friends who came to dinner tonight. This was my first invite after moving to this new place and it felt good to entertain again albeit on a very small scale. I made the salad I have tried at SweetGreen that I had mentioned and it was absolutely delicious: bok choy, celery, fresh coriander, green onion, green pepper, shredded carrots, quinoa, warm lentils and chickpeas with some cumin, salt, dried coriander seeds, lemon, olive oil and pepper. Very fresh and delicious. I also made beef stroganoff (not so healthy) and the funny thing is that when I used the cream, it turned out to be sweetened and had a mild vanilla flavour.. not exactly a gourmet taste with stroganoff. Still, it was nice to have friends round and the wine was rather good.

Back to the straight and narrow next week. I have not been weighing, but I don’t imagine I have lost much. Sigh.

Salma

Just had a nap, and gd is still having hers.
    Hi Salma, how frustrating that your procedure wasn’t successful. I hope the next try is!
    Oops gd just woke up. I’ll be quick.
    Your dinner sounds wonderful, even with the sweetened flavoured cream! I’d better check they don’t start selling that here! So nice to be socialising.
    Best wishes for a lovely weight losing week this week starting.
    Catch you soon.

Good Morning!

I had a great long lie in this morning(6:30) as Miss Kitty asked to go out last night at 10:30 so was outside all night. It was not that cold last night, so she was fine. She actually came in for breakfast and then wanted back out!

I had fun with my friend yesterday. I was a good girl and didn’t do any impulse buying. The only thing I purchased was some food for the cat! We went out for a nice lunch and I had a lite beer and a lovely Caesar salad with grilled shrimp. When we returned to my friend’s home, I had another lite beer. Surprise, surprise, the scale was DOWN this morning! Eureka! Have I found the secret? πŸ˜‰

I’m afraid this nice, sunny day will be wasted on me as I have lots to do inside. I’m in the midst of laundry and have some yummy low carb cooking to do. I’m going to make a mushroom cream sauce with parmesan cheese to pour over eye of round steaks for dinner. Doesn’t that sound yummy? I’m also going to make some things to get me thru the week. Having things ready to warm up help keep me on my low carb plan.

I’m going to do my best to have at least 2 good fast days this week. I want to see that new “decade” on the scale this week!!

Hello!

Sherry, your trip sounds amazing and I’m incredibly jealous of your teenage weight!! I hope you’re not a tall person or you’d be too thin.

Salma, I feel for you going through that procedure and not getting results. Hope the issues resolves or you get some clarity at least.

Cinque, glad you got a nap! I’m not sure I have it in me to get up that early anymore!

Lori, good luck reaching the new decade! I’m trying to get back to the decade I was in before the holidays…..

This weekend was a challenge. We were able to go to the brunch at Biltmore (the Vanderbilt estate) and I ate way too much. I’m finding now that when I overeat I really feel bad later. That should be a good thing if it kept me from overeating, haha. At least it was real chef-prepared food and not junk. The scales were way up last night so I’m hoping tomorrow’s fast day will reverse them. This week will just be about getting back in control!!! On the positive side, I’ve been doing better with exercise. I’m still only a moderate exercising at best–walking, yoga, light weights–but I do something most days unless the weather is terrible. This weekend the weather was gorgeous! We didn’t hike at Biltmore (They have awesome trails) but we did walk a bit and we did the Upstairs/Downstairs tour, which has a lot of steps.

Have a great week!!

Hello everyone,
    I got a much better sleep last night, Gd slept through. It is night again and fingers crossed she sleeps through again.
    I’m going to make soup tomorrow ready for fasting on Thursday.

Lori is beer the secret? You will make a fortune selling that diet tip!
    I hope you have had more sun, and been able to get out in it.

Catz don’t you notice overeating so much more! Like you I feel bad – and in pain! It does help me not do it next time, which is a good thing.
    Congrats on the exercising, the upstairs downstairs tour sounds fascinating.

Best wishes everyone, see you in the morning! πŸŒ›βœ¨πŸŒŸπŸ’«πŸŒ

Hi Ladies,
    Just jumping on quick to say hello.. I am fasting today. Did two days back to back last week. What is the preference? Doing the two days together or scattered? I am going out for supper tomorrow night so don’t think it will be good to fast.
    Must run, will read and catch up again really soon!
    Oh and Salma, your salad was lovely, such a help for my fast days too! I used quinoa … making it again today! Thanks so much!

Good Morning!

Sorry to say that I have not reached the new decade in weight. The scale creeps down by only a wee bit and then pops back up. Then I must begin the downward creep again. I wish I could experience the “whoosh” that I hear people speak of when a couple pounds go all at once. Sigh……patience, patience.

I had a good fast day yesterday, though I did go a bit over calories to 700-800. Oh well….it was all low carb and I’m not worrying. I fasted for 20+ hours, so gave my body a good break from digestion duties. You’d think it would have rewarded me with more than a 2/10ths of a pound loss. Hmph!

2 days of boot camp done so far this week. I’m looking forward to an off day tomorrow. It is supposed to be raining and blowing, so a good morning to stay in and sip coffee.

Cinque…hope you had another good sleep. It sure makes a difference when you get more than a few solid hours. What kind of soup are you making?

I must get to work. 1st of the month means a few extra things to do. Have a lovely day!

Lori, do youthink the exercise might be the reason the weight doesn’t go down? I mean… fat weighs less than muscle and maybe you are gaining muscle weight … which is great, that way y0ou burn more calories.
    Sherry, yes Sleeping Beauty was the inspiration for my name here … but not when she was a princess … but when she was living in the little cottage in the woods and out collecting wild flowers and singing with the birds!!
    Oh Salma I do feel for you so much! It is so painful not to mention how lovely it is to lay back with your feet in those stir ups!! I am praying for you πŸ™‚
    Cinque hope you get some good rest!
    The weather here is still so cold … getting a winter storm tonight and they say possibly 25cm of snow! That’s a lot! When we get 5-10cm’s things pretty much shut down … so this will be interesting. I know I have Cabin Fever as I got pretty silly last night dancing around in a ridiculous way making my kids laugh ! oh well … I must have burned a few calories!! ha ha
    All the best to all of you!!!!

Hello! Checking in to try to get back in the groove. I know I ate too much yesterday but today is fast day, yay!!

Lori, my weight is much like yours.

Cinque, hope your soup is yummy! I make a gumbo for fast days sometimes–it’s sort of gumbo anyway. It’s a gumbo veggie mix cooked with chicken broth and tomatoes and chili powder, garlic, etc. Tomorrow I’m making a lentil curry soup I’m looking forward to….

Briar Rose, I’m sorry to tell you our weather has turned gorgeous! The forsythia and fruit trees are starting to pop out…..I was amused when we were at Biltmore this weekend and a guy asked the van driver, “What happened to the gardens?” It was truly as if he wasn’t familiar with the concept of WINTER!! Maybe he’s from Florida!!!

I can’t do a full word picture of where we live right now but here’s a snapshot–my office is on the second floor overlooking our backyard, which is wooded. The kids have a tree platform that is eye level with my desk and right now there is a fat white squirrel curled up in the sun taking a nap. Most of our squirrels are white so they’re easy to see. Sometimes they’ll come right up to my window and stare at me.

Good luck today–to those fasting and not. I think not is harder!!!

Hello girls,

Thanks for everyone’s concern and good wishes. I am sure all you gals are familiar with the fun visit to the gynaecologist. I hope that things will be okay and I will be able to avoid going into hospital in 3 weeks. fingers crossed.

Briar Rose.. I am so glad you liked the salad. Which one? I had posted 3.. I think you mean the Tabbouleh (Parsley salad)? It is very good for you and full of vitamin C.

Lori.. I am right there with you. My weight is clinging to me for dear life.. I can’t get rid of it. I imagine tiny horrible creatures called “pounds” that camouflage themselves as dimpled skin (otherwise called cellulite) and that hook onto my thighs and won’t let go.. nasty little brutes.. No amount of self deprivation seems to do loosen their grip. sigh!

I completed a good FD yesterday and was ‘good’ today but I have been trying to bring down the extra 4 kgs (yes.. you heard it right FOUR) that I gained in the three weeks of travel. It is truly exasperating. I am unable to exercise because of my inflamed hip (at least that is my excuse) and I have to be at my desk for most of the day. The only thing I am exercising is my patience muscle.. and it is getting tired!

I will try to do another FD tomorrow to get it out of the way.. and if I am feeling courageous, maybe Friday as well, but I am trying to get back to the window method where I eat only between 2-8 even on non-FDs. I don’t always manage it, but I try.

Take heart everyone.. we’ll get there in the end.

Salma

Hi again..

I had promised to send a word picture of where I live. My previous email had evaporated and the forum moderator was unable to do anything about it.. so here goes a second attempt:

I live in a modern building in a quite(r) street in Beirut. It is still very central but not as noisy as other areas. Beirut is a bit of a concrete jungle with not much greenery, but I am a city girl at heart and hate driving long distances to and from work, so I prefer to stay in a smaller but more convenient flat in the city. My flat is within walking distance of the promenade by the sea. Beirut is right on the Mediterranean with beautiful weather most of the year. It only gets cold and rainy for 2 to 3 weeks in the year, maybe a month.

Here are some actual pictures of the promenade/corniche near where I live:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=corniche+beirut&view=detailv2&&id=5D3623C80BEC5EEAFDE483325DC7B8B87CDE90E1&selectedIndex=5&ccid=X6oqTSkh&simid=608023458541732848&thid=OIP.M5faa2a4d2921fb0b320fc7c293129575o0

Beirut is both beautiful and ugly, modern and old, vibrant and old fashioned.. it is a sum of contradictions where all shades of different co-exist. It had suffered 17 years of a brutal civil war that all but destroyed its trading center in downtown, which was rebuilt in the 1990s maintaining the old traditional style but renovating the old buildings and bringing them back to their old glory. New elegant shops now take the place of the ghost town that occupied the downtown area.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Solidere+Beirut+Buildings&view=detailv2&id=CDC7F3E6A1E16919D87A0D2B0346C68A12A150AB&selectedindex=26&ccid=ilnGBetR&simid=607986397280276351&thid=OIP.M8a59c605eb51c94152fb1365b3eeab76o0&mode=overlay&first=1

Lebanon is a small country of around 10,000 square kilometers (4000 sq miles approximately) with around 4 million people and 18 different faiths! It has beautiful mountains with the highest peak at around 3000 meters above sea level as well as around 200 km of shoreline. You can ski and swim in the same day! The food is another story altogether.. it is superb.. a lot of fresh ingredients and is heavy on vegetables, nuts, pulses and olive oil (hence the Mediterranean diet). Some of the best food is to be had here.

Over the weekend, the Lebanese go en-mass to the mountains or the villages to have Sunday lunch with the family. Italian style long lunches with the old grandparents, the uncles, nephews and aunts all gather around and spend a leisurely 3-4 hours eating, gossiping, drinking coffee and some smoking the argileh (water pipe/hubbly bubbly). Gathering around food, whether in homes, restaurants or cafes is a national sport. Beirut is also known for its night life. I believe it was voted #1 city for clubbing (not an activity I partake of in my daily existence).

So.. before I start sounding like a tourist guide or a travel brochure.. let me tell you about where I now live. It is minutes away from the sea promenade and the downtown. It is also near a main shopping street made famous in the 1970’s called Hamra street. My apartment is a 2 bedroom flat with a smallish living room. Lots of light comes in and it is small and cheerful. I have a nice kitchen as I love to cook and have recently purchased a small 3 drawer freezer. My apartment has quite a few pieces of pottery and art (carpets, paintings) collected from the different places I had visited. Each brings back a nice (sometimes not so nice) memory. I have quite a large bookcase as I read quite a lot and have collected many books on many topics over the years. When I moved into this apartment in October, I splurged on a new bookcase with a large TV (although I hardly watch TV) and a Bluetooth sound bar that I can beam my music to while I cook. I keep threatening to have a movie night in with popcorn with friends around, but I have not done it so far.

There is a lot of cultural activity with plays, music, etc going on all the time. A very cosmopolitan city which is an interesting mix of east and west. Noisy, traffic-jammed (even at 11 at night sometimes in certain areas), messy, high intensity, bad tempered, hospitable and crazy. You can get a nervous break down living here.. but it is a wonderful place. You either love it or hate it.. I love it πŸ™‚

I REALLY do not work for the tourism board πŸ™‚

Salma

Keep at it Salma, you’ll get there. I can’t exercise either, but luckily us mid fifties folk have enormous brains that use up lots of energy!
    I realised that I ate too much yesterday so I am enjoying light eating today, although a nice filling dinner before fast day tomorrow. (my daughter is making Thai chicken curry, yum!).
    I probably ate too much the day before, but it was the day after fast day so a lovely treat. Plus, my new ‘eating too much’ is SO much less than my old one.

Enjoy all your weathers in your wonderful localities all over the world. We are heading to the op shop to drop off some things, so I will have fun checking that out! Then a coffee. Granddaughter is at child care today so we will be UNINTERRUPTED. WOOT,

Then lots of sorting and tidying.

I’d better go, it has been lovely to read the posts and catch up with your dear lives. Hi MM too!

PS Briar Rose, I like my two fast days as far from each other as the week allows. I think they work fine! 😊

Salma….your city is beautiful! Thank you for sharing both in words and photos. Your apartment sounds perfect! It is so important to be happy in your space.

The kitchen is closed here and I’m debating whether to make tomorrow a fast day. Probably not as I’ll be home in the morning and will no doubt be hungry. When I go to boot camp, it kills my appetite for hours, but no camp tomorrow.

Have a lovely day or night, as the case may be!

Hi girls,
    I Made another quinoa and parsley salad. This time I added chick peas and corn, fresh basil and cabbage (just a little bit sliced thin and chopped), green onion, red pepper, celery. Dry mustard, salt and pepper .. Olive oil and vinegar. Very good!!

Today I had my very first massage. It was amazing. Hoping to resolve some long standing aches and pains. My right arm is in a funny place between numb and pain … I have another booked for next week. Hallelujah.
    Yes Salma it was the tabouleh salad I meant.
    Your weather sounds perfect. Why don’t I live in a place like that? πŸ™‚

Cinque thanks for the advice! i like the idea .. Also because if I ever happen to eat something I really shouldn’t …(like yesterday) then I love the idea of fasting … Like on the documentary … There were three types of fasting mentioned. The one where you could eat what you wanted (including junk/fast food) and then fast the next day … And alternate. It just seems fitting to fast on days when I have over indulged.

Just explain to me why we can’t eat French fries and beer battered onion rings, potato chips and chocolate .. And have them be super good for us????? Like power foods that make the weight just fall off!? I wish!
    Onward and upward. I’m loving this salad. My body feels so good when I fast.

Salma your word pictures and real pictures came through to me after I posted my last. What a treat to hear about your home. Something so special about living close to water too.
    Let’s have a day sometime soon when we all cook Lebanese food! There are so many beautiful dishes.
    Next month we can choose a cuisine from another of us!
    Would it be too difficult on top of already busy lives?

Hmm, back to sorting and tidying here! Cheers

Good Afternoon,

Ok friends…..I’m having a struggle today. I think it’s because I ate breakfast at 6AM. I’ve been feeling deprived and hungry ever since. πŸ™ It is now just past noon and I’m going to have my meager lunch that I brought along to work. DH just called and I told him that I’m struggling today. He said, why don’t we go out for dinner? We decided that instead, I will bring home Chinese food. Sweet & sour chicken for him and plain steamed shrimp & broccoli for me. At least I won’t have to cook and clean up the kitchen tonight. Not sure why I’m in such a “mood”. Sigh……..

Today will end up being quite a low calorie day and tomorrow is meant to be a fast day.

Hope you all are having a good day!

I hope the day keeps getting better Lori! You don’t by chance have a little sachet of miso for a nice salty pick me up?
    Hopefully your meal tonight will set you up for a good fast day tomorrow.
    🌷🌿🌷🌿🌷
    I have started my fast day with a nice cup of tea.
    I’m going to continue it with another!

Oh Lori.. I truly feel for you. I hope you saw this day through.
    I had a good FD today.. Kept myself really busy to forget about food. I did my grocery shopping after work and had a bit of fish and salad at the shop.. Nothing else all day. I find that an FD goes by rather aimlessly when I am very busy but not otherwise.
    Phew.. Two FDs out of the way this week, so now I just have to eat mindfully. Perhaps I will sneak in a =n FD or a semi-FD on Friday. It feels good to have them behind me and I can eat normally again.

Salma

Thank you ladies, I knew you would understand. (((Hugs)))

I did fine after lunch and then had my shrimp and broccoli done just as I specified, stir fried with just oil and garlic with no sauce, for dinner.

I’m still kind of in a blue funk…not sure why. Hope I wake up with a better attitude tomorrow.

Gnight

Good night Lori, I do hope you wake up feeling better tomorrow. 🌟✨🌟✨🌟
    I guess if you are going to spend the day in a blue funk, you might as well fast.

Congratulations Salma on your good day. I am half way through mine. Just made a lovely spicy lentil soup full of veggies and finished off with lemon juice. I might have a small bowl now and another later.

I surprised myself by liking to fast on my slow Sundays. It is surprisingly meditative, and nice not to have to concentrate on specifics. ( a bit like I used to want a slow day on the first hard day of my period).
    So much thanks to the way that hunger pains have changed from intolerable cravings into just interesting sensations.

I am tired now. A bit more catching up and then time for a nap.

Good Morning!

Whew! I seem to be over my “blue funk”. Feeling fine this morning and ready to go to boot camp. Not sure what was wrong yesterday, but I did have a headache when I went to bed, so something was just “off”. No worries, all is well today and I’m ready for a proper FD. Just wish my cat would not have gotten me up at 3:45AM!! Her internal clock needs reset.

Cinque, your lentil soup sounds lovely. I could do with a bowl for dinner tonight! πŸ˜‰ My goal is to not eat until dinner tonight. Not sure what I’ll have, but probably eggs of some sort with a bit of cheese.

Have a good day…..or night!

Hi Lori!
    Hi everyone else!
    I was exhausted yesterday. It was a big day to be fasting on! My two small bowls of lentil soup ( really yummy) went down well. I had a pretty good sleep and it is home to Melbourne this morning.
    I hope you got through the day fine and no sign of that funk. I sometimes ‘almost’ get a migraine and am off like that.
    Off to make some toast and vegemite to share with grand tot. Australian tradition!

Hi ladies,

Lori.. I am so with you. I had a ‘funk’ last night which disturbed my sleep, so although I had had a good eating day despite it not being an FD, I was up at 1 am and could not get back to sleep. I ended up taking out my laptop and doing work and scoffing Oreos (8 cookies to be precise) after an unnecessary Gouda sandwich!!! Why oh why do I do this despite knowing full well how I am going to feel in the morning?

I hate it when my mood dips for no apparent reason (although the reasons are always THERE.. if you dig deep enough). Food is never a solution, but my body/brain seems wired to food-medicate. Urrrrrgggghhh!

I hope I have a better day today.

Salma

Good Morning All,

Salma…hope you’re feeling better today. Who knows why we have days like that? Don’t beat yourself up about the Oreos. This too shall pass! πŸ˜‰

I woke up not feeling great either and decided to skip boot camp. There’s a skiff of snow out there and I just didn’t feel like venturing out. A bit headachey and just blah. Add to that when I weighed myself the stupid scale was up 2/10ths of a pound after a day of fasting for 21+ hours and 500 calories. WTH?? Today I’m going to have a salad with chicken and guacamole for lunch and then we’re going out for dinner too. That will show that scale! ROFL! I have to laugh so I don’t cry.

Cinque…are you back home now? You’ve been a busy bee lately.

We’re going to our 7 year old grandson’s basketball game tomorrow. We have to drive a bit over an hour to their house. I sort of wanted to stay home and start working on my packing for our Florida trip, but I can always do that on Sunday. I have next weekend to work on it too, but I’m a bit anxious. I REALLY need some time off work to recharge. Of course, when I return I’ll have a pile of work and problems to deal with. Oh well….that’s life!

Have a good weekend everyone!

I started the 5:2 two years ago. It all went well, I lost weight and managed to keep it down until a couple of months ago, when I started going to the gym again and menopause symptoms starte to appear furioulsy!. Since January I have piled on 5 kilos! I fast twice a week, control my calories on non-fast days, walk 3 or 4 times a week and exercise at least 2, feeling frustrated and hungry most of the time. SO WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?????

Viewing 50 posts - 3,251 through 3,300 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.