Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid Fifties – Just starting and hoping to lose weight (yet again)?!

This topic contains 5,051 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  vendor 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 5,077 total)

• Welcome Kate! Love thinking about you and your horse exploring. Start planning all the outings you will do with him once you lose the weight!

Back from the golf course. A disappointing day. I didn’t find my swing until the back 9! By then my score was WAY high. Sigh….. Oh well, it was a nice day out and the rain held off.

I’ll be fasting tomorrow as usual for a Monday. Boot camp in the morning, work all day, Dr appt in the afternoon and then finally home. I’m hoping my blood work results are favorable. We’ll see.

Have a nice evening and a good start to your week!

Hi Lori.
    I read somewhere that golf is one of the sports that uses up a great number of calories.. so it’s really great that you enjoy this sport.
    I am ‘sort of’ fasting tomorrow as well. I won’t eat anything until the evening when I have a work-related dinner. I will try my best to restrict what I order to really healthy options and will hope I stay within the 500 cals or so.
    If I am really really lucky, I will slip in another “sort of” fast day on Tuesday as I have a book club meeting in the evening where everyone brings stuff and we usually have a cheese and wine get together and discuss a book. Only time (and the scales) will tell if I am successful.

Wish me luck.
    Good night everyone.

Hi Kate

Yes you can ramble away here with the rest of us. I love the thought of you trekking around Scotland on a horse. The last time a rode a horse was some years ago. The horse would run away if it saw me coming. A shire horse might be ok though.

Hi Salma

Our thoughts are right there with you.

Well this afternoon my blood pressure was way too high so I thought I had better get my Paul Mkenna CD out and I am just loading it onto iTunes tonight. It also helps you sleep apparently. So Paul and I have a date and he says he is going to relax me. It’s been a while since I was on a promise!!

Have a good fast day tomorrow for those who are fasting.

Ginette

After BBQ’d burger and chips on Saturday and eating a load of stodge at our neighbours 60th party yesterday, not to mention all the vino (photos on Facebook) it is my weigh in day today. And……… I have lost another big fat pound!!! So that is 2 stones gone forever. I am over the moon 🙂

Welcome Kate, we all found our first fasts daunting but we are all still here to tell the tale, and you know what? we enjoy our fasts now, as you will.

Fasting today, just enjoying my early morning lemon and ginger, then liquids only tomorrow.

See my profile if you fancy joining us on FB.

Happy Fasting everyone!

Good morning all and Kate.. you are in really good company.
    Applepie.. I do have a question: you normally do this? One fast day followed by a liquids only?
    Do you then do another fast day? I really do not want to count calories during eat days and am trying to find a formula that works. Currently, I am not gaining overall.. I do go up and down after I have fasted, but I am hovering at the same weight and have done for a while. I like you r way of doing this in terms of not restricting during non-fast days.
    Hoping everyone has a good Monday.

Good morning Salma – yes that is my usual pattern. Monday is my fast day, maximum 350 calories. Tuesday is liquids only. It really is easy. I don’t find I get that hungry on Tuesdays, if I do I have a lemon or ginger tea, the hunger soon passes. I am stubborn, I won’t give in. The rest of the week I eat normally. Good Luck! x

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to post so late. There was a music festival this week where I was recording, so most of my time was spoken for as a result.

Welcome to all the new folks. I started posting here in January (when I started 5:2). Great to hear all the progress. Just to recap, I officially reached my target weight (well half a pound below) on April 25th. The next day for about a week and a half it was one event after another that caused me to delay starting my proposed maintenance plan. At most I was three pounds (roughly a kilo and a half) overweight.

Last week was my first official maintenance week. I followed the maintenance plan that the naturopath who recommended the 5:2 to me suggested. I’ve actually been below my target weight for much of the time. In fact, due to the fast day, I actually ended up being two pounds BELOW target by yesterday morning (which afforded me the ability to really pig out yesterday–and was still just under half a pound BELOW goal this morning. My current plan is to muddle through with the maintenance plan as discussed with the naturopath (though that involves too much trial and error for my liking) until I have my VO2 Max test (currently scheduled for end of June).

I really appreciate the flexibility of this WOL, though next week has it’s challenges ahead. A week from tomorrow is a holiday here in the US (Memorial Day)–which means a three-day weekend (and ensuing music festival where I’ll pretty much be recording a bunch of the time). In honor of the festivities I’m planning to have one treat each day of the festival. I’m thinking of having in essence <500 calorie days except for treats. That way I might have a hope of staying within TDEE. BTW, due to next weekend’s festival I doubt I’ll be able to post much until the last weekend of May. I hope you understand.

Jayney

Morning all,

I am starting to struggle weight wise seem to have hit a wall somehow.

It’s a fast day today for me so I am going to hold off eating as long as possible and see if I can manage a liquid only day.

Welcome Kate the more the merrier, a lot of us are on fat busting bits and ladies of a certain age so hop on over there too if you want.

Audrey

Hi Salma,
    Good luck, or is luck anything to do with it!
    I’ve also been through the menopause and after doing all the recommended diets from guru’s from all over the world I still had that yo-yo problem. I decided to do the 5/2 a year ago and at the same time started reading about healthy and not so healthy foods that are advertised as low fat/sugar free etc etc. (See my post genetically manipulated organisms GMO’s in the Science forum). After being totally shocked by what I read I adapted to not eating (as far as possible) foods produced by our manufacturers in conjunction with the 5/2. For the first time in my life I am at my ideal weight and have been there for 6 months! Plus 4 dress sizes smaller and feel extremely healthy. I eat as far as possible only organic foods and after being a vegetarian for many years I now eat meat (organic of course) plus full fat foods. I also do the 6/1 now and now and again have cake or something equally unhealthy and stay at my ideal weight.
    Success Ann Joyce

Morning everyone. Apologies for not posting in a while…. PC is not well and have had to buy a tablet to keep me sane while the IT guy does his thing with my desktop. Frustrating couple of weeks on the weight front…. Maintained last week. 0.8 lbs loss this week but difficult to fast today…. Wondering if the HRT is glitching again. Off work today (poorly cat has to go to a referrals centre for tests…. All three cats wondering why I haven’t fed them) so might go for a Tuesday fast instead as I will be back at work with normal routine then.

Happy fasting, onward and downward….

Well this is my first fast day and so far finding it really easy – well it’s not 8 o clock in the morning yet! Might be a different story later…
    Ann I am with you on the GMOs – I think it was American writer Wendell Berry who said ” we have a food industry that pays no attention to health and a health industry that pays no attention to food.”
    So much processed food is a way of selling cheap fat and sugar to us…I don’t eat it and we grow much of our own fruit and veg (so quite how I manage to be 5 stone overweight is a mystery). Except it’s not – it’s about quantities, snacking and using food as a reward for me and I am taking a long hard look at myself and my appalling eating (and drinking) habits. Aaargh.
    I must admit to feeling slightly cross though! In my twenties I controlled my weight through periodic fasting (back in the day) and was continually being told how dangerous it was, I would lower my body’s setpoint and never be able to eat again, it would destroy my vital organs yadeya…so I stopped fasting (and started eating!) and here we are. It was seen as something really cranky and dangerous back then.
    Anyway, so enjoying getting to know you all – you are all so positive and cheerful. The lemon and ginger sounds delish Applepie, got a notion for that. Good luck to all today, hope Paul McK didn’t exhaust you last night Ginette as he can be quite demanding like that.

Ginette

I quite like the new game, I was not too sure yesterday but had another go this morning and I am starting to get into it now. It’s just a bit slow as yet but think it will probably get better the more I play.

Kate I am fasting today too so if you need support later give me a shout I am in all day today think ginette is probably fasting too!

Good luck to everyone else that is fasting have a great day

Audrey

Hi Applepie

Well done on another 1lb. Did you think that food was stodgy before 5:2? Your beef burger looked lovely and wrapped in some lettuce leaf. So that made it a really good choice.

Hi Salma

Hi Janey

Lovely to see you here. I realise you are busy, which must be really nice. Enjoy next weekend and look forward to hearing how it all went. I am glad that you get to join in food events with no damage done.

Hi Kate

First fast day for me was the most difficult. I was reading the forum (one of the lurkers) but didn’t join in until a little later only a week or two I think.

I was 19.1 at starting point so as I am now at 17.2 with no real effort at most definetly the quickest, most consistent loss I have had on a diet I am really impressed. I quickly adjusted to this. I have been to many other diet clubs and lost weigh initially but then fell by the wayside. This WOL is much better I started not calorie counting then after three weeks I did count for a couple of weeks just to make myself aware of different foods then stopped again preferring not to. I then joined Milena on the fast beach diet as I had a couple of excessive weeks over Easter and weight loss had really slowed down. When I started this I again wanted to count just for the duration of FBD. It is such a surprise. I found that just by cutting out treats my calorie count had gone to 1000 – 1200 and sometimes I struggled to get to the 1000.

I always count and weigh everything on fast days, but again the calorie counting for a Lille while had great benefits. It reaquainted me with amounts in certain foods, sometime this was a nice surprise other times a shock. I don’t intend to carry on afterwards maybe just to do it on the odd day to check that I am still within my limits. It’s a bit like the weekly weighing you can think you have lost weight but the scales are really useful at showing you that you have.

Sorry I know I ramble on you will get used to me…..

Hi Audrey

Yes it does take a few days. I like it when the longer ones unlock at I can do 7mins + ones. I sometimes do a 15 or 20 but the 20+ are hard going.

You will unlock lots of new things as you go and achieve the others. This is based on your ability as well. Then the medals start to come. The short ones can be annoying, but I guess this is just the makers responsible way of making sure that you aren’t going to injure yourself and that you are building up stamina.

The boxercise is under martial arts if you haven’t found it yet. This and hip hop are my favourites.

Ginette

Hi Ginette I don’t suppose I thought anything about it pre 5:2, I just ate for England! I didn’t have that much at the party but I am suffering for it today, I keep getting stomach pains, thankfully it’s a fast day, so I am undoing a bit of the damage.

Yes the burger in a lettuce leaf was delicious, much nicer than all that stodge!

You are doing so well, any chance of you posting a photo on Facebook yet?

Onwards and downwards!

Ginette

I like the merengue! And yes I do mean that and not meringue hehe. My tummy is aching now though, but it is very addictive.

Applepie congrats on more weight loss

Audrey

Hi Apple pie

I absolutely hate photos so only have really old ones. So maybe sometime in the future……. I might post a before and after you will then really see a difference. You can have a photo of my cats of my granddaughter who is a dog as I’m fed up waiting for the real thing!!

Oh dear Audrey

You overdid it …..wait until tomorrow you will suffer then. I’m glad you are getting into it, it took me a couple of weeks to make my mind up. Will be on it later. I think I have just gone past China……of course this sounds mad to people who don’t know what we are talking about. Hehehe…..

Ginette

I have got as far as turkey! Played for over 2 hrs very achey now!

Audrey

Oh Audrey

I am getting worried now, you don’t want to suffer and not be able to do it for a few days do you.

Still 2 hrs wait and see how many calories you have burnt. I only do 30 – 45 mins a time about 3 times a week. I normally feel really hot, sweaty and tired at the end.

You will drink loads. I have at least a pint while I am exercising and then 1/2 after I finish …..of water of course.

Any aches now will be magnified 10 fold tomorrow……maybe you are enjoying it to much….. Tge Duracell bunny.

Ginette

Don’t worry ginette I am keeping well hydrated and am staying warm.

I am sure I will be ok tomorrow but I will let you know.

At least I am keeping busy and not obsessing over food!

Audrey

Good Morning All!

Early morning boot camp session done! Had my protein shake after and now nothing until a salad at dinner time. Trying to drink extra water too. Need to flush out any weekend indulgences.

Good luck fellow fasters!

Audrey

If that was me I wouldn’t have the energy to lift the fork to my mouth with that marathon session. Let alone the brain energy to obsess over food.

Hi Lori

Yes, Monday always feels like a day to get back on track and back to normal. A few months ago normal was eating everything I wanted…..now it hasn’t really changed, I still have more or less what I want – it is just my wants that have changed. Fasting has more than the obvious benefits. You don’t need to learn to listen to what your body needs, the body passing information without any concious though of effort. Brilliant! It takes two or three months to get to this stage though and then you can relax back and let your body talk to your subconscious……..

Ginette

Kate eve,

How is your first fast day going hope all is well keep in touch

Audrey

Hi Audrey
    So far so good! Quite enjoying it actually – now I didn’t expect that…it feels quite empowering if you know what I mean? I didn’t eat any breakfast as I know that once I start eating I just feel like eating more so I thought that this would be easier. Plenty of fluids though and haven’t felt too hungry. I will eat at tea time though (don’t want to give my body too much of a shock). How’s your day going? Not quite sure what you’re doing but it sounds fun! Kate Eve x

Hi Audrey, Ann, Kate, Lori, Ginette, Firehorse, Janey and all the other lovely ladies ..

Well done on sticking out your first fast day Kate.. we have all been there. It really does get easier.

Ann.. your story is inspirational to me. Wow.. imagine getting to your ideal weight and, more importantly, STAYING THERE for 6 months. You go girl! THAT is where I wasn’t to be in a year. I don’t think I have ever managed that. I have yo-yoed all my life and have been very slim at certain times, but manage to gain back everything and then some. I intend to use the 5:2 or even 4:3 to get to a reasonable weight and then to use 6:1 to stay there.. exactly what you seem to be doing. I also went through every diet out there and it has been useless.. but I really feel this might work. I also hardly EVER buy or eat processed food and try to eat organic whenever I can although it is not so widely available here (getting better, though). A big THANK YOU for posting.. it helps a lot of us, (certainly me) keep the faith.

Well, I have some good news to report: My dinner this evening was cancelled, and I had decided that I would fast all the way to dinner, so I will now be able to complete a fast day today. Tomorrow, I have a book club meeting (instead of another work dinner which was cancelled which means I can now attend the book club meeting). There are usually a bunch of very nice people and a whole lot of wine and cheese. So, if I get through today (Applepie, I will try to make it a liquid only day) and tomorrow (I will just refrain from the cheese and wine), I will have got through two fast days back to back, before I travel, and I should be well and truly back on track by next Monday. *Heavy sigh of relief!

One more question for you Applepie.. you said one fast day (350 cals) followed by a liquid fast day. These are the only 2 days you do, right? No more fasting for the rest of the week? I think I might try that.. I was under the impression that you do an additional fast day. No?

Well.. my fast day has been okay so far. I have been drinking black coffee and herbal teas non-stop. I also like the ginger lemon one. I did feel pretty hungry at around 12, but it passed and I am on a bit of a high right now. I will stay in the office and finish an ugly piece of work which will make me feel even more virtuous today (**polishing halo). I just thought to take a break and read the thread..

So wishing you all fasters and non-fasters a great day.. I will check in later this evening.

BTW.. Janey: well done on being on maintenance and managing it alright. Really great. what a star!

Hi kate eve,

I am doing well thanks, I never eat till later because when I start I find it difficult to stop!

Considering my first liquid only day, will let you know later if I pull it off, I am not too bad yet drinking lots is definitely the way to go.

Husband is up now (he works nights ) so he is busy in kitchen making sandwiches and cutting cake! I swear I can hear the cake being cut!

post later and let us know how you have got on and I will do same although I am planning on having an early bath then bed.

i have been busy playing on a new game on my wii that’s what I have been doing for hours today but I am very tired now!

Audrey

Well done Kate Eve, see, I told you you would enjoy it, isn’t it great to be in control of your weight?

Salma yes just the 2 fast days, sometimes we also have a “half fast Friday” eg eggs and bacon for tea so no wine. And of course no bread, never! a complete waste of calories as far as I am concerned.

Thanks Applepie.. I will see if I can manage that format. I am not sure I will pull today off as a liquid fast day, but so far so good. This would be my first ever!

Salma,

I too am trying to do a liquid only day for the first time, but I have got a soup out of freezer in case I don’t make it. Good luck with yours.

Applepie you are converting more n more of us to your way of fasting hehe.

Audrey

Just be determined! No matter what you will not eat today. Your brain will soon get fed up of sending hunger signals. Be stubborn! Then have an early night.

Audrey – put that soup back in the freezer!

Good luck!

I have eaten!

Couldn’t manage a liquid only day today but have only had 350 kcal so a good fast day for me.

Kate eve how are you managing, the 1st week is The worst.

Salma hope you are doing ok, or at least better than me.

Audrey

So far, so good with my fast, but I’m SO cold!! I’ve been drinking hot tea all day and just can’t get warm. I can’t wait to go out after work and get out of the A/C.

Sounds like everyone is having a good day!

Hi Kate

Well you are doing well on a first day. It really makes you feel good to achieve something you maybe once thought you would ever manage.

I’m the same as you…..once I start, I used to always be looking for the next thing. Not so now of course this really gives you back control.

Hi Salma

How lucky that dinner was cancelled. What a bonus to manage a fast day. So it seems like a lighter week than you first imagined.

Hi Apple pie

I find it difficult to imagine how you do them as well. You must really be so fit on the inside as well, a shame that you can’t see it. I got results on bloods all ok but I have to have another check in a month on sodium levels. Not sure if they are low or high. I will be told soon I hope and get a proper print out. Ok isn’t a measurable amount for me.

Audrey

Do you ache yet? I have just done 45 mins, that was enough. I followed that with the hoovering so now having a nice cup of teas. Let me know if you ever find out how to squeeze you abs!! This is in the hip hop I just about know where they are!!

My son phoned 5 mins before the end and is now used to be puffing and panting on the phone. So I drank 2 pints of water during that. I’m going to have to add a few more minutes if you are going at that speed as you will soon catch up. I did mostly boxercise the 11mins one and then 2 hip hop, the failing challenge was aerobics. I think they are all aerobic. I march up and down on the spot as I can’t really start jumping – I live in a flat.

I forgot to look how many calories I burnt though. You must have burnt loads. You will definetly be -calories today as I am sure I am.

Ginette

I wonder where Milena is? Maybe chasing veggies around her kitchen……….

Hi ginette

No aches or pains but I am tired so I am going to have a hot bath and an early night.

Will let you know in the morning how I am, night all

Audrey

Hi Lori

Just saw yours.

Yes I occasionally get cold on fast days without air conditioning. Do people at work know what you are doing? Not cold now as been doing some non stop exercise followed by hoovering while I still have the energy. Thought about cleaning the kitchen and bathroom floor, but decided that can wait for tomorrow. I have a steamer so there isn’t much effort involved…..but it can still wait.

Are you on a liquid day?

Ginette

Night Audrey…..

Hi girls..

I DID IT!
    My first ever liquid fast. I can’t believe I managed it.
    You are right Applepie, it really is not that difficult once you break through the pain barrier (of getting hungry around mid-day for me).
    I even went out with some fiends, but stuck with ginger tea and loads of sparkling water. No milk, no Bovril, nothing! I can’t believe I did it.
    I will attempt another fast day tomorrow and try to stick to 350 or 400 calories in the evening.. a reversal of your method, but should have the same results I hope.
    So, this week does not look like it’s going to be too bad after all. I am hoping against hope that the scales will be kind on Wednesday morning.

It’s funny, I am about to go to bed (to try to forget the hunger pangs that I am beginning to feel), but I couldn’t wait to get back home and tell my cyber friends my little success. I am sure I would be a crashing bore to other people if I spoke about fasts and calories and liquid diets, so I don’t outside of the safety and comfort of this forum.

So, a BIG thank you to all of you for putting up with my droning on.. it really is much appreciated.
    Well done to all who managed a fast today, especially the newbies.. it can seem really daunting when you start.

Good night everyone.

Well done Salma

What a great day it has turned out to be for you. You can drone on as much as you like – we all do!

Ginette

Hi all – evrryone sounds really upbest, grest

Hi Salma

We are the liquid fast club, bit like the mile high club but more exciting (haven’t joined the mile high club, dunno how exciting that is)! What have you started Appliepie?

Im supposed to be doing a fast day, but called out to be an ear for a friend, she had a small skinny latte for me, chuffed she had remembered Id switched from medium full fat. So kind, hadn’t the heart to tell her no costa coffees for six weeks. Hey ho, it was no costa coffees for four weeks then! If we had met in the pub it would have been a glass of fizzy for me – must remember go meet in the pub in future.

So no veggies were killed, Ginette, in fact none even chopped, I’ve only had a bowl of muesli today, the latte means I don’t have enough calories for a stir fry!

Doing one fast, one liquid fast and 5 days of max 800 cals this week, just need 1lb to reach my target for FBD. Steely determination kicking in. Have go do something special for the last week, as first day after I think Im planning 4000 calories in a day.

I know – rather defeats the purpose, but you all know Im mad!

Hi Milena..

mmmm.I love the sound of the 4000 cals..
    Much like having loads of money that you must spend on goodies.
    Right now I have had zero calories.. so.. can only dream
    I know! Applepie seems to have started a revolution. Who knew? I am the last person I would have thought would do this.

We don’t think you are mad.. just ‘interesting’ 🙂
    Nice to see you here.. you have been a bit off the radar recently..
    Have you started gym yet?

Hi Salma,

about to. Went to the sketchers outlet for trainers – cheap shoes, high prices, but my friend has two pairs of unworn trainers for me.

Starting at end of FBD, doing pressups and walking at the mo, hopefully my hula hoops will be here tomorrow or Wednesday. Think Im under 12 stone now, or at least tottering around that, so time to step up. Scary!

Trying to get my Christmas stock listed, apparently 220 or something days to Christmas, though we seem to have great selling to the end of February, stuck on sofa with laptop and television, so expecting to be busy this from now on, but I read your posts when I have a break. Its a hard job but someone has to do it!!!

Hope you all have a great week!!

Hi Milena

People are always trying to trip me up, but at home I can avoid it. Well she obviously needed you and I’m sure that latte was delicious. I’ve never had one, I like cappuccino though. I’m not sure what the difference is.

I have been invited out by my son this week…..first time ever. It is to a cavery so as I love vegetables and they will be the largest part of the meal. Problem is they are giving away a free ice cream so as much as I would like to resist I won’t. I will have the smallest one though even though I can have one of the bigger ones.

Nothing else planned this week apart from three fast days, first one has gone so will do Weds and Fri.

I’m glad you aren’t chasing veggies. What is your target them? Was it a six week target? I hope to break through a stone in six weeks. So far I have another three to go. I hope I can do it.

I thought it you had been busy.

Only 2 weeks to go……

Ginette

Salma – Well done!!!!!!!!

No, I am the last person you would have thought could do this. My mum always used to tell me
    “you can’t go out without any breakfast”
    and I believed her. On the rare occasions I had to have blood tests with “nothing to eat before you come” I literally thought I was going to die 🙂

It was reading about simcoeluv’s experiences on here that convinced me I could do it. He is the forum guru and he always does liquid only fasts. I thought, well if he can do it ……

Did a 350 calorie fast yesterday. Liquids only today, bring it on!

Milena? naughty thoughts, behave yourself 🙂 x

Good morning everyone..
    Bracing myself for a 350 cal fast day after a liquid only day yesterday. I have never done this before.. I hope I won’t faint or worse, scream at anyone at the office. I will report later.
    Best of luck for those fasting today too.

Hi everyone!

I usually post on Fat Busting Brits, hope you don’t mind if I also post here 🙂 love some of your comments, sounds lively. Have been doing FD 7 weeks, have lost 8 Ibs, whey hey!, have had some hi’s and low’s like anything, those who have read my posts in FBB will know I’m a biscuit thief, and though I don’t keep them at home, there’ are piles at work, so I fast on Tue (today) and Thurs and sometimes Fri, the other days, I work from home. Cannot believe that I’m losing weight, nothing has ever worked, so am getting very excited for the future. Have 1 1/2 stone to lose, and think it will start to slow down soon, I’m not fussed, I do a lot of exercise, so think that helps. I teach Zumba which has been my saving grace, in terms of fitness, but also I got fed up of being the chubby instructor (chubby sounds better than fat) already I feel more confident in class.

Here’s to happy FD’s and NFD’s 😉 Stay strong (I know I need to)

Hey gals – Well done everyone, you all sound so upbeat and positive, it’s inspiring! Salma you sound very brave with a liquid fast today, good luck with that.
    I managed fine yesterday (my first fast day) – felt like I ate way too much in the evening meal although well within the calorie allowance (and about a tenth of what I would normally eat of an evening…) I think I could have quite easily not eaten at all yesterday, but hopefully that will be a useful tweak for the future when things slow down.
    See, I’m convinced this is going to work for me. Even today I notice a little less bloat around my belly and interestingly don’t feel hingry at all this morning yet (thought I’d be starving). Didn’t sleep at all well, but I gather that’s common.
    Thanks for all your cheerleader comments, and nice to meet you Beldyboop! I too am getting ‘excited for the future’. Gardening all day today – I look after several, plus run a tiny nursery. Need to try and catch the Chelsea Flower Show coverage at some point though.
    Have a good day all.

Well done salma and kate eve for making it through yesterday.

I did a 400 kcal fast and had an early night.

Ginette talked me into a new exercise game for my wii called exerbeat so I spent hrs playing on that, good way to burn calories, but I was very tired last night.

Hope you manage your next day today salma and kate enjoy your food but count your calories and don’t go over.

Morning to everybody else

Have a good day

Audrey

Forgot to say I lost 1.5 lb this week, this is .5 overall because of the gain last week but I am really pleased

Back to exerbeat for me today!

beldyboop

Everyone is welcome here, i am glad 5 2 is working for you too!

Happy fasting or feasting everyone

Audrey

Good Morning all!

Up early and had planned to go to boot camp this morning again, but I had a rough night and my hips and legs are quite achy from yesterday’s session. Best to take today off and hit it again tomorrow. I think I was restless from my sore legs and also because it was quite warm overnight. Plus, my cat got me up when I had only been in bed for a couple hours. Sigh………the trip down the stairs to put her out was enough to really interrupt my sleep.

I had a good fast day yesterday, although probably went slightly over my 500 calorie allowance. I admire you that do a total liquid fast. Not sure I could manage that, especially on a day when I do boot camp. I had a huge salad with chicken last night and then a bit of cheese and a few pretzels later. The cheese and pretzels are my downfall. I really must stop buying them!

Ok…it’s coffee and feet up for me. My legs are killing me!

Have a good day!

Morning all – the sun is shining, summer is coming, and we should all be feeling upbeat – well if can can feel summery in Scotland, it will be easy for everyone!

Ive been planning my week, as always. Thought I might share my thoughts and plans with you – please go to the next post if you are easily bored, I wont be offended.

My fast day went over just a little, so doing another today, so Ill keep you company, Salma. Easy peasy! Well perhaps not easy, but you won’t suffer, you might find extra energy, I usually do. After all, it is perfectly possible to fast for a week , a month or even longer. Just 24 hours and then you can forget about restricting for five days. Or perhaps not forget, but be mindful.

And that is when it starts to work, tomorrow 1000 or 1200 calories will feel like a real feast. Being mindful, restricting treats and rubbish but not everything, whether or not you count calories, is the way to go, in my book.

Might be talking nonsense, but saving a couple of hundred calories a day makes all the difference for me, after all its a thousand calories a week, two fast days will save around 2000 calories, a little more on a liquid fast, and you can save the magic 3500 calories, a pound a week.

So far Ive managed more, but my plan has always been a pound a week, average over the year, sometimes the body is kind and shifts more, as you all know I often really restrict, but the plan remains a pound a week. The plan has also been a twelve months plan, thats 50 lbs, which is huge, but its still a pound a week.

Who would set a target above 50 lbs a year?

I have planned 50 which I think is an ambitious but a realistic target. I thought aiming for 50 and reaching 30 would be marvellous, because I would then face a second year with a measly 20 to lose. Easy! I’ve actually now planned a 70 or even 80 lb loss, but that is in next years plan. Daft to make the plan even harder.

Aiming for 50 in six months might be doable, but wouldn’t be at all easy. Blummin difficult to my mind to change from overeating to eating 7000 calories a week less than you need, especially if, like me, you only need 12000 (the average is 2000 x 7 = 14000). I think that woukd be setting myself up for failure, as my mantra is ‘this is the last time I am going to lose weight’ whats the point in risking failure. Note that getting to 30 lbs in a year WOULD NOT BE A FAILURE. How could it be, reach for the stars, you may get to the moon. And the stars are even closer!!

Interestingly, looks like I’ll manage 2lb a week on FBD, but that is just for 6 weeks, and I am desperate to get to the end. But it might be 6lb banked against a future plateau.

So this FBD, flitting around, having extra fasts, doing without wine for six weeks, which is really difficult for me, more so than missing biscuits or ice-cream, is to bank a few pounds, for the weeks when there will be no loss and for the days I plan to overeat.

I keep a diary, and Ive diaried my target weight each week.

There are loads of ways to tackle weight loss, but if you have a big target, choose a big timescale, so when impatience starts whispering, know that you are on course, Plan the breaks. If you have planned to be at 12lbs after 4 months, because you gave yourself a month to get going, and planned any holidays, perfect. If its 9lbs, give yourself a kick and be hard on yourself – just for two weeks. Still not on target, go steady for two eeeks, then go hard again for two weeks. Do the catch up, or adjust your diary targets, or both.

Ive planned extra weightloss weeks to get past no-weightloss weeks, like holidays. Ive planned a three week plateau.

Im well over 30 lbs down at under 5 months, on target, a little ahead in fact.

Perfect planning prevents piss poor performance. Fail to plan, plan to fail. Lots of sayings from my sales days. But in selling it was always a year long target, always huge, and always easier once planned.

So everyone, when I exasperate you all with my flitting and changing, you will see its all part of a grand plan. Works for me.

Even if I occasionally scare all the veg!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 5,077 total)

You must be logged in to reply.