Making Friends?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kirstyweightjourneyx 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Hi All I Am New To The 5:2 Diet My Name Is Kirsty & I Am 26 From The UK.
    I Am 11 Stone 5 & Would Like To Get Down To 9 Stone I Am Going To Try The 5:2 Diet & Having Monday & Thursday As My Fast Days.
    I Am Looking To Get Some Friends On The Diet To Chat To & Keep Each Other Motivated.
    I Have Lost Nearly 4 Stone Before By Calorie Counting Eating 1000 Calories But I Have 2 Children Now Riley 4 & My 6 Month Old Daughter Rosie & Thought Would Suite My Lifestyle Much Better Doing 5:2 Will Be Also Careful On My NFD’s & Using My Fitbit.
    Hope Somebody Would Like To Make Friends 😊?
    Kirsty xxx

Hi Kristy

Welcome to 5:2. The 4 stone weight loss sounds great. I am 34, and currently weigh 76.6kgs, would like to get to 65kgs. I started the 5:2 a couple of weeks ago. Did it earlier for a short time but was not as motivated. I have lost a little over 3kgs, this really works. I am having an FD today. My FD’s are on Tuesday & Thursday And on Saturday I am extremely careful with what I eat. I would be happy to be friends and check in everyday. Have a nice day.

Hi Rahul,
    Thankyou for your reply today is my fast day to 😊 how are you getting on? I don’t feel as bad today as I did Monday lol hoping you get used to the fast days lol will be lovely to keep intouch and see how each other is getting on.
    I got to 9 stone before but put on weight during pregnancy & holiday πŸ™ˆ oops lol hope get to our goals this time I’m not really thinking of it being a diet more of a lifestyle change as I want to keep weight off this time😊
    Well done already losing 3kgs wb xxx

Hi Kristy, hope you had a good FD. I struggled a bit yesterday, I usually have a coffee with milk and a little sugar for bfast and then 2 glasses of buttermilk at lunch then a light dinner of vegetables and lentils. Yesterday I had a small bowl of papaya for bfast after having coffee and I was extremely hungry especially by late afternoon. I had painful hunger pangs. Its never happened on an FD before.I have an NFD today. Yesterday was an FD and I gained 100gms ;)But I am not worried, I feel so much better, my clothes are much looser. I feel that I should stop weighing myself everyday but I cant help it. And to be honest I am not really affected by the numbers anymore. These FD’s make me so appreciative of my NFD’s. I look forward to my meals, my portion sizes have gone down drastically. I had a couple of treats this morning, but I just took a couple of small bites and was content and also didn’t feel guilty about it. I have also started walking for an hour every morning.So all in all its going well. I have significantly cut down on carbs, I used to love eating rice but haven’t had it in a while and don’t particularly miss it. I also don’t snack in between meals and I find that it helps to control the hunger dragon. No more sugar and junk food cravings.
    I will be going for dinner to a friends place tomorrow, so plan to be extra careful with my meals tomorrow. I also plan to do an additional FD on Sunday.
    Have a nice day πŸ™‚

Hey 😊.
    Sounds to me like your doing great so happy for you don’t let the numbers get you down I always think if scales have gone up I actually find it makes me work harder. I Think walking is amazing I go walking about an hour everyday aswell & really enjoy it I think walking & dancing really helped me lose the 4 stone before I also go on scales every morning & have lost 5lbs since Monday πŸ˜„ think mostly water weight tho from my holiday πŸ˜‰ but still very pleased I try not to go on scales everyday but can’t help myself lol 😊.
    I Just going to stick at 2 days fasting this week I think I was tempted to fast today but think I’ll wait until weight loss slows down or stops before adding an extra day or goes up the scales change there mind everyday.
    Have a great NFD I always eat what I like as long as no more than 1400 calories 😊.
    Kirsty xxx

Hi Kristy how are you doing? Dancing sounds like a great way to lose weight and it must be a lot of fun too. I had a good NFD yesterday and having a decent FD today. I haven’t had any hunger pangs today which is a first for me. This is my 6th or 7th FD.
    It’s my 3rd FD this week since I went to dinner at a friends yesterday, I ate sensibly which I am happy about. I will be doing an early morning hike with friends tomorrow, and we will probably have breakfast out. So I feel safe doing an FD today. I have decided to weigh myself only next Sunday. I have been fluctuating between 76.6/7&8 for the last week and it’s a little disappointing that after 3 FD’s the scales won’t move in spite of being extra careful on NFD’s and FD’s. I don’t want to get trapped in the number game. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day:)

Sounds like your doing great Still & Yer don’t weigh until Next Sunday would be The Best Idea If Still No Weightloss Maybe Try A Week Of Eating No More Than You Would On A Non Fast Day & Then Go Straight Back To The 5:2 To Really Shock Your Body & Boost You Metabolism I Did This Before (when I lost the 4 stone) & Results The Week After Was Great 😊.
    I Am Really Pleased I Have Lost Another Pound So 6lbs so far 😊.
    I love dancing I Have a Wii and all the just dance games & have started to do 30 mins every NFD πŸ˜„ I Love It.
    Bet You Looking Forward To Your Hike Really Lovely You Doing It With Friends That Will Keep You Motivated & Be More Enjoyable.
    Looking Forward To See How You Get On Tomorrow 😊.
    Kirsty xxx

Hi, I am still doing okay. Didn’t weigh myself as decided 😊Went for a short hike today, had breakfast outside but chose a steamed option and when friends ordered some dessert ate 3 tsps and stopped so was pleased with myself. I don’t get food cravings anymore it’s such a relief. Will have an FD tomorrow l am looking forward to it. Let’s see how this week goes and then might follow your suggestion. Great to hear that the scales are moving for you. You must be thrilled. It’s always a great feeling Have a good week. When is your next FD?

Hey Rahul,
    Really pleased that you don’t get food cravings anymore & how well you did only having 3 spoonfuls of pudding are you writing down your calories? I use the my fitness pal App 😊.
    I’m doing fast day today so far I’ve just had a 10 calorie jelly & 9 strawberrys & feeling ok keeping very busy making my frames (I Make personalised frames & sell them on eBay)
    So Not really thinking about food which is great going to have a small tea later & Keep in the 500 calories.
    I’m So Pleased with weight coming off I can’t believe how well I’m doing on this diet I Have heard about it before but thought it would be to hard seems to be fitting into my life wonderfully tho 😊.
    On NFD’s I don’t seem to feel as hungry do you? Tb xxx

Hi Kristy,
    I am on a weight loss high too, even if the number on the scales is not going down rapidly I am able to fit into clothes I haven’t worn in months:)I dont count calories, find it really cumbersome, I will give it a shot though. Since I have started this I really eat healthy and have even stopped eating rice which I love. I dont feel hungry on NFD’s too, a great side effect of the FD’s I think. I also dont have any snacks in between my main meals, that has helped me a lot. Have a nice day:)

Hi Kristy, long time no news, how is it going? Do drop a line. I am doing well, have an NFD today and plan to do an FD tomorrow.

Hi Rahul,
    I Haven’t Lost Any More Weight But Haven’t Gained Any I’m Going To Make Sure I Get In All My Steps Today I’m On A NFD Day Are You Counting Calories On NFDs? I Was naughty and had a mcdonalds on Wednesday lol fast day yesterday tb xxx

Hi Kristy,

That shouldnt be an issue I think. Its okay to indulge from time to time and our Fast days takes care of it. I had days too when there was no weight loss, but the scales move eventually and the best judge is our clothes and how we feel.
    I am having an FD today. Easy so far. I indulged on the weekend for the first time since i started this diet, it felt good πŸ™‚

Hey 😊,
    Glad you enjoyed your weekend I’m having a fast day today think I’m doing well & not been to hard so far πŸ’—.
    I Think Your right about the clothes I not going to weigh until at least Friday as sick of seeing the same 11 stone 1lb lol think it’s stuck there as it knows I want to be down in the 10s lol.
    Hope your fast day going well?
    Kirsty x

I’ve recently started 5:2. Yes I need to lose weight, but the most surprising difference I’ve noticed is how more focused I am, in all that do. I have more energy eating less food, even on FD, and I feared feeling awful. Just waiting for the weight loss to join in.

Aww Your Mote Than Welcome To Join In This Will Be My 3rd Week Doing 5 2 Diet & Lost 7Lbs So Far 6 The First Week 1 The Second.
    Feeling Abit Happier Already Still Have Just Over 2 Stone To Lose But Feeling Postive Not Weighing On Friday Hoping To Lose Another Pound At Least How Much Would You Like To Lose?
    Kirsty x

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply.