Love the diet and hunger tip

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  camcat 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I started the diet in May this year and lost 3kg in first couple of weeks. Stopped for a while due to increase in work and stress in June/July, I was worried about “getting sick” due to less calories/food intake. Well, I got sick anyway with a bad cold, so I can forget about that theory!

Started again last week and will keep going now. Besides the weight loss I love the clarity of mind and I feel like my IQ has increased the day after a fast day, can think more clearly and feel generally happier.

One drink that gets me through my fast days (I skip dinner) is a chocolate drink with stevia as the sweetener. 2 teaspoons have 4 calories. I have a few of these at night with soy milk and it keeps my hunger at bay and feels comforting. The brand available in Australia is Vitarium
    http://www.vitarium.com.au/product/premium-chocolate/

Hello,

I realised over time that I started (unconsciously at first) to split my days into different sections and that has helped me break the fast day into “digestible” 🙂 parts. I really have no problems with the part after breakfast until supper. I am at work and focused on that and time just flies. What is more difficult is the part after a 200 calories supper – but then, you will soon go to bed and “sleep away” most of the remaining hours, although I occasionally do have problems to sleep. Thankfully, with a kid around and a job as a manager, I am normally tired enough to fall asleep more or less immediately in the evening when I have a chance to :). I sometimes try to read a bit to distract myself from any hunger, but now after a year I have got so used to it that I do not really find a problem in it. Interestingly, the hunger (which is not that desperate hunger you could feel when you were not on this diet but something you just notice and then ignore more or less) kind of makes me more motivated to fight against it. I think this is one of the things that I truly enjoy – I have learnt to fight my own hunger which seems to have positive implications on other areas of life. I know that I can say no, that I am strong enough – which has increased my self-confidence.

Just as you, I really enjoy the clarity of mind that the diet brings (well, you need to deduct the impact of too little sleep due to a managerial job, information overload at work and a child at home that requires most of your attention after work! – so I still find myself a bit absent-minded at times). I also enjoy my changed physiology – my body is leaner and I just feel a whole lot better. The real proof whether this works or not will be when we look at ourselves in the mirror at the age of 50 🙂

Hi Tobias

It sounds like your plan is working well with your busy schedule, congratulations! I can relate to what you say about saying no to the hunger and just ignoring it, it does get easier with practice. I find my hunger is not as strong as I expected. Though it does feel strange to go to bed hungry, but I remind myself that when I wake up, its a normal eating day, so its not a big deal. This is the first diet I have ever been on and I am really happy to see my weight slowly coming off. I have been a bit in denial about my creeping waistline and kilos and decided to do something about it. I am 45 and plan to make this part of my lifestyle, and like you say, be happy with what I see (and feel) when I am 50!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.