Love Reading this Blog

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I have been following this blog for a couple of months but never participated. I want people to know that weight is just one way of measuring success with the 5-2 Fast. I have lost a a little weight but gained important changes inside. I signed up with a local hospital to be
    in a 10 week study by watching what I ate and exercising. They did blood tests the first day and at the end of the 10 weeks
    to see if there was a difference. During the 10 weeks I had 2 trips planned, and I never diet when on a trip. About 3 weeks into the study I had an injury that put me in a boot for 7weeks which means my 3-4 times a week cardio came to a halt. I happened to see Dr. Mosley’s PBS special and decided to give it a try. I was on the 5-2 Fast about 6 weeks when the 10 week study ended. I was really afraid to have my labs done since I had exercised very little due to my injury. I was shocked by my results. My total cholesterol dropped 9, HDL +10, LDL -5, my Triglycerides dropped a whopping 69 points. I am so pleased with these results. This time of year is really bad for me and just about everyone when it comes to eating. If I can make it from Thanksgiving to New Years with no weight gain I will be very happy. Starting January 1st I will be amping up my exercise and will be eating more healthy. Keep going and stay strong. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

raschwandner, that is great news! There are quite a few people (I think…) who do this way of life not for losing weight but for the other health benefits such as the ones you describe.

Best of luck
    Stef.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.