Losing fat but not weight

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Vivian 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi Everyone,

Interested to know if anyone had this experience. I have been doing the diet for around 6 weeks now. Did the weighing and measuring at the start. I don’t have scales at home so have not been weighing myself since starting but my clothes are looser and I can fit into trousers that were uncomfortably tight a while ago. I eventually weighed myself at the gym last night and my weight is exactly the same as it was 6 weeks ago, but waist measurement has reduced by 5cm – how does that work ? I accept that the scales may not be accurate – but they are the same ones that I originally weighed myself on. Interested in your thought / comments.

Best wishes

Vivian

So far, and I’m only on the third week, my pants are looser but the scale shows no change. Kind of frustrating, as I would very much like to see the numbers on the scale move!

I lost 6 lbs then seemed to put 2 llbs on. Now the scales seem stuck at 10st. I look a better shape. The weight seems to be redistributing. IM definately not eating too much on other days. Its all very odd.

Hi everyone. You are all probably replacing fat with muscle, especially if you are working out. Thats not a bad thing. I started 10 days ago and noticed that my weight hasn’t changed, but my jeans are definitely slipping and now require a belt. But the main thing is I feel so much better already. This is probably going to have to be a life style change. The people who have had the most success are those who have been on the diet for several months or a year. I’ve heard said that the best way to loose weight is slow and steady, and that is the best way to keep it off.
    Keep in touch with these forum posts, and together we will see if we are getting the changes in our body shape that we are looking for. Chrissie UK

Hi, thanks everyone. There is a really encouraging thread on this very subject started by Annette52 @19.49 yesterday, 13 Aug (if you’re clothes are looser but the scales are the same) in the benefits and side effects section.

Best wishes

Vivian

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.