Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,651 through 3,700 (of 16,657 total)

• My oven chips were very good. I’ve eaten too much today, but it’s the first time I’ve done so in the best part of 12 weeks, and that is nothing short of a miracle.
    Back to business tomorrow with B2B fasts.
    I just need to finish this wine………………

Thanks RT . I never thought I would get it all off again . NOW I KNOW I Can :). You are doing great yourself . Everyone is doing great on this thread :).

Aussie you are having a very busy time of it pal , But some of it really rewarding . I have always loved dogs .xx

I used to be 4 ft 11 and three quarter inches but I have shrunk lol and I had to take my 25 inch trousers legs all up another inch lol .

My OH always said I was the height of nonsense lol .

Wee xx

Well done, Weemam.

Amazon, I hope your back can be helped soon. Pain is so exhausting.

Jojo, it’s great to hear that you are having a fun time.

Nicky, how did the session at Mt Lofty go?

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Hi Amazon, sorry to hear you’re suffering with a bad back. I have a weak back, so know how debilitating back pain can be: lot of years ago now I compressed 2 discs and herniated disc material into the sciatic nerve root. Fingers crossed the osteopath can sort you out.

AO, glad to hear Mum and pups doing well. Sorry they’re all boys! We’re you hoping for a brood bitch? Or is it just a sale/ sale price issue? When I was growing up the family were involved in breeding and showing terriers… Happy times!

Jojo, glad to hear you’re having a good time, and getting some well deserved attention!

Weemam i have just had a light bulb moment 💡
    BTB 5-2FD
    2 RDO days
    then a 4-3 FD
    that is 7 from 10 in fast days
    Quite clearly a phenomenal outstanding performance…
    The bar has been officially raised people

Rouge
    I’m the same way.
    My schedule changes and I start thinking of ways to make it work.

Light bulb moments is just how I feel too!
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_idea.gif
    —-
    Edit
    Wait I missed someone’s back getting hurt. Sorry to hear it. Take you’re time to heal.
    Put off fasting if you’re injured until your GP gives the ok is my opinion. Wishing you well.

Hi everyone

Wee – the height of nonsense, love it! 😆

SAMM and RT – so focussed and organised. You both put me to shame.

Jojo, glad to hear you having a great time, and some attention too.

Sorry Amazon to hear of bad back – hope you get some relief quickly. Oven chip mmmmm!

AO, you have had a busy time and now with 4 new puppies to look after.

Thanks everyone for encouraging words. The fern class ended with 8 participants which is 3 more than break-even. Lovely people with lots of interesting questions and such enthusiasm! Good/bad for my ego 😉

First of my usual b2bs today, so far so good. Am at Lofty again to tidy up from yesterday and even managed to resist biscuits on the lunch room table left over from yesterday’s lunch. Had cup of tea and 3 strawberries (also leftovers) but no more until salad dinner tonight with tiny bit of ham.

Aussie mates, Dr M’s meat-eating program is on SBS tonight at 7.30pm. I will record because I missed it last time round and will probably want to re-watch, as have done with Fast Diet and Fast Exercise programs.

Keep up the good work all.

Hi again.

Wee, forgot to say that according to our friend Dr Google, pumpkin seeds (pepitas) are 54% carb but about a third of that is dietary fibre.

Good spotting Nicky ill have a front row seat
    thank you

Weemam are you planning to dry the butternut seeds yourself? What a great idea, I usually throw them out! Thanks for the idea. And isn’t zinc good for fingernails and hair too SAMM? My nails need help!

Just in from all day renovating veggie patch and planting summer veggies and herbs. Planning stuffed mushrooms for FD dinner. Got some huge ones from the market and am going to stuff them with ricotta and herbs, yum! Have to be really good as big Cup Day lunch at a friends tomorrow, she is a great cook so will need all my willpower. My weight loss has slowed after initial big drop, but still steady even if slow.

Just losing the insatiable sweet tooth has been reward enough for starting 5:2, amazing the power of our brains. Now that I can have it, I don’t crave it!

I hope your Osteopath has been able to help Amazon, back pain is awful and so restricting.
    How great to hear your holiday such a success jojo, hope you had that special dinner!

Morning/evening all.
    Thanks everyone for kind words and concerns regarding my back. I am looking forward to my appointment this afternoon and feeling positive that it will start to feel better very soon.
    SAMM it is not an injury, but a recurrent sacro iliac joint problem and has been causing pain on and off since the end of June. Losing weight is a good thing as there is less strain on my joints, and exercise and stretching is providing temporary relief, and building up muscle to help support it.

It is a cold, dull and damp wintry morning and has been raining for most of the night 🙁

Nicky, I’m glad to here your teaching day went well, and that you resisted the biscuits.

Everyone else seems to be doing well, which is great.

First day of 2 B2Bs this week. I tried ADF and it was OK, but I’m going for 4 fasts a week this week and next, and I think I’ll do ADF when I come back from Cuba, when it will be the countdown to silly eating season 😉

Evening/morning everyone.

Amazon I hope your back has got at least some relief.

Thanks everyone for hoping we got a girl but it was not to be. The boys are doing well and I have just come in from giving them a top up for the night. Only about 20ml between the 4 and mum got the rest.

I’ve not been online tonight and am updating from the phone.

Great results from wee and rt but we’re all winners with our losses.

Still recovering from the weekend but had a successful fast day today and will try for b2b plus one more fd this week.

Sorry if I didn’t mention by name every one but I think of you all just can’t go back to check out who did what. Please forgive me for not mentioning you all. I hope to be fully back to myself tomorrow 😀

Good morning everyone from a fresh sunny morning here in Scotland .

I am with AO I just can’t remember everyone’s names BUT I do feel as if we are all very good friends now .I can imagine all of you in my head as I read the individual posts 🙂

Nama ..yes I was going to roast the seeds as I thought they would be good for us . I can’t do it today we are taking my lovely Dad out :). I might give it a go tomorrow .
    Nicky thanks for the info pal .

Amazon I do hope you feel a bit better after your appointment pal .

Thanks RT and SAMM and everyone else too . I just love how everyone is so positive . I know I have a way to go yet but yesterday I got funny kind of compliment . Ross said ” Mam you look so wee” He said since I have lost weight I look smaller ( hight ways) . If I shrink in height much more I will be gone lol . Every time I go to visit now he comments on how nice I look
    I always like to look smart but since loosing the weight I put more thought into it and I am really into nice scarves too .

Well I have to be off shortly and take dad out . Just going to Lidl today :)..

Wee xx

AO, you don’t need to mention everyone by name. You must be really tired after your eventful weekend. Take it easy on yourself and I hope the fasting goes well 🙂

Good evening Fasttrackers,
    I am just doing a quick post before dinner. Lost three games of bowls now so not so good. Done lots of walking and dancing but I don’t think the food will be cancelled out even though I am missing on of the three meals. I am having a much bigger breakfast and dinner than at home but I am avoiding the puddings and ice cream.

My date did not go well but never mind, plenty more fish in the sea. I am off to Ireland soon, can’t resist a bit of the blarney.

Sorry about you back Hermaj, it’s a bugger. I am suffering both hip and knee pain which is really hell at night. Still determined to enjoy every minute of my holiday though. New puppies eh? Sounds like lots of work

Well done losers, glad someone is taking it seriously, dreading my weigh in on Sat but it will focus me to get back on ADF.

Love Jojo xxx

Amazon,
    Did you reach your Cuba target?
    Pack those dancing shoes.
    I have just bought some red sparky ones in the end of season sale 12 euros, they are fabulous.
    Have a great holiday
    Jojo xxx

Hi jojo,

Thanks for the good wishes, but my back is fine. MY only problem is getting it off the bed of a morning. 🙂

I believe it’s Amazon who is suffering at the moment. Hope it improves quickly Amazon. Bad backs and Transatlantic flights don’t go well together.

Hiya Jojo nice to hear from you . sorry you were disappointed but as you say “plenty of fish in the sea”or ” you have to kiss a few frogs …..

They say little things mean a lot . 2 little things happened today and have made me so happy . If you remember I wrote a poem about my lovely Aunt Mary . she was my Mams sister . Both sadly gone with that horrible Alzheimers .

They both left me their gold watches and sadly they have never fitted me BUT today they BOTH fit me ,this has made me happier than you can imagine . I wear my Mams wedding ring and engagement wring all the time so she is always with me . I am over the moon today

love to you all

Wee xx

Evening all.

I’ve just been to see the osteopath and all went well. Apparently I’m doing all the right things exercise wise and just need to keep it up and see her again next week 🙂

Jojo, I don’t go until 20th so have another 2 weeks of fasting to go, and am on target to reach my pre holiday goal.
    Shame the date was a disappointment, whoever said you have to kiss a lot of frogs was spot on!

I was really hungry when I arrived at the osteopath’s clinic, but completely forgot about it until I got home. I’ve fasted 22 hours and had a bowl of soup followed by chicken and mushroom risotto with salad, and am really full despite the whole lot only totalling 430 calories!
    And I know this sounds stupid, but my jeans are looser than when I went in for my treatment. Whatever she did has released some tension or something………

I’ve not driven in the dark since last winter, and it was great despite being the rush hour. I learnt to drive during the winter months, usually after work so it was always dark, and I’m really happy driving at night. I even found a parking space in my street and didn’t have to leave the car outside the chip shop 😆

Have a great evening.

Hiya Amazon I am glad it all went well pal and well done on the fast too . isn’t it a great feeling . My OH must be so fed up to the back teeth with me pulling my trousers at the bum and saying ” that’s another pair getting baggier” lol.

I am sure you will make it to your goal in time :)..

I remember with my three pregnancies OH had to drag me past the chip shop . That was my craving lol xx

Wee xx

I knew I would be really hungry by the time I got home, so I had precooked the risotto and heated it up while I was having my soup.
    The chip shop is just round the corner, too near for comfort. Having said that, I went past one day last week and the smell of it did nothing for me. I’m not sure if that is good or bad…………….

I would say that is REALLY REALLY GOOD 🙂 xx

Well done Amazon with resisting the fish ‘n chippery 😆 and glad you’ve got some relief with your back. When in pain we subconsciously tense everything up so I’m sure we hold onto everything too.

Wee that’s a great, sort of, compliment you got there.

Jojo glad you’re having a great time, even though the date didn’t work out so well.

This morning I only make scrambled eggs for mum as she’s feeding babies … this is possibly the last morning for this, otherwise I make her her “regular” meal so she ends up with two, sometimes three, full sized meals per day while feeding babies. With four babies it’s two for first two weeks then see how she goes and adjust day by day until weaning is completed as we start babies on a little bit of “solids” around week 3 or if the babies are draining mum too much we start them at least half a week earlier.

I’m on a B2B FD today … will see how I go and will see if I want to continue for the next 2 days as well. I don’t feel hungry on FD’s and yesterday was an accidental FD (forgot to take lunch with me so had a cup of Bovril at lunchtime and always a low cal dinner during the week – 450 cals).

Now that I’m more awake I’ll try to mention everyone else by name 😉 here goes:

SAMM, RT, Hermaj, Nicky, Bay, PVE, Tartan, Happy, Emel, Smiffy, Lizzy, Ply, Nama, Amazon, Wee, Jojo … oh no, the brain’s gone all fuzzy, can’t remember if there are any more!! Apologies if I’ve missed anyone just so many to recall.

Lol Aussie you make me feel so much better now that I can’t remember all the names BUT you must be so so tired XXXXXXXXX

Wee xx

SAMM 😆

Oh SAMM you are so funny …. I don’t think jojo plans to eat those frogs does she! Great you have had a good break jojo, plenty of time to fast when you get home. We are all behaving on your behalf, we don’t want detention when you return!

Glorious morning in Melbourne. I am up much earlier then usual as have to bake for the big lunch today. I will be motivated to behave though, as another .6 kg gone this morning, total of 6.3 gone now. The best feeling! I think I will stick to mineral water today too as I am a very “cheap drunk” and don’t want my judgement clouded with food choices today.

Weemam I got goosebumps reading about your watches fitting, so precious to remember favourite Aunts and of course your Mum. I had a special Aunt growing up, also Mary! My family all came from Ireland originally, one reason I think I love our country cottage so much. It is in the “High Country” of Victoria, very cold and very green and many people say it reminds them of Ireland. I am waffling again, need to get baking… Have a lovely day all.

Good morning fasting mates from the southern end of the world.

SAMM – you’re so quick 😆

Glad Amazon you’re getting some relief, and so good you’re already doing the right things. As AO said, sometimes ‘letting go’ relaxes us.

Yesterday for me was the best fast day for ages with only 310C consumed, despite unscheduled strawberries. I remember Purple and others singing their praises in the lo-cal department.

Dr M’s meat eating program was broadcast here last night. OH watched with great interest and suggested we stop getting ham and have more veg-based meals!!! This from the carnivore extraordinaire! Not sure he realizes how many veg are concealed in things like my pasta sauces 😉 – a Bamix is a great ally.

It’s going to be easier to have ‘permission’ to increase the veg-heavy meals on the menu instead of having to sneak them in. He’s also now really supportive of my IF lifestyle, especially on non-FDs. He always bought several pastry delicacies for a treat at the local bakery on our Thursday grocery trips but now limits himself to buying one small item which we share for supper.

Today wearing a shirt which hasn’t been outside the gate since just after I bought it a few years ago because it was a bit tight around the middle but now … tadah! For some unaccountable reason have been feeling fat lately but caught sight of myself in a mirror yesterday and didn’t look too bad so feeling better now. How illogical of me.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Hi Nama

Lovely day too here in Adelaide – 24oC predicted.

Happy baking. I always have sparkling mineral water too. Apart from hating the taste of alcohol, the remainder of the afternoon at work would be VERY unproductive 😉

Hope your horse wins.

Good news, Amazon.

Hi Nicky, Nama, Bay

I am reserving judgement on today’s treatment until tomorrow morning, but am feeling positive. I’ve had a couple of very uncomfortable nights of disturbed sleep due to pain, and am hoping that tonight will be an improvement.

Tomorrow the forecast is for 11C :brr: with lots of sunshine so I’ve arranged to meet a friend for a walk in Kew Gardens.

Nicky you must live near to my friend who is less than a 10 minute drive from Mt Lofty Botanical Gardens. Small world isn’t it 😛

Early night for me, see you all tomorrow or later depending on where you are 🙂

Hi fast trackers
    Been away from the world of the internet. Lovely break by the beach, lots of eating and drinking, long beach rambles, compliments from friends re my size 8 clothes and no weight gain. Woohoo!

A quick skim shows me, Amazon, that you have been suffering. I hope your back repairs quickly for Cuba.

We watched Dr M’s meat doco last night Nicky and OH, also a carnivore, had the same reaction as yours. As we have an empty fridge from being away, I will not replace the processed meats. There is bowel cancer in my family, so it makes sense. We’ve done it before, can do it again. Nice to have Dr M to regularly bring us back to our senses!

I’d better get the loads of washing out.
    Cheers all P.

Hi guys Nama – 6.3 wow wee wolf whistle i must have missed the updates fantastic work and im sure satisfying this thread is so full of people doing different things with the same concept it is awesome people here are not afraid to step right out of the comfort zone with B2B 5-2 FD AFD 4-3 and some rebels and you know who you are 7 out of 10 FD how can this be?? 😯 IM INSPIRED and being dragged along for the ride in the back seat on the big bus of life where the wheels on the bus go round and round..
    All Power To Us

Nicky or one of my other SA fasters who use myfitnesspal would you be so kind as to enter a 145g foodland pasty and post the calories please?
    I have and have to say I am alittle shocked at the results
    We are the pride of South Australia
    Foodland The Mighty south Aussies

http://www.yogajournal.com/article/practice-section/sweet-surrender-3/

http://www.m.webmd.com/back-pain/sleeping-positions-for-people-with-low-back-pain

@amazon

Are you aware of yoga sleeping position.
    I find it very restful if ive hard a back ache from work.

not myself to your issue . I mean to say the yoga sleep position is for helping the body to sleep with less stress on pressure points.

RT it’s 274calories for a 145g Foodland Pasty 😀

Hi to everyone else, just home from work a short time ago so about to have a coffee, then dinner tonight … only had one Bovril today so only 10 cals so far 😀

Aussie O god bless you thats the same as me??
    who knew how can this be??
    i dont care 2 pasties and a cup a soup
    on a FD day
    slap me now
    dont wake me i’m dreaming 😆

RT be thankful for small mercies 😆 …

FD for me and it looks like I’ll be on a grand total of 351 calories on a FD using a recipe that I’ve used for years now using low fat mince but I made the recipe using 1kg of mince with the other ingredients plus extra steamed veggies. I don’t usually want anything more after dinner so I’m a happy lass 🙂 .

Morning/evening all.
    It is a beautiful cold sunny morning and the sun is going to stay with us all day 🙂
    SAMM, thanks for the links. I slept well last might but wok up in pain, a hot pack has helped that, and some stretching and exercise will help further. My back is always very stiff first thing and it isn’t this morning, so something has happened. Good news methinks.
    Purple, glad you enjoyed your break, and well done on not bringing any excess baggage home!
    Apart from bacon once a week, and chorizo, which I’ve not had for nearly three months, I rarely eat processed meats. I probably buy it 5 or 6 times a year so I’m not going to stress over it.
    I don’t know what a Foodland pasty is but it doesn’t sound good to me. I have never been fond of the combination of meat and pastry, with one exception.
    I do like a traditional Cornish pasty and I had one in August, the first one for about five years, as they are only traditional if made and purchased in a little bakery in a side street in Looe, Cornwall, and eaten from the bag as soon as you step out of the shop door!

Amazon prepared to be amazed and enlightened
    a wonderful piece of SA cuisine and apparently now
    good for us a fantastic exception to the rule thankyou (lord)

http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/naracoorte/Home

this is where I live aka the town
    not where I actually live 😆

I’ve not been to Naracoote. It is now on my list for next time I go to see my Adelaide friend. She always asks me where I want to go and what I want to see 🙂

RT have you heard the proverb “a little of what you fancy does you good” ?

I think you can apply it to Foodland pasties, but not too often 😆

I have almost nothing forbidden on my feed days.
    however once a month for a week. I stick to my plan to lose 2lbs precisely. Fat attack week.

Good morning/evening everyone.

Today is a non-FD so I will be eating a little more than FD’s. Just finished b2b FD’s and feeling good. Must admit I was curious so stepped on the scales and I’m down 1kg at the moment and if that stays or goes lower (hope) then I’ll have lost almost 10kg in this short time … the last time I managed to lose 10kg it took me months of hard yakka and deprivation. I must admit that I’m starting to walk more at work and home but more than that I walk faster! Someone at work yesterday asked me where I was racing off to, lol.

SAMM glad you have a plan. On my non-FDs nothing is forbidden either, I just control the portion size 🙂 it helps that I can’t eat as much plus I don’t want to undo all the good I’ve done and I don’t like the “stuffed” feeling.

Have a great day/night all 😆

Hi AO.
    You are doing really well, I hope you are proud of yourself. This WOE is so easy once you get your head round the fasting isn’t it 😛

I’m nearing the end of day 2 of B2B.
    I’m going to the cinema tomorrow afternoon with a friend and we’ll probably have an early dinner afterwards,
    I have been fantasising about pizza all day 😆

I worked out this morning, then did 15 minutes or so of stretches and back exercises and then went out and walked for 90 minutes. I don’t know what the osteopath did yesterday but it seems to have done something as I have no pain.
    Let’s hope I can get out of bed in the morning 😆

Good morning fast-trackers

AO, well done. You are obviously very disciplined and dedicated.

RT, never had a Foodland pastie but 145 cal’s – sounds OK even for a FD dinner, which I aim to keep under 250C. Our local bakery produces one nearly as good as mine, not that I bake them or anything else very often these days 😉

Amazon, hope you wake up OK. Because of the strong contingent of Cornish (and German) immigrants in the early days of South Australia’s establishment our bakery items reflect that influence. Pasties definitely the best out of the paper bag immediately outside the shop. Having had them in Cornwall, IMO SA ones are pretty good too.

Yesterday’s fast fairly good although did succumb to a few little snacks at the Melbourne Cup work ‘do’ and 50g grilled steak with salad for dinner. Averaged over the two FDs it came out to a bit under 450C/day which is 1/4 of my TDEE calculated both here and by my Fitbit. My waist (the only thing I measured from the beginning of this WOL) is down another 2cm meaning only 9cm to be half my height. Unfortunately the scales have been stubbornly fixed for several weeks but have had to discard my usual work pants for the next size down as there was an unsightly large tuck generated when I reefed in the belt to hold them up. Obviously something is happening and will take comfort from that.

Off to the dentist now so keep up the good work all.

Hi Nicky (and FTs)
    I went to the dentist yesterday….perfect teeth 🙂 It made it easy to fast for 24 hours straight as it saved an extra tooth cleaning before the afternoon appointment.
    I’m finding more and more that it really is easier to eat nothing. Even one tiny tom thumb tomato can trigger an insatiable hunger on fast days. On the days when I have only black tea and coffee and keep really busy, it is easy to go 24 hours.

Our fast dinner last night was lettuce, capers, capsicum, carrot, a couple of olives, 2 slices of orange and topped with a little smoked salmon. Very satisfying. Weight continues to gradually lower despite being carefree (and that involves a fair bit of wine) on normal days. This woe seems to be entrenched now.

Lunch and dinner out today, hope I don’t get caught in the predicted thunderstorm. P

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your wishes Nicky re the big horse race…. Not really a gambler but our hosts ran a “sweep” yesterday and as there were too many horses for the number of lunch guests, some of us bought extras. I got one for each son plus one for their partners and for the princely sum of $2.00 per horse outlay, youngest sons partner won first prize of $30.00! Quite funny actually as she is Vietnamese and didn’t have a clue what a Sweep is, but was delighted to hear she had won something she didn’t know she had even entered!

A very sad end to it all though when two horses died shortly after the race. They are such beautiful creatures and we use them for our entertainment, ignoring the risks for them. I don’t intend to enter even a sweep again.

Interesting with the food though. Lunch was a delicious barbecued lamb shoulder, Middle eastern marinade, plus lots of beautiful salads. So I allowed myself a small serve of the chocolate cheesecake (with raspberries!) only to find it made me feel quite yuk! This is the second time this has happened since starting fasting, most unlike me! Something’s happening….

Aussie Oma congrats on such a great loss! Very inspiring. And you seem to have amazing energy, between breeding pups and working. I used to find dieting such a chore if busy because of the time involved planning and preparing ‘special’ meals, but fasting is actually easier in that regard isn’t it? I agree with Purple, suits me to eat nothing at all and keep busy, don’t think about food!

Hope the improvements continue with your back Amazon, looks like your osteo knows her stuff!

Cheers all.

Amazon, glad to hear your back seems to be improving. Don’t overdo it though, give it time to heal.

AO, congratulations on the weight loss. Feels good doesn’t it 🙂

Nama, I’ve very much lost my sweet tooth as a result of fasting. It’s great to be able to say no to cake because I don’t want it rather than because I think/ know I shouldn’t! Being liberated from feelings of deprivation really helps with mindful eating.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,651 through 3,700 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.