Lacking the will to continue

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
Lacking the will to continue

This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pernetty 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I’ve been doing a 3:4 method with 36 hour fasts since Feb 18, 2020. It has been 5 weeks almost to the day and I’ve lost 8 lbs. At first I felt it was easy peasy, but now I’m lacking the strength to go on. Being at home all day because of the corona makes it impossible for me not to think of food. Coupled with the fact that I don’t SEE any changes in my body, especially not my stomach, I am getting discouraged.

Anyone else going through this? How did you push through!!! I want to keep up with this, I have Dr. Jason Fung’s The Obesity Code book on preorder and I’m hoping that helps encourage me.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Hi Eowyn,
    It sounds like now is the time to sit down and work out if you can make a healthy way of eating that is sustainable for you, especially while you are staying inside.
    I’d recommend moving from 3:4 to 2:5 fr a while, it will feel like a holiday!

Congratulations on the 8lb you have lost. You don’t want to put that on again!

I first put on weight when chronic illness forced me to be sedentary, and misery and boredom made eating a comfort. I do not recommend continual comfort eating while you are staying indoors

You might like joining in with one of the big threads here for comaraderie. You will find them if you click on “Forum” on the top bar, and “Active Topics”. You will see the monthly challenge thread, and a couple of other ones. I am in the Southern Hemispherite thread, and you are welcome to join, even if you are in the Northern Hemisphere, so long as you can put up with our long posts! Just ask questions there and you will get plenty of responses.

Make this time at home one where your health gets better, not worse. Best wishes and all good things.

PS You might enjoy this: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

Hey I can relate!

I started my 5:2 journey on Feb 1. At first the FDs were relatively easy and I immediately went to a 4:3 schedule. But I had a really tough FD this week where I had a very hard time sleeping and then woke up ravenous and wanted to eat everything in sight.

But, I am pushing ahead.

Like anything, it’s easy to get really gung ho in the beginning; add more FDs, drop the calories but if I’ve learned anything on these forums it is this:

1. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

2. Stick to the 5:2 schedule. Yesterday I allowed more calories — about 700. I felt better, slept better and woke up feeling my normal hunger.

3. Weight loss is generally about 1 pound a week or less. I kept thinking I’d wake up to a flat stomach, only to remember that this not a magic bullet. It will take time.

As mentioned, you’ve had a great start with eight pounds, stay the course and let’s see what happens.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.